Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #31
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
judging from the list of old movie recommendations I suspect Bills has been locked away in his mansion watching Netflix 24/7
Um, not really sure how you get that. He is probably too cheap to pay for cable and watches like a movie a day. I know a lot of people who do that and work full time.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:14 PM   #32
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
I don't think there is much evidence of that. There is evidence like the bagdad battery and the astrological charts that proved they were very advanced and might know more about somethings we don't.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/an..._atomic_09.htm

Old 02-01-2014, 01:05 AM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

gonna need more than that

Old 02-01-2014, 01:22 AM   #34
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

http://veda.wikidot.com/ancient-city...m-atomic-blast

Old 02-01-2014, 02:32 AM   #35
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

None of that is real evidence of the human race getting wiped out and restarted. The plague killed 75-200 million.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #36
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
None of that is real evidence of the human race getting wiped out and restarted. The plague killed 75-200 million.
nothing is "real evidence". It's all a matter of seeing and reading things and drawing your own conclusions.

Quote:
Mysterious Glass in the Egyptian Sahara

The following segment is One of the strangest mysteries of ancient Egypt is that of the great glass sheets that were only discovered in 1932. In December of that year, Patrick Clayton, a surveyor for the Egyptian Geological Survey, was driving among the dunes of the Great Sand Sea near the Saad Plateau in the virtually uninhabited area just north of the southwestern corner of Egypt, when he heard his tyres crunch on something that wasn't sand. It turned out to be large pieces of marvelously clear, yellow-green glass.

In fact, this wasn't just any ordinary glass, but ultra-pure glass that was an astonishing 98 per cent silica. Clayton wasn't the first person to come across this field of glass, as various 'prehistoric' hunters and nomads had obviously also found the now-famous Libyan Desert Glass (LDG). The glass had been used in the past to make knives and sharp-edged tools as well as other objects. A carved scarab of LDG was even found in Tutankhamen's tomb, indicating that the glass was sometimes used for jewellery.

An article by Giles Wright in the British science magazine New Scientist (July 10, 1999), entitled "The Riddle of the Sands", says that LDG is the purest natural silica glass ever found. Over a thousand tonnes of it are strewn across hundreds of kilometres of bleak desert. Some of the chunks weigh 26 kilograms, but most LDG exists in smaller, angular pieces--looking like shards left when a giant green bottle was smashed by colossal forces.

According to the article, LDG, pure as it is, does contain tiny bubbles, white wisps and inky black swirls. The whitish inclusions consist of refractory minerals such as cristobalite. The ink-like swirls, though, are rich in iridium, which is diagnostic of an extraterrestrial impact such as a meteorite or comet, according to conventional wisdom. The general theory is that the glass was created by the searing, sand-melting impact of a cosmic projectile.

However, there are serious problems with this theory, says Wright, and many mysteries concerning this stretch of desert containing the pure glass. The main problem: Where did this immense amount of widely dispersed glass shards come from? There is no evidence of an impact crater of any kind; the surface of the Great Sand Sea shows no sign of a giant crater, and neither do microwave probes made deep into the sand by satellite radar.

Furthermore, LDG seems to be too pure to be derived from a messy cosmic collision. Wright mentions that known impact craters, such as the one at Wabar in Saudi Arabia, are littered with bits of iron and other meteorite debris. This is not the case with the Libyan Desert Glass site. What is more, LDG is concentrated in two areas, rather than one. One area is oval-shaped; the other is a circular ring, six kilometres wide and 21 kilometres in diameter. The ring's wide centre is devoid of the glass.

One theory is that there was a soft projectile impact: a meteorite, perhaps 30 metres in diameter, may have detonated about 10 kilometres or so above the Great Sand Sea, the searing blast of hot air melting the sand beneath. Such a craterless impact is thought to have occurred in the 1908 Tunguska event in Siberia--at least as far as mainstream science is concerned. That event, like the pure desert glass, remains a mystery.

Another theory has a meteorite glancing off the desert surface, leaving a glassy crust and a shallow crater that was soon filled in. But there are two known areas of LDG. Were there two cosmic projectiles in tandem?

Alternatively, is it possible that the vitrified desert is the result of atomic war in the ancient past? Could a Tesla-type beam weapon have melted the desert, perhaps in a test?

An article entitled "Dating the Libyan Desert Silica-Glass" appeared in the British journal Nature (no. 170) in 1952. Said the author, Kenneth Oakley:3

Pieces of natural silica-glass up to 16 lb in weight occur scattered sparsely in an oval area, measuring 130 km north to south and 53 km from east to west, in the Sand Sea of the Libyan Desert. This remarkable material, which is almost pure (97 per cent silica), relatively light (sp. gin. 2.21), clear and yellowish-green in colour, has the qualities of a gemstone. It was discovered by the Egyptian Survey Expedition under Mr P.A. Clayton in 1932, and was thoroughly investigated by Dr L.J. Spencer, who joined a special expedition of the Survey for this purpose in 1934.

