Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who is Corgan’s biggest bitch?
Monte 24 54.55%
Linda Strawtits 21 47.73%
Manny Chevrolet 4 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2018, 06:07 PM   #121
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Red face

Linda founded her own group on Facebook this year.
For "communication and inspiration".

Get informations about hair and video coloring, vegan recipes and her martial arts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lindastrawberry/


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #122
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Arrow

May I remind of another Facebook group at this occasion?

146 persons share their sympathy for Jeff Schroeder since five years.
One article per year, mostly by some Geo F**kers, seems a little lame...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/16533182134/


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #123
Razor Star
Pledge
 
Posts: 198
Default

Look, i’m no fan of Monte (he once said “I suspect you’re just a casual fan” when I posted an early review of the MCIS box and said that I really loved James’s demo of Lover Lover. In retrospect I think he was just annoyed that I’d got it before he did), but is this really necessay? I don’t get why people have a problem with Linda Stawberry for the main crime of being Billy Corgan’s friend. You might think she’s irrelevant but she doesn’t actually do any harm. And at least she creates stuff- she did a decent job on this tour. And I always found Monte just a bit... sad. Someone to be pitied really. What’s to be gained?

 
Razor Star is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #124
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Default

It actually has to do with Strawberry's role in the feud between Corgan and Wretzky.
She is one of his asskissers.


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #125
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Arrow

Linda's early memories, how she met Corgan and the band:

"well it all started when i was working with the amazing bjorn thorsrud, who was fresh off of recording machina.. the last smashing pumpkins record. he came out to salt lake to record some demo's with me. i was just barely eighteen.
(bjorn is amazing)
i met billy shortly after when the pumpkins did an instore. i made friends with him over the months.. i was at the chateau marmont after he did that interview on kroq where he announced the pumpkins breakup.. he had a piano in his room and that was the first time he helped me on a song.... skip forward to november
i went out for the last pumpkins show at the metro. the night before, when they were rehearsing, billy asked me to sing with him on "to sheila" on a whim. i was terrified, and more excited than i had ever been. it was me, the frogs, and the band. after we rehearsed billy was off to the side signing things and i shyly went up to him and said.. "are you sure you want me to sing on that?" he looked me dead in the eyes and said "i dont like insecure people" .. i never questioned him again.
that night i was terrified. i drank my first bloody mary. i had never been around famous people. i was very shy.. and when i went on stage i was shaking like a leaf.. billy introduced me as linda strawberry from romania.. and i couldnt hear myself in the monitors at all.. i just saw a sea of faces and felt electricity down to my toes. i think i stood too close to billy.. but i was terrified. ha. that was an INCREDIBLE show. it was very emotional. i felt unbelievably lucky to have been there.
fast forward>>>>>
after the pumpkins were over billy decided to come out to experiment in salt lake city where bjorn and i were. so, while he started to try to find a new direction i hung out and watched and learned. bon harris was also there (formerly of nitzer ebb, and who also had worked on the pumpkins record "adore"). so bon and i set up downstairs and started to find a new direction. i also had the direction of billy and bjorn. i just didnt know what i was gonna do. those songs turned out amazing.. but they werent quite right. so i kept on writing.. i wrote a couple of songs with billy, and others he just gave me guidance on. one day when i walked into the studio i saw a paper with the word ZWAN written on it in different fonts. shortly after, matt sweeney and jimmy chamberlain also came out and started to play together on some of billy's new songs. marianne faithfull and francois ravard also came out to finish vocals on the songs billy produced for her last record "kissing time" (<---so good!) my first time playing "with" a band was when billy, matt, jimmy, and i accompanied marianne in a version of "love and money". i was freaking out. i was so excited. i was just a random girl from mormon utah all of the sudden thrown in with these amazing musicians. marianne would tell us stories about her past with the beatles and the rolling stones ect. it was awesome.
that was a very formative month for me. i remember one night in particular when i was driving marianne back to her hotel, when she told me things that changed my life. she basically told me not to be afraid to go completely with my heart, and to have courage about leaving my family and my religeon and my security to chase my dreams...
i also remember one night in particular when we all went to a local club liquid joe's where neil (an assistant at the studio)'s band was playing, royal bliss. billy got up there with matt jimmy and bjorn and did a version of "a whole lotta love" . while i was standing there i made the decision that this was what i wanted to do my whole life.
fast forward>>
when billy decided to go back to chicago he asked me if i would come out for a few weeks and play on some songs for a soundtrack. that ended up being SPUN. it was me, matt, and billy. we just went in learned a song in about an hour and did only a couple of takes and moved on. that was so intense.. and amazing. we did so many songs in such a short period of time. one of them i remember the most was "love to love" a UFO song. billy said he wanted me to sing it and played it a few times. after i did one run through take of it he wouldn't let me do it again.. and that is what they ended up using.
during that time we also did demo's of songs for zwan. it was a major learning experience for me. also, i played on the last bozo the clown show with billy. that was really fun."

