Old 03-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Default Hello, all.

How was your day?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
Order 66
Socialphobic

i have tomorrow off so i took a xanax and am drinking a miller light, and there will be many other miller lights to be had

about to watch dallas buyers club for the first time. hope theres lots of action and people blowing up

Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Pretty good. Easy day at the office, irritating drive home, great sex, good dinner, good work out, and I'm deciding between snacking on apple pie, chocolate chip cookies, or old pizza.

How's stuff going for you?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #4
Eulogy
huh

got to catch up on a few things. but now there's a whole new set of things to catch up on so eh. drive home was worse than usual (not by much i guess but still). just watched last night's episode of the americans. hoping i can stay awake for the penguins game in san jose. not too confident tbh.

but at least tomorrow is friday. wooooo

Old 03-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
noyen
Immortal

sincerely?

Old 03-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #6
TuralyonW3
Immortal

shitty. I feel like my current job has run it's course and I really hope I get one of the TX jobs I'm applying for. not smoking because of a possible test is the worst (although I'm enjoying my whiskey/bourbon collection more)

Old 03-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
Skradgee
Boardcaster

I don't even know how to properly evaluate each day anymore.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:36 AM   #8
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

my day was pretty ok. tomorrow is the really hot social studies teacher's last day. so I sent an email out to a bunch of my coworkers saying we were meeting for happy hour at the pub after work as a pretense to hang out with her. A bunch of people committed to come, including her, and she thought my email was funny. It's the little things

Old 03-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #9
Bread Regal
Banned

feeling a little down but not suicidal which is nice for a change.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:38 AM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

hey man you need a dude to talk to about that just let me know

Old 03-07-2014, 01:43 AM   #11
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I had therapy and then went out to eat with a friend.

Last night my drawer at work was $1000 over and I was getting prepared to put up a fight about it being impossible that it was actually me who fucked up (I took $1k from a person and didn't give them anything for it? Yeah, okay), but when I called my store today my manager told me the office girl fucked up and not to worry about it. I just got promoted so I was worried they were just going to blame the new person. Like, I might fuck up while I'm learning, but not that bad.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:53 AM   #12
Bread Regal
Banned

what position you get promoted to?

publix, by all accounts i've heard, is a great place to work. would you agree?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 AM   #13
slunken
Virgo

In the morning after the night I fall in love with the light

Old 03-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #14
Shallowed
Braindead

Today felt twice as long as it really was.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 AM   #15
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
In the morning after the night I fall in love with the light
beaut

Old 03-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #16
yo soy el mejor

yesterday morning i woke up at 4 am and couldn't fall back to sleep so i did some duolingo and spring cleaning before going downtown. i was exhausted all day. we made dinner last night and fell to sleep around 11 pm. I woke up at 2 am and have been up since. -_-

Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #17
bignothing
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i did some duolingo
What language are you doing? I've been trying to learn German so I do one duolingo skill and at least half an hour of "strengthening" exercise every day but it's so difficult

Also does anyone know a similar website to learn some basic Russian?

Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 AM   #18
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignothing View Post
What language are you doing? I've been trying to learn German so I do one duolingo skill and at least half an hour of "strengthening" exercise every day but it's so difficult

Also does anyone know a similar website to learn some basic Russian?
i'm doing spanish and i've noticed a lot of improvement, but it's been made easier by the fact i grew up listening to it - i just never learned to string it all together beyond a sentence or two. i've also subscribed to Mujer magazine (for free!) and occasionally pick up a spanish paper for the practice.

i'm on level nine. once i get closer to the end i am going to work through french.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #19
Bread Regal
Banned

i always wanted to learn german, because if you're gonna learn any language, why not the mother tongue of the Fatherland?

Old 03-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #20
Bread Regal
Banned

I'm on level 2 now

Old 03-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #21
hnibos
Braindead

I wish I had the energy to learn another language. It would most definitely be German.