The pieces are found in sand-free corridors between north-south dune ridges, about 100 m high and 2&endash;5 km apart. These corridors or "streets" have a rubbly surface, rather like that of a "speedway" track, formed by angular gravel and red loamy weathering debris overlying Nubian sandstone. The pieces of glass lie on this surface or partly embedded in it. Only a few small fragments were found below the surface, and none deeper than about one metre. All the pieces on the surface have been pitted or smoothed by sand-blast. The distribution of the glass is patchyÉ

While undoubtedly natural, the origin of the Libyan silica-glass is uncertain. In its constitution it resembles the tektites of supposed cosmic origin, but these are much smaller. Tektites are usually black, although one variety found in Bohemia and Moravia and known as moldavite is clear deep-green. The Libyan silica-glass has also been compared with the glass formed by the fusion of sand in the heat generated by the fall of a great meteorite; for example, at Wabar in Arabia and at Henbury in central Australia.

Reporting the findings of his expedition, Dr Spencer said that he had not been able to trace the Libyan glass to any source; no fragments of meteorites or indications of meteorite craters could be found in the area of its distribution. He said: "It seemed easier to assume that it had simply fallen from the sky."

It would be of considerable interest if the time of origin or arrival of the silica-glass in the Sand Sea could be determined geologically or archaeologically. Its restriction to the surface or top layer of a superficial deposit suggests that it is not of great antiquity from the geological point of view. On the other hand, it has clearly been there since prehistoric times. Some of the flakes were submitted to Egyptologists in Cairo, who regarded them as "late Neolithic or pre-dynastic". In spite of a careful search by Dr Spencer and the late Mr A. Lucas, no objects of silica-glass could be found in the collections from Tut-Ankh-Amen's tomb or from any of the other dynastic tombs. No potsherds were encountered in the silica-glass area, but in the neighbourhood of the flakings some "crude spear-points of glass" were found; also some quartzite implements, "quernstones" and ostrich-shell fragments.

Oakley is apparently incorrect when he says that LDG was not found in Tutankhamen's tomb, as according to Wright a piece was found.

At any rate, the vitrified areas of the Libyan Desert are yet to be explained. Are they evidence of an ancient war--a war that may have turned North Africa and Arabia into the desert that it is today?
http://www.world-mysteries.com/pex_6.htm

Old 02-02-2014, 04:06 AM   #37
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

internet quotes!

Quote:
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is the tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. People also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

A series of experiments in the 1960s suggested that people are biased toward confirming their existing beliefs. Later work re-interpreted these results as a tendency to test ideas in a one-sided way, focusing on one possibility and ignoring alternatives. In certain situations, this tendency can bias people's conclusions. Explanations for the observed biases include wishful thinking and the limited human capacity to process information. Another explanation is that people show confirmation bias because they are weighing up the costs of being wrong, rather than investigating in a neutral, scientific way.

Confirmation biases contribute to overconfidence in personal beliefs and can maintain or strengthen beliefs in the face of contrary evidence. Poor decisions due to these biases have been found in political and organizational contexts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Old 02-02-2014, 05:24 AM   #38
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

when reading about stuff like lybian desert glass, it's best not to get too carried away

Old 02-02-2014, 05:32 AM   #39
Trotskilicious
Banned

skepticism is valuable you know

Old 02-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #40
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaguitar View Post
Looks like he's turned into an American version of David Icke: https://twitter.com/davidicke

Billy needs to talk to Jesse Ventura about David Icke.

I used to watch Jesse on Trutv. That fema camp episode was the bomb.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #41
Trotskilicious
Banned

i almost feel like it's funny that alex jones acts like he has a philosophical vendetta against david icke but it's pretty obvious he's more interested in taking out a rival

Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #42
Trotskilicious
Banned

still a public service

Old 02-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #43
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
when reading about stuff like lybian desert glass, it's best not to get too carried away
I agree... but I never want to lose my sense of wonder either. I (obviously) can't prove any of that, it's just an explanation I tend to think about a lot. Mainly because of recurring dreams I had when I was a little kid.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I just like talking about the weird stuff that may or may not have happened in ancient times.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #44
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah honestly i loved ufo stuff as a kid, i still kind of do, it's got the right mix of wonder and dread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #45
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

supposed cosmic origin

Old 02-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #46
Starla

Quote:
i almost feel like it's funny that alex jones acts like he has a philosophical vendetta against david icke but it's pretty obvious he's more interested in taking out a rival
lol David icke is the turd in the punch bowl.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Billy needs to talk to Jesse Ventura about David Icke.