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 AM   #126
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster
 
houseofglass11's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,274
Default

So she was in his room at the Chateau Marmont? Most curious indeed

 
houseofglass11 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:57 AM   #127
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
Look, i’m no fan of Monte (he once said “I suspect you’re just a casual fan” when I posted an early review of the MCIS box and said that I really loved James’s demo of Lover Lover.
Oh shit! That was you?!

That was priceless

And the legendary quote was "You sound like a casual fan"

 
fuzzyroes is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:54 AM   #128
Razor Star
Pledge
 
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Oh shit! That was you?!

That was priceless

And the legendary quote was "You sound like a casual fan"
So it was. I was fucking LIVID at the time, like “how dare you, who the fuck sre you?”, I honestly think it was because I’d heard the reissue and he hadn’t and he was trying to establish some authority. And because he’d bought into the Corgan story so much it somehow offended him that I said I thought a James Iha demo was a highlight. Although in retrospect im not sure why I thought that at the time, cos it’s pretty but not all that. Anyways, the encounter put me off SP message boards/engaging with the fsn community for years.

Was that here?

 
Razor Star is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:12 AM   #129
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
So it was. I was fucking LIVID at the time, like “how dare you, who the fuck sre you?”, I honestly think it was because I’d heard the reissue and he hadn’t and he was trying to establish some authority. And because he’d bought into the Corgan story so much it somehow offended him that I said I thought a James Iha demo was a highlight. Although in retrospect im not sure why I thought that at the time, cos it’s pretty but not all that. Anyways, the encounter put me off SP message boards/engaging with the fsn community for years.

Was that here?
I don't think it happened here, but I remember it perfectly

Monte had been given the privilege of listening to the album before everyone else in the community because he had his website at the time. Monte was then releasing the odd little 5 second snippet or "sips of tea" as he called it in order to promote the upcoming release.

Basically, he was living the dream and feeling ecstatic that he was the only one who could provide any insight about the album and you came along and in his mind "stole his thunder" by providing an entire review hahaha.

 
fuzzyroes is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #130
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
Look, i’m no fan of Monte (he once said “I suspect you’re just a casual fan” when I posted an early review of the MCIS box and said that I really loved James’s demo of Lover Lover. In retrospect I think he was just annoyed that I’d got it before he did), but is this really necessay? I don’t get why people have a problem with Linda Stawberry for the main crime of being Billy Corgan’s friend. You might think she’s irrelevant but she doesn’t actually do any harm. And at least she creates stuff- she did a decent job on this tour. And I always found Monte just a bit... sad. Someone to be pitied really. What’s to be gained?
Linda Strawberry can be a douchebag like Billy Corgan. At the peak of the feud between Corgan and Wretzky:

Linda Strawberry's fishy ambition to become the next shenanigan bass player in the Smashing Pumpkins? #bassbitch
A true look on her Instagram posts, telling probably an amazing story...


Step 1: Having the anticipation to have talent to play bass by playing a cheap second hand in a guitar store.




Step 2: Bleaching the hair blonde for a Darcy-lookalike.

Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

The women I know are incredibly talented, fiery attractive, passionate, some of them also badass mothers, creative in so many ways, full of endless patience, and I could go on and on. I feel the breaking of this idea in society that women are either the “whore” or the “mother” (so dumb) that the working woman is not being feminine enough, etc etc. that women must have children to be complete... we are all things and anything we wish to be and that is our creationary power. How else could a woman raise kids, keep a happy marriage, maintain a career and everything else our society requires of us. All of the old ideas are at odds with each other. I’m constantly in awe and proud of us for fighting for a better place in society for our daughters. No more nonsense. More equality #internationalwomensday

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Linda Strawberry (@lindastrawberry) am



Step 3: Getting a new bass (probably not left over by somebody’s tour sponsor).




Step 4: Posting a first noodling, with easy chord progressions of any Pumpkins classic.




Step 5: Pretending to be so intense at learning, to even wake up very early in the morning to practise a fascinating bass line.



Step 6: Wishing your „inspiring and true friend“ a Happy Birthday, telling him btw about your amazing progress on your new beloved instrument.




Step 7: Getting red handed (to a b/w photo) by the stress of intense exercising.

Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an

Stress relief. #redhanded

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Linda Strawberry (@lindastrawberry) am



Certainly to be continued…

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 10-19-2018 at 02:50 PM.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #131
Zer0 Hour
Ownz
 
Zer0 Hour's Avatar
 
Posts: 799
Default

Damn, Linda is THIRRRRSTY for that job.

What makes it more hilarious is that Billy hasn’t given her the job and would rather slum it with Jack Bates than give her a shot, even though SP bass lines are not remotely complicated. Hell, given Linda’s vague resemblance to D’arcy, he could have probably duped a few casual fans who haven’t paid attention to all the drama that she WAS D’arcy (“Whoa dude, that blond bass player chick is still super hot!”).

Yet he STILL denies her. Those posts by Linda are basically that photo of Mitt Romney sucking up to Trump in hopes that he would get that Secretary of State job.

 
Zer0 Hour is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #132
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa
 
pale_princess's Avatar
 
Location: the barrio
Posts: 9,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Twin-Flames:

Linda's son played Billy as a child in the background-video for the song "For Martha"...

This is creepy af. Wow. Wish I could go back to when I didn't know this information.

 
pale_princess is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #133
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Default

Sodom and gonorrhea in the Zwan aera:

Undoubtfully Billy Corgan told, one of his musicians to have had an affair with his producers Bjorn Thorsrud girlfriend during the recordings of the Zwan album.

Undoubtfully Linda and Bjorn were in a relationship before the Zwan-recordings:
“i met her(Linda) and Bjorn a few years ago at the El Rey, though I can't remember if I was there to see Death Cab or Remy Zero.
She was fucking wasted, they were having a 'good time'.“

Undoubtfully Paz and Matt were in a relationship during the recordings:
“Paz and Matt were very much together during the recording of mary and the early tour in april 2002. I remember reading some post by a fan saying that they ran into Paz and Matt at an april 2002 show and they were holding hands. the fan asked if they were going out, and matt said "yes". and during a hideout show they were all kissy kissy.”

Relationship-Rumor:
“It had something to do with Billy wanting Linda but Linda went for Pajo instead and then Paz also wanted Pajo but he refused so there was this 4 way BS going on. SUPPOSEDLY. Could be totally fake. Just something someone told me. Also Billy cheated with Linda so Yelena dumped him. Pre-Zwan I guess. At storytellers billy was all moping about it.”


Could it be, that Pajo had affairs with Linda and Paz? And this was one of the reasons that broke up the band…?

Strange, how Linda Strawberry came out of it, without being accused by Billy Corgan, like the bandmates.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 10-19-2018 at 08:40 PM.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #134
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,946
Default

amazing

plz share more

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #135
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
amazing

plz share more
You're the specialist...

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #136
Razor Star
Pledge
 
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
Damn, Linda is THIRRRRSTY for that job.

What makes it more hilarious is that Billy hasn’t given her the job and would rather slum it with Jack Bates than give her a shot, even though SP bass lines are not remotely complicated. .
I think that's unfair on both Jack Bates, who's a decent musician, and Pumpkin's basslines. They may not be flashy, but the groove and feel of the way D'arcy wrote bass parts was absolutely essential to 88-97 SP (after which you can audibly hear her interest dropping off). I know Billy played a lot of them on record, but the parts and arrangements came from sessions playing as a full band.

