Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #151
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i like cyr and dopamine addict i think. i feel like the intro to DA hurts it, like when it comes back around to "love is easy..." it sounds better

i will listen to all of them one more time i guess

Old 09-26-2020, 04:46 PM   #152
pumpkins
Ownz

I actually like these two. Not overall, but, as always with Billy, there are some sparks of magic, like some of the melodic lines he sings. It might be a good album after all.

Last edited by pumpkins : 09-26-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Old 09-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #153
Eulogy
huh

Wrath is alright. Confessions is... bad.

Old 09-26-2020, 06:07 PM   #154
YA5H
Demi-God

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
Let's just say, for example, Porcelina is a 10 - how the fuck are these 7's?
Appels + Oranjes my friend (see what I did there). Two completely different styles of music.... It's like comparing Elvis to Enya.

Old 09-26-2020, 06:11 PM   #155
YA5H
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Wrath is alright. Confessions is... bad.
I disagree... beauty is in the eye of the beholder....just ask your wife or my fiance...ha haaaaaa. Jk I'm ugly and I don't know if you have a wife my friend.

Old 09-26-2020, 07:11 PM   #156
s0ss
Demi-God

I'm really happy that Billy found his Gish guitar. I can really hear the influence it has brought to the music in these new singles.

But can someone please find his consonants please.

Old 09-26-2020, 08:56 PM   #157
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

So, I bought the Hi-Res Audio version of the Confessions of a Dopamine Addict EP. Listening on my Adam A7X's I can say there is some really hard to hear layering on these tracks. YouTube/streaming versions, it's not even distinguishable. Weird.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #158
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
So, I bought the Hi-Res Audio version of the Confessions of a Dopamine Addict EP. Listening on my Adam A7X's I can say there is some really hard to hear layering on these tracks. YouTube/streaming versions, it's not even distinguishable. Weird.
I just downloaded the tracks on SoulSeek for free.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #159
paranoid
Minion of Satan

songs in the order that i like them

1. wrath- i like it. very cure, sort of the new wave style i've been wanting to hear them do since zeitgeist.. as in signal to noise. remember that song? great song, wish they had recorded it. lots of production layers.

2. color of love- it's fun. billy doesn't sing too much on this. i love the ascending melodies.. nice layers too. i feel like this would rock live. a fun song that's to the point.

3. CYR- i don't know. catchy, dark, love the main melody.. vocal are weird and wtf is that bridge about.

4. Dopamine- think they're going for that TBITEITB vibe here. sounds like AEGEA with the band playing over it. it's just there, as a song. to be forgotten. and billy sings too much on this.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:15 PM   #160
paranoid
Minion of Satan

also i feel like if they had just released 4 straight up guitar rock songs, you'd all be saying "oh they're just cashing in on their past, where's the daring shit? they should do nth pop."

ok maybe not. but where's the middle ground these days? I go to sad machines and feel like they like everything way too much and blindly, then i come here and feel like the fans here hate it too much, blindly.

it's like changing channels between Fox News and MSNBC.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:27 PM   #161
Big Truck05
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm more into this right now.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:32 PM   #162
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
also i feel like if they had just released 4 straight up guitar rock songs, you'd all be saying "oh they're just cashing in on their past, where's the daring shit? they should do nth pop."

ok maybe not. but where's the middle ground these days? I go to sad machines and feel like they like everything way too much and blindly, then i come here and feel like the fans here hate it too much, blindly.

it's like changing channels between Fox News and MSNBC.
Oh you’re actually on sad macheenz? What is klax saying about the new songs? Is he adamantly defending them and did he buy every HUF item? We need the insightscoop

Old 09-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #163
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
listened to my youtube rips really loud on my hd598s

my ears hurt a lot from the vocals. i have no particular will to live about halfway through the first song - it's just random syllables over a boring melody

just because there was effort put into making it doesn't mean it's good. like i know figure skating is hard but that doesn't mean i give a shit about watching it

Old 09-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #164
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
does anyone except dickhead music writer critic cunts give a shit about that? no one with any soul would actually complain if they put out 4 straight up rock songs

Old 09-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #165
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
does anyone except dickhead music writer critic cunts give a shit about that? no one with any soul would actually complain if they put out 4 straight up rock songs
i've read these exact criticisms here many times on this board in the recent past. so, apparently yeah.

no i'm not a sad machine, i got booted for defending darcy.. even though many in that group were being all friendly with her and phone stalking her up until that point. but i am insta/facebook friends with a bunch of those people and they are just blindly ecstatic over this music.

you want a good inside scoop story? there's this one dickbag (and he's a massive trump supporter), forget his name, be he got all buddy buddy with patrick salerno. patrick is under the impression this kid is now his friend, then the kid says "hey, I have a guitar that's signed by the other 3 members of SP, would Darcy mind signing it to make it complete?" Patrick obliges. guitar get's mailed to Darcy, she takes one look at it and notices Melissa Auf Der Maur has her signature on it, and says "i'm not fucking signing this!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:23 AM   #166
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

The only cool thing about "Wrath" is the name.. it sounds like a NIN title.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:23 AM   #167
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't mind Dopamine too much.. mainly because it sounds a bit different and weird. Lyrics are cringeworthy though.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:32 AM   #168
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Wrath is the most generic song I've ever heard.. like something you'd hear in an elevator.. the boring beat. the hand claps.. the annoying synths and backing vocals

Old 09-27-2020, 09:36 AM   #169
s0ss
Demi-God

These are really good inclusions in the Teargarden by Kaleidyscope project. We're almost at the 41 song mark.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #170
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

The only thing more embarrassing than playing these songs in a room full of my peers, would be negotiating out loud that there is "actually a lot of layering going on underneath" while discussing these dreadful frooty loops turds.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #171
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Yeah, no one would complain if they put out 4 straight up rock songs like

FOL
Because You Are
Quasar
C'mon Let's Go

No one.

Right.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #172
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

Puhh guys... it is getting morw abd more negative...even aggressive.

You guys hating that new stuff ha?

It is just there and corgan has zero impact on radiostations, klicks,fans or casual listeners.

Old 09-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #173
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

I only brought up the layering because even that is absurd. Why put that much attention into a detail that is going to be lost?

Old 09-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #174
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad View Post
The only thing more embarrassing than playing these songs in a room full of my peers, would be negotiating out loud that there is "actually a lot of layering going on underneath" while discussing these dreadful frooty loops turds.
I never get this criticism. “Embarrassing to play in front of my peers.” Does anyone here just listen to music for themselves? Or are pumpkins fans the personality type that are constantly trying hard to be liked by people? I don’t fucking care if any of my friends like this or not.. it’s certainly not a merit on how good or bad I think the music is.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #175
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Yeah, no one would complain if they put out 4 straight up rock songs like

FOL
Because You Are
Quasar
C'mon Let's Go

No one.

Right.
i mean of course we'd complain if they were shitty ones! not a single person would be complaining about the style

Old 09-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #176
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

It's like laying layer after layer of diarrhea on top of each other. That's why I love the new songs!

Old 09-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #177
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

I'm having fun with the rollout. The animated music videos and the electronic music recalled Gorillaz for me, even though Billy isn't pulling it off as well. I was listening to the Pisces reissue last night and its clear that the new music is not in the same universe as the great SP albums, nowhere near it. But it's kinda cool for what it is and maybe the whole album and animation will make something interesting at the end of the day.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #178
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

GreenDogGlynis is having fun with the rollout

Old 09-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #179
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

GreenDogGlynis is having sex with the rollout

Old 09-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #180
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

it's honestly kind of pathetic how cliquish you are