Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #541
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

this fucking guy is subposting me so hard

Old 03-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #542
Trotskilicious
Banned

and then if we bring up the fact that he seems to have a very bad lifestyle with too much booze which is about as far away from this condescending stuff about proper living can be

but that's all part of the game here guys

Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #543
fuzzyroes
Banned

Dude I had severe mental illness growing up... OCD and depression. It was a daily nightmare just living, and I thought about killing myself all of the time... The only reason I couldn't is because I couldn't bare to put my mom through that.

In adulthood I really worked my ass of in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, ate healthy, exercised my mind, got physical exercise and kept a busy schedule and the tide started to turn.

Quite honestly, it's hard to fathom as of right now how far my life had fallen before.

I'm by no means a "glowing picture of mental health" as I probably drink too much and shit... But I'm doing a lot better whereas before I could barely drag my ass out of bed.

It really comes down to self will, and you really have to WANT to get better. If you don't, it's game over... Plain and simple....

Old 03-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #544
Trotskilicious
Banned

you're a high school drop out

Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 PM   #545
Trotskilicious
Banned

i mean i'm just saying you act like you're doing better than i am, i assure you pal you are definitely not

Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #546
Trotskilicious
Banned

for example i battled severe, untreated, unmedicated & undiagnosed bipolar disorder and i managed to graduate both high school and college

Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #547
fuzzyroes
Banned

RE: your high school drop-out comment: Yeah... You don't think it had anything to do with the mental illness I was struggling with at the time?

You're such a clueless hypocrite man... You used to have a clear stance and stick with it, now you're just a walking contradiction... You're contributions have waned in quality since the glory days before you were banned.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #548
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
for example i battled severe, untreated, unmedicated & undiagnosed bipolar disorder and i managed to graduate both high school and college
Yeah, but you're always talking about wanting to kill yourself and about how one day you probably will, whereas for me I couldn't even fathom in my most extreme imagination ever doing that to myself.

When it comes down to it, we're both probably just kind of dysfunctional losers, doing what we can to have a good time, indulging in our nerdy interests without making a very high wage... But there's more of a cerebral darkness emanating from you that I can't relate with anymore.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #549
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

thank god for weed at least, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have killed myself years ago

Old 03-20-2017, 10:13 PM   #550
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
But there's more of a cerebral darkness emanating from you that I can't relate with anymore.
lmao thanks, i'm glad

Old 03-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #551
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
thank god for weed at least, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have killed myself years ago
ugh mann... Weed exacerbates depression. The only reason I got out of bed when I was chronically depressed was go go jam with a stoner friend who'd always get me ripped out my mind every day... Trust me, it doesn't help the cause... And will only cloud your mind more as to what a rut you're actually drowning in.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #552
FoolofaTook

It's ok to be depressed rbg. You have to look at the silver lining: drugs and heavy rock.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #553
redbreegull

Quote:
ugh mann... Weed exacerbates depression. The only reason I got out of bed when I was chronically depressed was go go jam with a stoner friend who'd always get me ripped out my mind every day... Trust me, it doesn't help the cause... And will only cloud your mind more as to what a rut you're actually drowning in.
there is no reason I should trust you, you are wrong on everything. Weed does not exacerbate depression for everyone just because that was your experience. last time we had this argument I beat you over the head with sources on marijuana's use fighting depression and anxiety which you clearly didn't read

I guess finishing Bono's autobiography was just more important

Old 03-20-2017, 10:21 PM   #554
FoolofaTook

Fuck you fuzzrod. You better back off the Sacred Sinsemilla.

This ain't no game fool. I don't fuck around when it comes to ganja.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM   #555
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
It's ok to be depressed rbg. You have to look at the silver lining: drugs and heavy rock.
dude I drove home from work listening to the heavy songs from MCIS at a volume so loud that TOASE just sounded like a jet engine being consumed by an avalanche

Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM   #556
FoolofaTook

Yeah I pretty happy right now. Lolsterfesting to be exact. And yes I am stoned.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #557
FoolofaTook

Quote:
dude I drove home from work listening to the heavy songs from MCIS at a volume so loud that TOASE just sounded like a jet engine being consumed by an avalanche