Whats more, it's not just about the parts. Bass playing is about feel. Melissa Auf der Maur is technically one of the best players SP had, but she never fitted audibly because her style and feel didn't gel, she plays with more attack, always fractionally ahead. D'arcy settled back into the grove and locked into the drums more. Jack can play with all of that Peter-Hook-attack, but there's not much call for that in SP, he also knows how to settle back and let the drums lead the dance, gluing the beat to the guitars. It's not just about playing the right notes in the right order.

I always thought it was a shame Nicole never got to play with Jimmy because she's a wonderful player, she has better melodic instincts than Ginger or Jack, while also knowing how to stay out of the way of the guitars and sit fractionally behind the beat, which was always Melissa's issue.

Corgan's too much of a perfectionist to have let someone play bass in SP if they didn't have the right feel, I think he learnt his lesson with Melissa who was his friend, looked the part and was on-paper, at least, a perfect fit. If they'd fucked up this tour, then that would probably have been the end of SP.

 
Razor Star is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #137
DaveKShape
Ownz
 
Posts: 864
Default

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BJORN!!!

 
DaveKShape is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #138
s0ss
Demi-God
 
s0ss's Avatar
 
Location: Montreal
Posts: 345
Default

What is Billy's deal with mormons?

 
s0ss is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:02 PM   #139
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Default

Could it be that Bjorn has erased his website for the many false birthday wishes? :
http://www.bjornthorsrud.com/


Bjorn is enjoying his time more now...



...after many hard drum lessons.


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #140
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKShape View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROLYNE!!
YES, Happy Birthday to your 63rd Birthday, Carolyne Mas!


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #141
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Default

Shocks me too, Linda. Please hang out now just with Bon Jovi...


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:05 PM   #142
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,946
Default

MonteLDS


@MonteLDS
Oct 15
More
What is wrong with the @Raiders it is OBVIOUS, their offense line really needs some support.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:11 PM   #143
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Default

They gave Monte space to freak out in the back:



 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:16 PM   #144
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,946
Default

no one want to sit by a mormon.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #145
johncg
Ownz
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ss View Post
What is Billy's deal with mormons?
They are very impressionable.

 
johncg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #146
johncg
Ownz
 
johncg's Avatar
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Linda's early memories, how she met Corgan and the band:

"well it all started when i was working with the amazing bjorn thorsrud, who was fresh off of recording machina.. the last smashing pumpkins record. he came out to salt lake to record some demo's with me. i was just barely eighteen.
(bjorn is amazing)
i met billy shortly after when the pumpkins did an instore. i made friends with him over the months.. i was at the chateau marmont after he did that interview on kroq where he announced the pumpkins breakup.. he had a piano in his room and that was the first time he helped me on a song.... skip forward to november
i went out for the last pumpkins show at the metro. the night before, when they were rehearsing, billy asked me to sing with him on "to sheila" on a whim. i was terrified, and more excited than i had ever been. it was me, the frogs, and the band. after we rehearsed billy was off to the side signing things and i shyly went up to him and said.. "are you sure you want me to sing on that?" he looked me dead in the eyes and said "i dont like insecure people" .. i never questioned him again.
that night i was terrified. i drank my first bloody mary. i had never been around famous people. i was very shy.. and when i went on stage i was shaking like a leaf.. billy introduced me as linda strawberry from romania.. and i couldnt hear myself in the monitors at all.. i just saw a sea of faces and felt electricity down to my toes. i think i stood too close to billy.. but i was terrified. ha. that was an INCREDIBLE show. it was very emotional. i felt unbelievably lucky to have been there.
fast forward>>>>>
after the pumpkins were over billy decided to come out to experiment in salt lake city where bjorn and i were. so, while he started to try to find a new direction i hung out and watched and learned. bon harris was also there (formerly of nitzer ebb, and who also had worked on the pumpkins record "adore"). so bon and i set up downstairs and started to find a new direction. i also had the direction of billy and bjorn. i just didnt know what i was gonna do. those songs turned out amazing.. but they werent quite right. so i kept on writing.. i wrote a couple of songs with billy, and others he just gave me guidance on. one day when i walked into the studio i saw a paper with the word ZWAN written on it in different fonts. shortly after, matt sweeney and jimmy chamberlain also came out and started to play together on some of billy's new songs. marianne faithfull and francois ravard also came out to finish vocals on the songs billy produced for her last record "kissing time" (<---so good!) my first time playing "with" a band was when billy, matt, jimmy, and i accompanied marianne in a version of "love and money". i was freaking out. i was so excited. i was just a random girl from mormon utah all of the sudden thrown in with these amazing musicians. marianne would tell us stories about her past with the beatles and the rolling stones ect. it was awesome.
that was a very formative month for me. i remember one night in particular when i was driving marianne back to her hotel, when she told me things that changed my life. she basically told me not to be afraid to go completely with my heart, and to have courage about leaving my family and my religeon and my security to chase my dreams...
i also remember one night in particular when we all went to a local club liquid joe's where neil (an assistant at the studio)'s band was playing, royal bliss. billy got up there with matt jimmy and bjorn and did a version of "a whole lotta love" . while i was standing there i made the decision that this was what i wanted to do my whole life.
fast forward>>
when billy decided to go back to chicago he asked me if i would come out for a few weeks and play on some songs for a soundtrack. that ended up being SPUN. it was me, matt, and billy. we just went in learned a song in about an hour and did only a couple of takes and moved on. that was so intense.. and amazing. we did so many songs in such a short period of time. one of them i remember the most was "love to love" a UFO song. billy said he wanted me to sing it and played it a few times. after i did one run through take of it he wouldn't let me do it again.. and that is what they ended up using.
during that time we also did demo's of songs for zwan. it was a major learning experience for me. also, i played on the last bozo the clown show with billy. that was really fun."