I'm on day 4 of no cigarette but I'm cheating. I got an e-cig, the type where you use liquid. I had it shipped to my work, and I wasn't going to be able to go to this outlet e cig store in time so I sent T to buy me some e-liquid and I think he got the most potent kind. I get that light headed feeling I used to get when I was a wee young'n smoking cigs. I'm sure it's not that all that healthy but it can't be worse than cigs.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #22
Bread Regal
Banned

man. transitive verbs have genders in german? what the fuck.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #23
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i want to speak french

Old 03-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

I am experiencing pain in the left side of my chest. Gonna get a scan of my lungs. Hope i don't have cancer or a blood clot. It's probably just some kind of indigestion crap, but Dr wanted to make sure I wasn't about to die. Other than that, I guess I'm ok.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #25
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

also I'm dieting and working out again and trying to do healthy things.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #26
Bread Regal
Banned

http://mosaicmercy.org/wp-content/up...s-1024x505.png

Old 03-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #27
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
what position you get promoted to?

publix, by all accounts i've heard, is a great place to work. would you agree?
Customer service staff. Not a big jump, but my job is totally different and I deal with a ton of money. And lotto, which is all cash and no computer input (it doesn't tell you how much change to give etc)... which is really not hard, but it takes more concentration than being a drone cashier. Job is so different, feels a lot easier on my body even though I don't know why it should since I'm still just standing all day.

Publix is very transparent. You know exactly how to move up if you want to. They are fair in general, and the managers tend to be competent. They pretty much only promote from within. And you get dental after 3 months, a 401k after a year, stock every year based on how many hours you worked, and a quarterly profit sharing bonus after a year. All this you get even as part time. And if you work 1500 hours in a year (about 30 hrs/wk), you get health insurance.

I get exactly the schedule I want (I give them a little wiggle room). If I need to change my availability, it's no problem. Perfect for school, since my schedule changes at least 3x a year. Before I started school I was getting close to 40 hrs a week. Once you prove you're a good worker, you basically get whatever you want. At least at my store. Pay is shit of course, but for this kind of job it's realistic (cashiers start at $9/hr, after 1 year I was making $9.75).

tl;dr yeah it's a good place to work. And if you don't want to go to school, it's really good too if you don't mind working 50hrs a week. The customer service manager is a year younger than me and makes 73k/yr. Started working for the company @ 17 y/o

Old 03-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #28
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

This is why Japanese is so easy. No plurals. No articles. No masculine/feminine bullshit.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #29
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

i had a fever and a lot of pain after surgery on thursday so i spent the day in bed. slept and read mostly. took some tramadol an hour ago so with any luck i'll sleep through the night

didn't do any duolingo but i do have the app

tomorrow's challenge: get someone to bring me pizza

Old 03-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #30
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Customer service staff. Not a big jump, but my job is totally different and I deal with a ton of money. And lotto, which is all cash and no computer input (it doesn't tell you how much change to give etc)... which is really not hard, but it takes more concentration than being a drone cashier. Job is so different, feels a lot easier on my body even though I don't know why it should since I'm still just standing all day.

Publix is very transparent. You know exactly how to move up if you want to. They are fair in general, and the managers tend to be competent. They pretty much only promote from within. And you get dental after 3 months, a 401k after a year, stock every year based on how many hours you worked, and a quarterly profit sharing bonus after a year. All this you get even as part time. And if you work 1500 hours in a year (about 30 hrs/wk), you get health insurance.

I get exactly the schedule I want (I give them a little wiggle room). If I need to change my availability, it's no problem. Perfect for school, since my schedule changes at least 3x a year. Before I started school I was getting close to 40 hrs a week. Once you prove you're a good worker, you basically get whatever you want. At least at my store. Pay is shit of course, but for this kind of job it's realistic (cashiers start at $9/hr, after 1 year I was making $9.75).

tl;dr yeah it's a good place to work. And if you don't want to go to school, it's really good too if you don't mind working 50hrs a week. The customer service manager is a year younger than me and makes 73k/yr. Started working for the company @ 17 y/o
i think a cashier would be under more stress, not just because of the standing but the twisting involved in moving stuff across the scanner. even if your torso isn't moving that much, you're still getting that same stress. customer service doesn't seem to need to do the same tisting.

the quarterly profit sharing thing is probably the most enticing part. like, they give you stock options that are actually worth something. a company that's owned in part by its employees? fuckin pinkos.

everyone i know who's worked there has done so for several years. the prices there tend to be higher but there are always bogo deals. i figured out that pasta and pasta sauce are bogo on alternating weeks. same thing with crackers/spreads, cereal/milk, chips/salsa etc. the trick is to stock up and you and up saving a shitload of money in the long run.

but even so i don't mind paying a little extra for the staples because i know it's a great company that treats its employees with respect and pays them decent wage which is, in turn, good for the local economy.

every company should aspire to be like them.