Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #781
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

As of 10pm tonight District of Columbia is finally on lock down.

All non essential services ordered closed until April 24. Residents ordered to shelter in place.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:41 AM   #782
Ram27
dumb

kinda wanna cry watching this. why. is. everyone. else. so. shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckSuckStyle View Post
full lockdown here. (malaysia)

motion control order in place until the 14th. military in the streets. roadblocks. can't go more than 10km from your house.

after the first couple days people were still kinda ignoring it and that's when the army stepped in. they're talking about doing door to door testing.

there was a large gathering(14k) at a mosque a few weeks ago that triggered a surge in cases. before that things were pretty quiet.

going to try and get my visa extended. i do not want to have to go back to the states in may.
holy shit, wow.

I'd be torn between wanting [irresponsible] freedom in the US and wanting to be somewhere they're taking things seriously

Old 03-26-2020, 01:36 AM   #783
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Are you referring to the freedom to move about as you wish amidst the current pandemic or freedom in some more general sense?

Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 AM   #784
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

We had to move out of my parents house. We managed to do it in 4 days, start to finish. One of my friends has two doctors for parents - they've worked in NZ hospitals a lot and she had some very bleak things to say about how well we can handle bad outbreak. Her parents went into self isolation last week....so when she said that on Saturday I knew we had to start looking for any place we could find, to move out into.

We're renting (again), paying too much (again), it needs a lot of maintenance (again) but my parents can now properly self isolate. They're in a high risk category and I just wanted them to not leave the house and have nobody coming into the house. We're going to leave anything they need in their garage.

The place we're renting is partly furnished and under what will be my bed, I found an empty condom wrapper

I was sad and disgusted. But you know, on the plus side I still have to go in to work, so I'm too exhausted to cry about it. This week has felt about a month long. My husband's working full time from home and trying to help the kids with their online school work. Everything's just in survival mode until the weekend....lego and boxes and books and pots and musical instruments are just strewn everywhere, everybody living off packet noodles and muesli bars and apples

Old 03-26-2020, 09:05 AM   #785
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Gordon Brown calls for global government to tackle coronavirus

I'm sure all the nutters across the flat earth are resting snug in their beds after a former UK PM recommended the start of a New World order as a result of this global conspiracy/"pandemic"

Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #786
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Someone at my mom's senior citizens' residence now has it.

Staff in contact with them have been sent home, all occupants are in their rooms in protective quarantine, where their meals are now served, the building is being disinfected daily, workers are wearing masks and gloves.

Hoping it will be enough.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #787
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Are you referring to the freedom to move about as you wish amidst the current pandemic or freedom in some more general sense?
option a

right now i'm sitting in my car on my laptop stealing taco bell wifi just to get out of the house

Old 03-26-2020, 02:29 PM   #788
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
option a

right now i'm sitting in my car on my laptop stealing taco bell wifi just to get out of the house
Nice. We’re not allowed to go for drives just to get out of the house under our county’s order. Walks are ok tho if we stay 6 ft away from other infecteds

Old 03-26-2020, 05:15 PM   #789
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Turns out that freedom is a bit of a double-edged blade and the United States is well on its way to becoming the worst affected country on the planet.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #790
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Gordon Brown calls for global government to tackle coronavirus

I'm sure all the nutters across the flat earth are resting snug in their beds after a former UK PM recommended the start of a New World order as a result of this global conspiracy/"pandemic"
Capitalism is the world government

Old 03-26-2020, 05:59 PM   #791
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Nice. We’re not allowed to go for drives just to get out of the house under our county’s order. Walks are ok tho if we stay 6 ft away from other infecteds
Yeah my state's locked down so I think technically I shouldn't be. but i don't see how a car is different than a house, ya know

Old 03-26-2020, 06:27 PM   #792
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I've been a very good girl and haven't walked more than a mile from my house since the 15th and that's only been to get groceries and essential items. i was torn about walking to get my medicine or ordering it online.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:29 PM   #793
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Anyone have any apocalyptic tales of going for more milk

