Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #31
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Just went to buy tickets for QOTSA in October and they've already sold out.

I really hate life sometimes.
Dewd a had a presale code from preordering the album and was logged onto ticketbastard and sought tix the instant they went on sale, and still scored merely decent mezzanine seats. Meanwhile stubhub and other 3rd party sites now appear to have tons of pit tickets available for 3x face value

The fucken bots/scampers are getting out of control, something must be done

Old 06-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #32
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Yeah, it's total bull. I thought Trump was gonna make 'Murica Great Again?

I know I'll just end up buying tix from StubHub in a few days once my feelings have cooled, but it kills me to do it.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #33
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Ugh. I already did it. Fuck me in my balls. I'm going to eat Ramen noodle for the next month. But if I didn't get tickets now, I was going to drive myself crazy.

Better be a good fucking show!

Old 06-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #34
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Qotsa has been amazingly consistent the 5 or so times I've gone, despite the various lineup changes. Did you see the clockwork tour? They were incredible, although the drums in the outdoor arena in which I saw them were a bit overhyped in the mix.

Only thing I'd say is bring earplugs but you probably already knew

Old 06-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #35
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I have actually never seen them. Last time they came here was '99(!)

Old 06-23-2017, 12:44 AM   #36
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Dewd a had a presale code from preordering the album and was logged onto ticketbastard and sought tix the instant they went on sale, and still scored merely decent mezzanine seats. Meanwhile stubhub and other 3rd party sites now appear to have tons of pit tickets available for 3x face value

The fucken bots/scampers are getting out of control, something must be done

eeeyup...truth is though, some of these 360 deals bands sign, take a cut from the marked up tickets.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:48 AM   #37
The Omega Concern
Banned

I saw QOTSA twice open for the Pumpkins during the Arising tour and then once in San Jose about a year later. Third show was when the revolving drummer thing started, the original drummer was the guy from Kyuss and its just too damn bad he didn't stick around.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 AM   #38
run2pee
Minion of Satan

I though Joey C was great, only thing that bugged me was sometimes he'd rush through the last 1/3 of songs

Jon Theodore seems great, if a bit "clinical." He's fully capable of replicating, exactly, the parts and feel from all the recordings. Eager to see if he shows any personality in the context of this new record

Old 06-23-2017, 05:45 AM   #39
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Someone on facebook said the new song sounded like mambo #5 and now that's what i hear everytime i hear the song

Old 06-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #40
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Every time I see your avatar I think of Fuzzrod.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #41
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Someone on facebook said the new song sounded like mambo #5 and now that's what i hear everytime i hear the song
I don't really hear it, but whatev. New song is fun and crazy as shit. I can't wait to hear the rest.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #42
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
I though Joey C was great, only thing that bugged me was sometimes he'd rush through the last 1/3 of songs

Jon Theodore seems great, if a bit "clinical." He's fully capable of replicating, exactly, the parts and feel from all the recordings. Eager to see if he shows any personality in the context of this new record

Yah...you have to give Homme credit for taking the band where he did with the line-up changes. I saw him hug his g/f before he took the stage that one San Jose show. Smallish gig, maybe 150 people or so. The crazy bassist guy was tuning up and I had to let him know he spit fire in my eyes at the Roxy when they opened for SP. he laughed it off.

I did ask Homme's g/f what happened to the other drummer. She just shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's one of those things..." I was like, "that's too bad. love the band though."

Old 06-24-2017, 10:20 PM   #43
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Sleep >>> Kyuss
OM >>> QOTSA

Old 06-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #44
TuralyonW3
Immortal

yup.

Songs for the deaf is better than a coupe OM albums but overall ya