myosis
Minion of Satan

i also bought a gamecube for like 25$ some years ago, now they're more like 45$

Old 10-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #92
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Nintendo 64 kinda sucked. It's when videogames lost me. I did have a playstation though but pretty much only played Crash Bandicoot and some baseball and hockey ones.
N64 survives for me on the basis of ocarina, majoras mask, and goldeneye

These are absolutely essential games imo

Never had a GameCube but I've been curious about a few exclusive titles ... what should I get for it if I grab one

RIP in piss to your old GameCube, alcoholism sux, I know

Old 10-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #93
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Nintendo 64 kinda sucked. It's when videogames lost me.
Quote:
What was actually dope and criminally underrated though was GameCube.

A few years back in a drunken stupor I accidentally pissed on it in the middle of the night and broke it though.
Quote:
One funny time was when my buddy saw me passed out and sleep walking as I then stopped and pissed in the dogs-dish. I guess I thought it was a toilet or something

I just

what

Old 10-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #94
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Nintendo 64 kinda sucked. It's when videogames lost me. I did have a playstation though but pretty much only played Crash Bandicoot and some baseball and hockey ones.
Sometimes I think you get a bad rep and get unfairly shit upon, but for this comment alone, I believe you should be banned. From existence.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:38 PM   #95
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
haven't you ever just pissed in random weird places when you're pass out drunk?

One funny time was when my buddy saw me passed out and sleep walking as I then stopped and pissed in the dogs-dish. I guess I thought it was a toilet or something

And yeah man, I tried it and cleaned it and it was fucked.
I've pissed myself drunk many a time, but have never been that drunk before.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #96
redbreegull

His comment essentially amounts to, "I didn't like when they made videogames 3-dimensional"

Old 10-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #97
redbreegull

Lamecube had very few truly great exclusive releases. N64 is practically drowning in legendary classic titles. I still go back and play N64 once in awhile but I'll probably never get my GC out again

Mario 64, Starfox, Shadows of the Empire, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, Rogue Squadron, Conker's BFD, the two Zelda games, Super Smash, the Banjo games... I can't think of half this number of great GC games and that's just off the top of my head

Old 10-07-2016, 10:03 PM   #98
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
His comment essentially amounts to, "I didn't like when they made videogames 3-dimensional"
you can actually kinda count me in on that, too.

i mean i still like FPS shooters, because the 3d graphics makes them look better, but i really don't like how a whole bunch of inherently 2D games became 3D. sidescollers, fighting games, mario, etc. it just feels wrong to me.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #99
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

you can call me a geek or whatever but i could never once in my life get so drunk that i would just piss on electronical equipment in my house.

i mean i don't even think it's possible. being drunk makes you less inhibited, but it can't make me act that different. what the fuck, fuzzy

Old 10-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #100
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

also, this thread reminds me of when Goldeneye just came out, and i went to some guy's house to play it when i was a small and innocent child.

it just blew my socks off, i was literally like OMG THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING the whole time, but i couldn't get my parents to get me a N64 back then. i would only get the Sega Dreamcast several years down the line, but we all know how that shit went down.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:44 PM   #101
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
I played DK64 with the official guide. There's like a secret ending if you play to 100% completion, and I collected everything, and somehow it didn't unlock the secret ending. I went back and checked every fuckin thing in case the problem was just that "stats" page thing on the menu, but it still didn't work. Super disappointing
Did you get the rareware and Nintendo coins? You had to beat old video games like the original Mario to do it. I love dk64 but I also used a guide book so I wouldn't be lost forever. It's not subpar because there are five characters with unique abilities.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:48 PM   #102
ilikeplanets
Braindead

And Nintendo 64 is awesome btw. And fuzzy, my friend pissed in my closet and fell asleep in the bathtub with his clothes on but pants off when he was drunk. Sigh. Some people just black out.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #103
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
you can call me a geek or whatever but i could never once in my life get so drunk that i would just piss on electronical equipment in my house.

i mean i don't even think it's possible. being drunk makes you less inhibited, but it can't make me act that different. what the fuck, fuzzy
yeah... this is coming from someone who has been drunk to the point of illness and self-embarrassment more times than I could possibly count... I've passed out in the woods. I've passed out on a park bench. I've passed out in a dorm stairwell. I fell asleep in a bar bathroom in Africa and got left behind. I got on the back a scooter driven by a drunk-off-his-ass racist Australian in Thailand. I made out with my best friend's mom's 50-year-old best friend. I've blacked out and woken up at home with no memory of who got me there. I've blacked out and woke up inside a clothes dryer. I've been so drunk I fell face first off the toilet from a sitting position and smashed by head open on the bathroom counter. I projectile vomited all over the place while running to the bathroom after getting drunk in a historical house that belonged to a US president.

But I have never. Never. Not once, ever pulled down my pants and urinated all over my house.

I have to agree that this seems beyond normal inhibition-dampening. I feel like at some level you had to want to do that before you got drunk for it to happen. I've seen 28if do some crazy shit when he was drunk sleepwalking though.

