Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

YEAH JULIANA, MONTE IS SMARTER THAN ME BECAUSE I'M SECRETLY JEALOUS OF MIKE BYRNE.

It has nothing at all do with me deep down just not enjoying the current bands studio or live sound anymore.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #32
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Jesus juliana, it's gonna be okay.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #33
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You're flapping your gums, blathering on angrily about how plenty of people didn't enjoy Billy's 8 hour wank session set to an E-recording of Sidhartha. It's as if you're taking it personally and cant understand why people may crack a joke about it after sitting there, listening to it for 8 hours.
You can read my anger?

1) like I said before. The criticizing was about criticizing before it even happened.
2) no one had to sit there 8 hours and listen. In fact, you were expected to leave after two.
3) who gives a fuck what corgan does in his shitty little teashop. Let him have his toys and what not.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #34
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
YEAH JULIANA, MONTE IS SMARTER THAN ME BECAUSE I'M SECRETLY JEALOUS OF MIKE BYRNE.

It has nothing at all do with me deep down just not enjoying the current bands studio or live sound anymore.
You are so mad, cause you think Mike Byrne is not as good as you.
You said so.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #35
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I wonder if Fuzzy sent in a video of himself drumming to corg and got ignored and when Mike was chosen he was so jealous he had to binge drink.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 AM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
You can read my anger?

1) like I said before. The criticizing was about criticizing before it even happened.
2) no one had to sit there 8 hours and listen. In fact, you were expected to leave after two.
3) who gives a fuck what corgan does in his shitty little teashop. Let him have his toys and what not.
1) Journalists are expected to write about events before they happen. It's up to their own discretion whether they think it'll be an event of substance or not. If the journalists did criticize the event before it happened, I'd have to say their instincts were correct. That Sidhartha performance was a dud.

2) How can you be a viewer of a performance and only sit their for a quarter of it and come to a valid conclusion of its merits?

3)The people who who come out to the event obviously. Corgan can have his "toys"... But as long as he's putting on public performances, he's going to have to live with the publics opinion.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, Juliana.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #37
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
You are so mad, cause you think Mike Byrne is not as good as you.
You said so.
Who's mad? Jimmy's often my favorite aspect to a lot of SP songs. He's gone now and that dynamic is totally lost. As a fan of the band, it sucks. But it's only music. Theres plenty of other stuff that I dig and enjoy.

But the topic comes up a lot. I know I "beat a dead horse" with this topic. And I'll shut up about it (lord knows I've went on about it enough). I just had to stress how important I thought Jimmys dynamics were to the band. And I felt the need to bring it up when people like you would be raving about how great the new band was... Cause honestly, I just don't hear it... And this is a SP discussion board afterall

Old 03-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #38
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I wonder if Fuzzy sent in a video of himself drumming to corg and got ignored and when Mike was chosen he was so jealous he had to binge drink.
Nah I didn't even dare apply. Jimmy's shoes are ones I wouldn't wanna attempt to fill.

But looking back in hindsight, if you only had to be as good as Byrne I would have had a shot. I'm guessing you had to be an American to join though.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #39
T&T
Socialphobic

you listened to it for 8 hours?

Old 03-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #40
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
you listened to it for 8 hours?
fuck no! Do you think I'm insane? But If I was actually AT the gig, or reporting on it I'd figure that I'd have have to see it through

Old 03-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #41
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

If you were there you'd be kicked out after 2 hours, dummy roes.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #42
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
If you were there you'd be kicked out after 2 hours, dummy roes.
Not if you kept buying more tea.

Quote:
He is criticizing those who criticized the event before it happened. He thinks people should be more open minded and not shut down weird shit in chicago or drive artists out of the city. He goes on to say it wasn't even that weird.

Honestly, Billy didn't put on some big ass event at the metro. He fiddled on a synth machine in his little teashop outside of chicago and people went bat shit insane. Although it wasn't very good nor thought out, they blasted him prior and then filled up the 30 person room with reporters amd were hoping to shit on him live on twitter.

Just let corgan have his shitty synth fun.
I don't remember seeing any reporters go batshit insane but I do remember a lot of curiosity and bewilderment.