I used to watch Jesse on Trutv. That fema camp episode was the bomb.
Haha that's awesome. I love Jesse Ventura. I used to watch his show all of the time but it doesn't air on the channels I get anymore.

The episode he did on HAARP was pretty interesting.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:06 AM   #48
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
lol David icke is the turd in the punch bowl.
reptilian shapeshifters really are another level down from alex jones. compared to icke he's a reputable journalist

i haven't decided if it's more or less ridiculous than the lucipherian stuff our resident kook is fond of

Old 02-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #49
Starla

I don't believe in this haarp crap. Haarp is not causing earthquakes, tsunamis, fake snow, loud booms, volcano eruptions, etc.

I can believe in the loud booms, because I've heard them up here. I heard one before we had a small earthquake in Dec. But this is just shit the earth is doing on it's own. Apparently, every fucking winter, is always THE worst winter we have ever had , like ever!! We go through this every year. I remember snow up to my waist as a kid, ice 3 inches thick everywhere, snow storms from hell, but for some reason, this year is the worst. Must be haarp.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #50
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I agree the storms when I were young were way worse than now. To me two big storms a winter is normal.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #51
Trotskilicious
Banned

where is TOC anyway, i figured he'd be all up in this thread like lindsay graham on a pool boy.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #52
Trotskilicious
Banned

does he not post on the sp board becasue bill is watching and is going to hack his computer to steal his sweet riffs

Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #53
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
I don't believe in this haarp crap. Haarp is not causing earthquakes, tsunamis, fake snow, loud booms, volcano eruptions, etc.

I can believe in the loud booms, because I've heard them up here. I heard one before we had a small earthquake in Dec. But this is just shit the earth is doing on it's own. Apparently, every fucking winter, is always THE worst winter we have ever had , like ever!! We go through this every year. I remember snow up to my waist as a kid, ice 3 inches thick everywhere, snow storms from hell, but for some reason, this year is the worst. Must be haarp.
yeah i looked at some of the "proof" and it's like doppler bugs and circular storms. i'm just like jesus you guys are fucking mental and incredibly stupid

the one i like most is one that shows doppler radar for central mexico and it's a perfect circle filled with green to red severe thunderstorms

and it says "why is it perfectly circular????" and i'm like BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING RADAR YOU SHITHEAP; THAT'S NOT THE ONLY PART OF MEXICO THAT IS RAINING GOD DAMN IT FUCK

really reminds me of the shapeshifter proof videos where the proof is basic digital loss of fidelity and buffering. I watch streamed basketball games and they have a lot of this going on, i like to accuse them all of being lizardpeople. one game i was watching for a moment james harden didn't have a face, and i was like I KNEW IT I KNEW IT, ISHTARIAN

Old 02-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #54
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

Quote:
does he not post on the sp board becasue bill is watching and is going to hack his computer to steal his sweet riffs
doesnt matter, bill does it with his mind neway

Old 02-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #55
Starla

Quote:

and it says "why is it perfectly circular????" and i'm like BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING RADAR YOU SHITHEAP; THAT'S NOT THE ONLY PART OF MEXICO THAT IS RAINING GOD DAMN IT FUCK

Quote:
really reminds me of the shapeshifter proof videos where the proof is basic digital loss of fidelity and buffering. I watch streamed basketball games and they have a lot of this going on, i like to accuse them all of being lizardpeople. one game i was watching for a moment james harden didn't have a face, and i was like I KNEW IT I KNEW IT, ISHTARIAN
@:38

Old 02-05-2014, 04:28 AM   #56
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
Apparently, every fucking winter, is always THE worst winter we have ever had , like ever!! We go through this every year. I remember snow up to my waist as a kid, ice 3 inches thick everywhere, snow storms from hell, but for some reason, this year is the worst. Must be haarp.
http://xkcd.com/1321/

AKA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 AM   #57
StillBecomingApart
I'M FROM ITALY

Location: Back the tape up. I need it again! Let it roll! Just as high as the fucker can go! And when it comes to that fantastic note where the rabbit bites its own head off, I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!

This thread is awesome. Better than Oceania.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #58
Kreatorkind
Demi-God

Quote:
I remember snow up to my waist as a kid,
How tall were you?

Old 02-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #59
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

oh man, some of those facebook comments. Billy has attained a Gary Numan cult-like following, meaning that many of them are creepy, delusional, and like anything he farts out.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #60
slunken
Virgo

I think that's true with anything that attracts fans