So basically: “I have boobs”

 
johncg is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:00 PM   #147
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,816
Default

she probably already had the same STD's as billy, so it's an easy side fuck without having to glove up for rando girls.. This is pretty typical for famous industry folks.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:15 AM   #148
brothahi4L
Demi-God
 
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
I think that's unfair on both Jack Bates, who's a decent musician, and Pumpkin's basslines. They may not be flashy, but the groove and feel of the way D'arcy wrote bass parts was absolutely essential to 88-97 SP (after which you can audibly hear her interest dropping off). I know Billy played a lot of them on record, but the parts and arrangements came from sessions playing as a full band.

Whats more, it's not just about the parts. Bass playing is about feel. Melissa Auf der Maur is technically one of the best players SP had, but she never fitted audibly because her style and feel didn't gel, she plays with more attack, always fractionally ahead. D'arcy settled back into the grove and locked into the drums more. Jack can play with all of that Peter-Hook-attack, but there's not much call for that in SP, he also knows how to settle back and let the drums lead the dance, gluing the beat to the guitars. It's not just about playing the right notes in the right order.

I always thought it was a shame Nicole never got to play with Jimmy because she's a wonderful player, she has better melodic instincts than Ginger or Jack, while also knowing how to stay out of the way of the guitars and sit fractionally behind the beat, which was always Melissa's issue.

Corgan's too much of a perfectionist to have let someone play bass in SP if they didn't have the right feel, I think he learnt his lesson with Melissa who was his friend, looked the part and was on-paper, at least, a perfect fit. If they'd fucked up this tour, then that would probably have been the end of SP.

That"s just your opinion man.

 
brothahi4L is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:28 AM   #149
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Default

Also Corgan's opinion in 2012 regarding D'arcy and Melissa. D'arcy forever!

“I don’t want to be in his fucking clown car.”


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #150
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 3,240
Red face


Got finally blocked from Linda Strawdingle on Instagram for posting the comment:

"This house is not for sale without Richie Sambora. #rockisdead"


She's just doing tour visuals for Bon Jovi...




 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ANYONE FIND OUT ABOUT THE INTRO MUSIC? czr Pumpkins Archive 14 01-17-2009 09:54 PM
New Butch Vig Rumor SpeedOfSound Pumpkins Archive 46 01-09-2009 01:17 AM
From the banana LP right, right.... right... Obscured & Blue Pumpkins Archive 24 07-07-2006 12:26 PM
attn: Randall Sandell agenda suicide General Chat Archive 14 04-16-2006 12:33 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014