Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
D.
Consume my pants.

Default I'm kind of afraid to go to sleep.

I've had three lucid nightmares and one regular nightmare in the span of two days.

And this apt no longer feels welcoming. I'm starting to experience things.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:57 PM   #2
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...d2e5a41bc3.jpg

Old 09-26-2018, 11:30 PM   #3
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WGZgFcMbssY/maxresdefault.jpg

Old 09-26-2018, 11:31 PM   #4
D.
Consume my pants.

That's what's crazy! I love horror but this is on a different wave and the two don't have anything to do with the other.

😭😭😭

Old 09-26-2018, 11:39 PM   #5
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Well, as long as you aren't wearing cheetah print pants, you'll always be safe around these parts.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:59 PM   #6
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...zNDI@._V1_.jpg

Old 09-27-2018, 12:46 AM   #7
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Old 09-27-2018, 02:47 AM   #8
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't how scientific this is but eating right before going to bed usually causes nightmares

Old 09-27-2018, 05:07 AM   #9
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftheswine View Post
Cheese Dreams

Old 09-27-2018, 07:16 AM   #10
Shallowed
Braindead

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...55/862/78c.png

Old 09-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #11
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Jeez man, my post was meant to make him laugh, not scare him out of his skin!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #12
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

For me this happens when I’m overwhelmed during the day. So making an effort to resolve my daytime tensions helps me avoid night time ones.

I get it though. Last one I had, my family was crossing a border and I was separated from my children. I finally saw them again and they were in their underwear, getting dressed. I was told I had one minute with them, and I pulled them to my chest and told them I would always love them and that everything was going to be Ok, and then I was pulled away. I was torn between fighting to stay with them and trying to be calm so I didn’t make them feel any more afraid.

I woke up and cried and was a paralysed mess for the whole day. It fucking sucks man. I’m sorry

I’ve had much worse ones in terms of more obvious scary sick shit. But now as a parent, the most frightening thing is losing my children, so that’s where most of my nightmares go. It’s terrifying. Try and work out what is making you feel afraid in the daytime and deal with it. Because the dreams are creating a narrative that makes sense of your underlying emotion. Your brain will just draw from your library of experiences and thoughts that match the feeling of terror, from what I understand, and then create some kind of story from it. Fucking terrible.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #13
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

The worst one I ever had was after I was released from the mental hospital and my brain started to process all the feelings I had about being taken forcefully from my bedroom and involuntarily detained in the psych ward. That was some really not fun shit. I didn’t realise that’s what was happening until I met another bipolar guy who had been forcefully hospitalised and he told me it was pretty common.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:03 AM   #14
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
I don't how scientific this is but eating right before going to bed usually causes nightmares
oh, yeah? hmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
The worst one I ever had was after I was released from the mental hospital and my brain started to process all the feelings I had about being taken forcefully from my bedroom and involuntarily detained in the psych ward. That was some really not fun shit. I didn’t realise that’s what was happening until I met another bipolar guy who had been forcefully hospitalised and he told me it was pretty common.
i feel like a goon being this tensed-up and sleepless... like, there are people who have way more reason to be

Old 09-27-2018, 10:19 AM   #15
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Stupid body systems. I have been having more vivid dreams but they aren't necessarily bad.....but when they are it is SO awful. Sorry, yo. Medications and/or food and/or stress might worsen things....but then again people don't really understand dreams so who knows. I would think being rested would ironically help though, so don't try to stay up for days.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #16
D.
Consume my pants.

I'm not going to nap today and I'll try to take an otc sleep aid so I can sleep tonight. Hopefully that will set me right.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #17
Graveflower
Pledge

I think every.time I sleep ill never wake up its fun

Old 09-27-2018, 07:08 PM   #18
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 09-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #19
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

D., I've been taking some supplements before bed, and I think it's helping me sleep more soundly. I take magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B6. They are all inexpensive. Maybe worth a try. I read about it on some guy's insomnia blog.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #20
run2pee
Minion of Satan

What are the experiences in your unwelcoming feeling apt

R we talken hauntens?

Old 09-28-2018, 01:11 AM   #21
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
I think every.time I sleep ill never wake up its fun
Noooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
What are the experiences in your unwelcoming feeling apt

R we talken hauntens?
I want to be too much of a skeptic for shit like that but there has been some suspect shit in our house back in KC like uneasy feelings shared by both B and I, some lucid shit, etc. It's kind of a long story that i should write down and copy paste to save time.

And in this apt i have started to feel uneasy. Slight dread, feeling watched when my back is turned.
And yesterday the small lamp by B's side of the bed moved (as if it was propped up on a book or something and the book was removed, so the lamp set back down)

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
D., I've been taking some supplements before bed, and I think it's helping me sleep more soundly. I take magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B6. They are all inexpensive. Maybe worth a try. I read about it on some guy's insomnia blog.
I'll look into it! When I'm out of sleep aid I'll take some muscle relaxers which i kno is not good for me to do

Old 09-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #22
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Dang that’s wild about the lamp, sorry to hear about the dread

i’m mad interested in paranormal adventures and would love to read a full account of all of that, if you feel like telling. At the same time i don’t wanna get kicks from something that’s bumming you out, so i understand if you wanna leave it alone

i had some unexplained objects moving in my life before, too, although it wasn’t accompanied by the pervasive dread you describe. But from my experiences i think the unseen worlds got a lot going on we don’t understand

Old 09-28-2018, 02:19 PM   #23
FoolofaTook

Old 09-28-2018, 03:18 PM   #24
Graveflower
Pledge

I'm afraid to go to Sleep
I'm worried the riffs will destroy me and I will get too high from all the marijuana smoke around me

Just a lil good natured humor for everyone
Just something to think about

Old 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #25
FoolofaTook

Red face

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/2d...4149c71791.jpg

Old 10-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #26
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Dang that’s wild about the lamp, sorry to hear about the dread

i’m mad interested in paranormal adventures and would love to read a full account of all of that, if you feel like telling. At the same time i don’t wanna get kicks from something that’s bumming you out, so i understand if you wanna leave it alone
naw, it happened in 2010 so it's no longer as spooky as it was when it happened. i'll try to find the energy to type it up and post it in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
I'm afraid to go to Sleep
I'm worried the riffs will destroy me and I will get too high from all the marijuana smoke around me

Just a lil good natured humor for everyone
Just something to think about
lmaoooo