We had to try to find some bottom wipes today and my gosh targets got a nice operation going, sanitize the cart in front of u while staying 6 ft back, give u some peace of minds

Old 03-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #794
ovary
Ownz

other than bars and restaurants, anywhere i ever go is "essential" and still open so my life is continuing pretty normally, sans meeting up with friends indoors, other than the one that has been doing work with me. life here is pretty socially distant pandemic or not. my wife is only working every other day so that's nice

Old 03-26-2020, 09:13 PM   #795
yo soy el mejor

Quote:

We had to try to find some bottom wipes today and my gosh targets got a nice operation going, sanitize the cart in front of u while staying 6 ft back, give u some peace of minds
somehow our milk has lasted way longer than usual. it says sell by the 14th, but i keep sniffing it and it smells fine! wth

typically i find it stinky after just a few days from the sell by date (weirdly, sometimes before), but i wonder if it's because we are not usually opening it daily, which we are doing now.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:14 PM   #796
yo soy el mejor

it's a half gallon and we recently bought a whole gallon because we assumed the half gallon would be bad soon, but now we have to hurry and use it before the whole gallon goes bad! but hopefully the whole gallon has the same "problem"

i'm gonna have a huge glass of chocolate milk tomorrow

Old 03-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #797
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:

I work for a supermarket chain. I'm lucky to still be working but it's overwhelming. I spend all day every day dealing with product shortages and problems with getting the massive food orders from manufacturers to our doors. There is still plenty of food. But at this point it's nearly impossible to move it fast enough. Our store employees are doing an amazing job and taking huge health risks just showing up to work. Those of us in the office are working 12 or more hours per day every day seven days a week trying to keep things running.

So many of the people I work with are out in stores every day right now. And I worry about them and can't stop thinking about whether some of them will be dead by summer.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 03-27-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #798
ilikeplanets
Braindead

One thing sure has changed for me: I watch a fuckton more CNN now

Old 03-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #799
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 03-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #800
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

stay-at-home vs safer-at-home vs shelter-in-place

Old 03-27-2020, 10:36 PM   #801
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
One thing sure has changed for me: I watch a fuckton more CNN now
same. my theory is that CNN and big grocery are behind the pandemic

Old 03-27-2020, 10:42 PM   #802
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

If you really want to scare yourselves head over to godlikeproductions forum. Eek.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #803
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Re-entering this thread to say I was wrong, and stupid. Mostly ignorant. This is much worse than I could've ever imagined.

Nothing much to add. Just want to apologize for being an ass, especially to Run to Me and to reprise, for pooping in her thread.

I hope everyone is safe and doing okay. Except yo soy.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:51 AM   #804
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

jk yo soy. Let's be friends lol.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #805
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
If you really want to scare yourselves head over to godlikeproductions forum. Eek.
Lol yeah the whole event 201 storyline is kinda fun, then there’s Stu, who talks to aliens, who called end of days back in like Sept or whenever and his timeline lines up with when the virus appeared

Old 03-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #806
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Re-entering this thread to say I was wrong, and stupid. Mostly ignorant. This is much worse than I could've ever imagined.

Nothing much to add. Just want to apologize for being an ass, especially to Run to Me and to reprise, for pooping in her thread.

F’lobes it’s cool nobody wants to told ya so about this, so please no need to apologize, but thanks for the sentiments. Hope you stay safe and don’t get laid off and everything. Banks have been deemed essential in most places, i think

Old 03-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #807
FoolofaTook

aw...

Old 03-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #808
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:

run to me put it better than i could have. be safe man!

Old 03-28-2020, 10:32 AM   #809
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

well I also truly didn't believe this was gonna be anywhere near as big a deal as it turned out

Last edited by smashingjj : 03-28-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Old 03-28-2020, 10:50 AM   #810
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Only a big man can admit when he was wrong.

Closed Thread