Sweet. Must of sounded like a aural inferno.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #558
redbreegull

also before taking anything he says about weed to heart, consider that he believes alcohol to be the least harmful of all drugs with no adverse side effects or detriments to one's health

Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #559
FoolofaTook

And fuzzrod drinks. Alcohol.

lol.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #560
FoolofaTook

Damn our minds are One

Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #561
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's not just me man. I ran in a circle full of pot-heads... One of the biggest guys visited me after not chilling for like 3 years, and he had this huge doobie ready and was like "check this out man! we're gonna get ripped"- and I was like no thanks man... I don't smoke that shit anymore. And he was all shocked and then after he was like "yeah, I don't even know why I bother anymore... It's making me so fucking depressed" And I validated to him that that was one of the reasons why I quit.

Pots an escape... Pots a crutch.... Anytime you lean on a crutch, it's gonna bite you in the ass eventually... It might help initially, and continue for a bit... But a crutch is just that: a crutch. It's not a long-term solution.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #562
Trotskilicious
Banned

i had a doctor who wanted me to take anti-depressants which interact badly with weed so he basically just diagnosed me as a stoner & i hated that so my new doctor i told her this and she was like i mean its not great to smoke all damn day when you're sad (and i'm like 'yeah clearly') but you should take lithium and you can still smoke drugs

Old 03-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #563
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:

Pots an escape... Pots a crutch.... Anytime you lean on a crutch, it's gonna bite you in the ass eventually... It might help initially, and continue for a bit... But a crutch is just that: a crutch. It's not a long-term solution.
unlike drinking alone and posting on netphoria about what a model of citizenship you are

also you go to work drunk which is so bad dude, so bad. if its true, of course. its probably not.

i love the weeds and i have NEVER gone to work high NEVER. smoked drugs practically continuously for 17+ years now.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #564
redbreegull

Quote:
It's not just me man. I ran in a circle full of pot-heads... One of the biggest guys visited me after not chilling for like 3 years, and he had this huge doobie ready and was like "check this out man! we're gonna get ripped"- and I was like no thanks man... I don't smoke that shit anymore. And he was all shocked and then after he was like "yeah, I don't even know why I bother anymore... It's making me so fucking depressed" And I validated to him that that was one of the reasons why I quit.

there is no long term solution, mood disorders are lifelong. Most people never totally stop having them no matter how much progress they make. I'm sorry you can't understand this or don't want to accept it, but if you can't relate the truth is you don't have depression as a mental illness, you are just a guy who has been depressed. The end.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #565
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Damn our minds are One

Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #566
redbreegull

also you and you buddies are not the only people in the world who have smoked weed. It's hilarious (and by hilarious I mean SAD. PATHETIC) that when challenged over always inducing that your personal experiences must be significant to universal truths, you go oh but my friends too.

go back to school. your anecdotes about you and your friends are meaningless. your mind is pre-scientific

Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #567
Trotskilicious
Banned

children are heavily misdiagnosed, i had "attention deficit disorder"

i was only diagnosed with "depression" and given anti depressants after i graduated & i said i didn't want to take adderol anymore

so then i got really cynical and just didn't get diagnosed or treated & as you get older it gets clearer that you're off-kilter from everyone else so i had a very lengthy process of cycling doctors i felt were cynical pill pushers or arrogant, detached liberals to get a diagnosis & treatment that actually works

Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #568
fuzzyroes
Banned

what kind of a pot-head are you then?

Never gone to work high? that's the best part of being stoned: no residual odor, no one can prove it.

Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #569
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm a grown up who wants to do my job well

Old 03-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #570
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
there is no long term solution, mood disorders are lifelong. Most people never totally stop having them no matter how much progress they make. I'm sorry you can't understand this or don't want to accept it, but if you can't relate the truth is you don't have depression as a mental illness, you are just a guy who has been depressed. The end.
I don't buy it man.

When you were traveling around the world with your super attractive romantic interest I never heard you talking about how depression is consuming you... In fact you seemed to be having a pretty damn good time.

Depressions real, no doubt about it, but a lot of it is self-inflicted, and unbeknownst to all of you guys, I've actually studied a lot of psychiatry and this is a point that a lot of doctors emphasize.