This is exactly why the writer of that piece should consider spending more time writing about more important things. There's no artistic merit to what Billy is doing at his teashop and shouldn't be treated as such. It's just a means for him to get attention for his shop and to sell tea. Asking Chicago critics to encourage and support Billy in everything he does just because he used to live in Chicago is absurd, critics are not cheerleaders.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #43
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
1) Journalists are expected to write about events before they happen. It's up to their own discretion whether they think it'll be an event of substance or not. If the journalists did criticize the event before it happened, I'd have to say their instincts were correct. That Sidhartha performance was a dud.

2) How can you be a viewer of a performance and only sit their for a quarter of it and come to a valid conclusion of its merits?

3)The people who who come out to the event obviously. Corgan can have his "toys"... But as long as he's putting on public performances, he's going to have to live with the publics opinion.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, Juliana.
A) it was just a hate piece there was no value beyond that. Corgan kicked out another tribune writer and the one that wrote the hate piece demanded an apology from corgan. They then went on twitter and had a pitty party.

The tribune writer who wrote that about corgan wanted to speak out about what happened. What he wrote isn't a love letter to corgan, it is more about chicago not shitting on itself.

B) the journalists that wrote stuff about corgan never watched the whole thing. They were kicked out.

C) people are entitled to their opinions. The writer is saying keep an open mind. Honestly, failing is much more important in creative development than success. I actually think corgan succeeded in what he set out to do. Bring interest to his teashop, brand it as an art space, fiddle around with shity box with knobs till he had to go to the bathroom.

What the fuck were you expecting?

Old 03-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #44
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
Not if you kept buying more tea.

I don't remember seeing any reporters go batshit insane but I do remember a lot of curiosity and bewilderment.

This is exactly why the writer of that piece should consider spending more time writing about more important things. There's no artistic merit to what Billy is doing at his teashop and shouldn't be treated as such. It's just a means for him to get attention for his shop and to sell tea. Asking Chicago critics to encourage and support Billy in everything he does just because he used to live in Chicago is absurd, critics are not cheerleaders.
This guy wrote an article that offended billy. His collegue laughed about it on twitter and so he was booted out of the event. The dude was there to live tweet the event while the dude who wrote the article made fun.

Huppke then went on to demand that corgan give the his collegue an apology. Many other reporters joined in on twitter.

Many including HU defended corgan because of the obvious hypocrisy.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ans-siddhartha

Old 03-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #45
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Lots of dudes above. Yawn, I don't care to tell the story properly.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #46
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
A) it was just a hate piece there was no value beyond that. Corgan kicked out another tribune writer and the one that wrote the hate piece demanded an apology from corgan. They then went on twitter and had a pitty party.

The tribune writer who wrote that about corgan wanted to speak out about what happened. What he wrote isn't a love letter to corgan, it is more about chicago not shitting on itself.

B) the journalists that wrote stuff about corgan never watched the whole thing. They were kicked out.

C) people are entitled to their opinions. The writer is saying keep an open mind. Honestly, failing is much more important in creative development than success. I actually think corgan succeeded in what he set out to do. Bring interest to his teashop, brand it as an art space, fiddle around with shity box with knobs till he had to go to the bathroom.

What the fuck were you expecting?
I wasn't expecting anything. Most reporters knew it would be a total mess... Which it was.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue at this point... And frankly, I really don't even care. You seem angry that writers pointed out that Corgans performance was shit... You're argument is "WELL OF COURSE IT WAS GOING TO BE SHIT- SO WHY WRITE ABOUT IT!?" Well, to write about it is their job.

Let's face it, Corgans performance missed the mark. It wasn't even enjoyable in the slightest. So I believe that all of the criticism that he garnered is well deserved.

No ones saying that he shouldn't take chances and explore different territories. But if he's going to perform it publicly he's going to have to be open to criticism.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #47
fuzzyroes
Banned

Look Juliana, I think it's cool that Corgans trying new things and thinking outside the box too. Sure he missed the mark, but it is possible that this could be the beginning of some exciting new things. I'm personally not counting on it but anythings possible.

What I don't understand is why you're so flabbergasted by the write-ups and opinion pieces? They all seem pretty justified if you ask me.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #48
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
This guy wrote an article that offended billy. His collegue laughed about it on twitter and so he was booted out of the event. The dude was there to live tweet the event while the dude who wrote the article made fun.