Last edited by redbreegull : 10-07-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #104
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Did you get the rareware and Nintendo coins? You had to beat old video games like the original Mario to do it. I love dk64 but I also used a guide book so I wouldn't be lost forever. It's not subpar because there are five characters with unique abilities.
yeah it's not actually a subpar game, I just liked the Banjo games more and it is hard to not compare. I did in fact get the coins. I had so much trouble with the original Donkey Kong game that I wrote Nintendo a letter asking if there was any way to cheat or otherwise get the coin without finishing the arcade game. They wrote me a really nice letter back saying no but they understood it was really hard and I should just keep trying but remember to take hourly breaks. I did eventually beat it.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:11 PM   #105
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Clothes dryer???

Old 10-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #106
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm pretty wild, but that one surprises me. Seems impossible to squeeze in there sober, let alone drunk

Old 10-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #107
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I'm pretty wild, but that one surprises me. Seems impossible to squeeze in there sober, let alone drunk
-be a senior in high school
-be alcohol inexperienced (drunk less than five times)
-be at crazy party at my drummer's house
-friends are pushing drinks in my hand but I am like no, drugs are bad mmkay
-girlfriend is like you're here to have fun, have a drink!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

-come to in dryer because this other guy is trying to climb in after me (it was a big front opener, not a top opener)
-girlfriend wants to take me home but I am too drunk to go home
-girlfriend is very very very upset. "HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN"
-pass out on floor in basement, beg girlfriend to pick me up and drive me home in morning she is so angry now
-sleep for an hour in bed
-go to take my driver's exam and fail

Old 10-08-2016, 03:10 AM   #108
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Talking

aw man i can't believe you neglected to contact me when you were in Israel.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:05 AM   #109
Elphenor
Braindead

my first memories of gaming are on the N64 idk how much of it is nostalgia but whenever I see one I get giddy

used to play Mario Party and Smash 64

then it was the Gamecube which had an incredibly underrated Bond game on it, Agent Under Fire, multiplayer was on par with Goldeneye I mean that

there's ofc the cult classic Smash Bros Melee

Mario Sunshine was underrated imo it's actually pretty awesome

Wind Waker

I already mentioned Metroid Prime

Luigi's Mansion is a favorite of mine

Old 10-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #110
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I just

what
Pissing in random places when you pass out drunk is a very common alcoholic tendency. You're just passed out inebriated, and when you gotta go, you gotta go and your body just operates in almost a "back-up mode"... Better that than just soiling your bed or sofa or whatever.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #111
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
i also bought a gamecube for like 25$ some years ago, now they're more like 45$
Figured as much. Anything Nintendo is just skyrocketing in price over the years. Definitely stands the test of time in a way that consoles like Sony and XBOX can't.... I mean I don't think there's ever gonna be a big collectors market for old playstation 1 games.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #112
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I've pissed myself drunk many a time, but have never been that drunk before.
Well the game-cube was just on my floor only a few feet from my bed, so it's really not that unusual. The dog-dish thing was pretty insane though

I just did a quick google of it and there's endless results. For example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cripplingal...ext_to_my_bed/

Old 10-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #113
fuzzyroes
Banned

fuck, some dudes on that reddit talk about shitting themselves drunk... now that I've never done

Old 10-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #114
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
N64 survives for me on the basis of ocarina, majoras mask, and goldeneye

These are absolutely essential games imo

Never had a GameCube but I've been curious about a few exclusive titles ... what should I get for it if I grab one

RIP in piss to your old GameCube, alcoholism sux, I know
I was obsessed with this EA Baseball 2005 game. If you like sports, the whole EA series was really sweet for gamecube. I Got so good at the baseball one that I could demolish the computer on the hardest mode so effortlessly.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #115
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
you can actually kinda count me in on that, too.

i mean i still like FPS shooters, because the 3d graphics makes them look better, but i really don't like how a whole bunch of inherently 2D games became 3D. sidescollers, fighting games, mario, etc. it just feels wrong to me.
Yeah man, it just ruined the whole fun factor for me. I'm a huge mario fan, but mario 64? Ehhh never did like it much.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #116
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I have to agree that this seems beyond normal inhibition-dampening. I feel like at some level you had to want to do that before you got drunk for it to happen. I've seen 28if do some crazy shit when he was drunk sleepwalking though.
No man, it's not like that at all. It's just like your drunk as hell and lie down and you're out cold. And then at some point while you're out you gotta urine like hell and your body just gets up and you do it without even being aware.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #117
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Is there even such a thing as a top-loading dryer?

Old 10-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #118
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, anyone who hasn't played the newest DKC games for the Wii and WiiU respectively is really missing out. They really nailed the classic feel, gave it a good overhaul and they are tough as shit, just like you remember the old ones being. None of that pussy Mario "Are you tired? Do you need a break? Here let me guide you through the level" bullshit.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:24 PM   #119
fuzzyroes
Banned

Donkey Kong Country is my favorite series for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

In hindsight, the only thing I'd have liked them to change was maybe make a better soundtrack for it.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:24 PM   #120
fuzzyroes
Banned

It was all just kinda somber and sterile