Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 AM   #181
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
I AM A HUMPBACK WHALE IN OUTERSPACE HERE TO SING TO U, FETUS.
SOUNDS FUCCIN PURTY AS HELL

Old 09-07-2015, 04:27 AM   #182
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I've never watched Dr. Who.
I don't know what it's about.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #183
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

those could be the first two lines of a poem

Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #184
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I've never watched Dr. Who.
I don't know what it's about.
So if there's nothing I can add,
Please don't scream and shout.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 AM   #185
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

sorry, that was the best I could do with what I had to work with

Old 09-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #186
Cool As Ice Cream

i also hope they don't make new blackadders. i'm afraid not much good can come from that.

i did enjoy the new ab fabs though, especially the first one.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #187
redbreegull

Quote:
Yeah it wasn't an international hit because there wasn't a hashtag for it. Last of two stations to continue airing original series when? Now? You were there, all over the world keeping track in the 60s, 70s and 80s as to what was socially or culturally popular? 2005 is when what happened? Are you privy to data or just spouting out an opinion? Cuz your opinion is myopic according to teh web.
Quote:
my grandparents and parents were on Dr. Who as much as they were on MASH which mustve also been some fringe demographic going on. Married with children, cult hit right? 21 jump street was too underground for the mainstream too and didnt become a hit until they made 2 shitty takeoff movies. Dude. Dr. Who was not an underground thing. Unless you think MTV was too.
2005 was when the reboot happened dude. Maryland Public Television was one of the last two stations to air the original series before it disappeared from American TV altogether, before the reboot. Doctor Who didn't come to the United States at all until the mid 70s. This is not an opinion, these things happened in the actual real world bro. You are just arguing semantics. You seem to believe that having a small niche audience qualifies the show as a "hit." Comparing the popularity of Doctor Who in the US to MTV is asinine. The Doctor Who movie on Fox in the mid 90s was panned as a critical and popular failure. It was edged out in viewership by an episode of Roseanne.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #188
noyen
Immortal

Don't call me dude or bro, you're just begging the gods for a punch in the throat. You're wrong about a lot of stuff and right about things I never disputed. You're 26 right? That all the information I need to gloss over your snobbery. Enjoy hell. I have lived all over the world dude bro and didn't see it in the states before 86, like I said. Also never said Dr Who original series aired or ended, that some point you brought in so you could say it again later? Tell me about the real world. Let me get a pillow. You go ahead and dream on about small niche audiences and go fuzzyroes ballistic over the word "hit". Thats so cool about Roseanne bro! Please keep telling stories, they're fascinating.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #189
redbreegull

I'm not really sure why you are so belligerent about everything and want to start a war over minutia in every thread. We already have one trotskilicious. You aren't saying anything, you're just playing rhetorical games to be a dick.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #190
noyen
Immortal

War? Minutiae? If you can't handle someone challenging your opinion get off the internet or don't share em. You aren't writing the bible here. Were you there when no one in 196x-2005 said "this dr who show isn't a hit, why am I seeing this?" Just get over it.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #191
redbreegull

what the hell are you even talking about? the original point I was making was that the reboot is massively more popular and more recognized in the US than the original series, which is not sanely debatable. You're just argumentative and want to protract this into meaninglessness and semantics. Your problem seems to be the word "hit" which I have suggested some parameters for like viewership, durability, and platform on which it aired, but you reject them because to you it was always a "hit."

Old 09-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #192
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
what the hell are you even talking about? the original point I was making was that the reboot is massively more popular and more recognized in the US than the original series, which is not sanely debatable. You're just argumentative and want to protract this into meaninglessness and semantics. Your problem seems to be the word "hit" which I have suggested some parameters for like viewership, durability, and platform on which it aired, but you reject them because to you it was always a "hit."
*rejects you* who's having a fit? oh i guess i am. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT!??!! my words are not meaningless. maybe they are to you, big baby. tell me more about my problens. *fluffs pillow*.

jesus wept bro, jesus wept.