Huppke then went on to demand that corgan give the his collegue an apology. Many other reporters joined in on twitter.

Many including HU defended corgan because of the obvious hypocrisy.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ans-siddhartha
Huppke's article was unnecessary and poorly written, but I don't think his colleague should have been kicked out on account of him. Live tweeting events is the norm these days and I don't think he had any malicious intent. But the writer of this article isn't really focusing his attention on Huppke. He's complaining about all the reviews and criticism that Billy garnered, which isn't a fair assessment of their critique, or art critique in general in Chicago (which is what the author is really getting at with this piece). This sort of critique about Chicago not supporting their artists has been going on for ages, some of it is valid and some of it is nonsense. The Siddhartha event is not a strong argument for his point, and comparing Corgan to past greats is also a bit premature. Billy doesn't even live in Chicago anymore and he only recently moved back from California, I don't think Chicago critics need be concerned with keeping Billy happy so he doesn't leave them.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #49
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Missed what mark? What mark is this over weight, middle aged tea shop owner supposed to hit? It was an event where he said he would be creating some texture to go along with a book. It wasn't a performance in the rockstar sense. It is a dude playing with a box thing with knobs.

What he did is what I expected.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #50
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
Huppke's article was unnecessary and poorly written, but I don't think his colleague should have been kicked out on account of him. Live tweeting events is the norm these days and I don't think he had any malicious intent. But the writer of this article isn't really focusing his attention on Huppke. He's complaining about all the reviews and criticism that Billy garnered, which isn't a fair assessment of their critique, or art critique in general in Chicago (which is what the author is really getting at with this piece). This sort of critique about Chicago not supporting their artists has been going on for ages, some of it is valid and some of it is nonsense. The Siddhartha event is not a strong argument for his point, and comparing Corgan to past greats is also a bit premature. Billy doesn't even live in Chicago anymore and he only recently moved back from California, I don't think Chicago critics need be concerned with keeping Billy happy so he doesn't leave them.
Ya, I do agree with this. But I think that billy kicking out the tribune writer was a good move. I think he was kicking out the tribune in general and this guy wants to be able to go to corgan events.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #51
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Yes, that's what it reads like to me. It's a blog opinion piece that is trying to get on Corgan's good side so that not all Tribune associates are turned away from future events. I personally don't think it's good for criticism or journalism to be catering to every whim from celebrities and artists, that's the real problem I have with this article, this notion of supporting "weird" for the sake of weird. Billy never had a real problem with the Tribune in the past until that Huppke article, but he does have residual bitchiness towards the Sun-Times and Chicagoist, so I guess another one was just added to the list.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #52
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
What are you flapping your gums about now?
this expression doesn't work on an internet forum

Old 03-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #53
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Lots of dudes above. Yawn, I don't care to tell the story properly.
yeah not all of us are obsessed with bill corgan, but thanks for bein on top o' thangs

Old 03-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #54
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I think that the dude who got kicked out was more in cahoots than with huppke than it seems. His mistake was he tweeted directly to madam z and sp that he would be there tweeting live while huppke tweets Garfield, he also shared the article. A few hours later no cellphones announced and then that dude was kicked out when the event started.

I think artists should be criticized but I think Billy is often shit on no matter what he does. Actually same happened with MCIS but it became popular.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #55
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
yeah not all of us are obsessed with bill corgan, but thanks for bein on top o' thangs
My obsession is proven by the wopping 4 concerts I've been to (including zwan).
Don't own his poetry book
Don't own his tea
Don't own zeitgeist, tafh, tafh reissue mcis reissue, teargarden.
I stopped listening to SP from 2004 to 2011.

Please explain how you are not obsessed?

Old 03-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #56
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

And here is the trots fan club. Ready to attack me.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #57
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Don't forget to throw in a bunch of, you are just like monte stalking him and shit.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #58
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
You're completely clueless Juliana. My advice is to turn off your computer, take a walk outside and get some fresh air.
Yes, you know a ton about me. Thanks for the judgement.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #59
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
You're completely clueless Juliana. My advice is to turn off your computer, take a walk outside and get some fresh air.
Yes, you know a ton about me. Thanks for the judgement.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #60
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Who doesn't?