Old 11-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #3272
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yes i also choose not to have sex

really

Old 11-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #3273
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

One does not simply pork to Bjork.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #3274
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
it wasn't my playlist but Bjork is a way technically gifted vocalist

my brain almost doesn't know how to process it
I think you missed the joke. It wasn't about Björk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
maybe best sex of my life every weekend for like a month now
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
It's not the best because those involved aren't particularly adept at their instruments or any sort of post-punk logic like that, is it?
I'm sorry to inform you that you've been dunked on by the Buzz-Man, son.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #3275
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Next time on MTV's Dunked on by the Buzz-Man

Old 11-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #3276
Elphenor
Braindead

Oh I get it now

Old 11-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #3277
Disco King
Minion of Satan

…aren't you going to answer his question?

Old 11-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #3278
Shallowed
Braindead

I'm sure I saw a thread ages and ages ago about fetishes, and someone, I can't remember who, said that their fantasy was for Bjork to tie them to a chair and scream at them.

That one post has stayed in my memory this whole time.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:08 PM   #3279
Elphenor
Braindead

she is extremely sexy for sure

Old 11-20-2018, 11:29 PM   #3280
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 11-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #3281
myosis
Minion of Satan

is there an age where you stop having sex to music in the background? i can't remember the last time i did...

Old 11-21-2018, 07:58 PM   #3282
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
is there an age where you stop having sex to music in the background? i can't remember the last time i did...
I suppose when you stop having sex? Is that the point you've reached? If so, all apologies.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:13 PM   #3283
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

In my experience after a few months of being in a relationship music doesn’t really add anything so people don’t bother with it any more.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #3284
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
In my experience after a few months of being in a relationship music doesn’t really add anything so people don’t bother with it any more.
I dunno about that. I've been in a steady relationship for 3.5 years now and we still like to put on some jams when we... jam.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #3285
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So, there's that girl who asked me out at that Halloween dance thing. We went on a date at this coffee place that shows movies on Thursdays. It went well. Ran into my friends at the place. Afterward, I tagged along as she went to grab a drink with her friend.

She used to be my mother's co-worker. My mother mentioned that they ran into each other, and the girl mentioned going on a date with me. She said the girl said we had a lot in common, and that I also had a lot in common with her friend. My mother suggested that it sounded as though the girl were worried that I was more into her friend than her. If that was indeed her fear, she had nothing to worry about. Her friend was great, but I wasn't into her. I was just being good company by not leaving anyone out of the conversation.

That somebody might have actually been into me enough to even have this worry was a little bit reassuring, so I think I allowed myself to have a flicker of hope.

I asked her on another date, but she didn't respond. I ran into her at work, while she was doing. I said hello, and she said something about being bad at texting, and how I should text her again with a date idea. I didn't understand why I should have to text her again with a date idea when I had already done that. She could just respond to the one I already sent. It's not like text messages expire. But I just said "sure," and texted her again a couple of days later.

I just got a text from the girl yesterday informing me that she doesn't feel like dating right now because she is busy with life, having just moved back into town, and wants to get some things together. Says she's overwhelmed by trying to get a job, move out, and wants to figure things out first.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:56 PM   #3286
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

sry dk

Old 11-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #3287
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Then, there's the other girl with whom I've recently gone out. The friend of a friend I met at a Halloween party. She's pretty busy, so it was a while before we could actually schedule a date. Over that time, she Snapchatted me a lot, and I actually wasn't sure how to go about that, because I don't like talking a lot over text or social media, and it eventually just feels like you're responding just to respond. But I also didn't want her to think I wasn't interested.

We finally go out, and we check out this pinball bar. Im late, and it turns out her cousin and his friends happened to be there, so I meet them.

The date seems to go really well. I suggest that she be the left flipper and I be the right for a pinball game, and though I'm usually too meek to make a move, I put my arm around her waist, and she reciprocates by putting her arm around my shoulder. This is normal fucking shit for most people, but an achievement for me. We can't all have great sex every weekend to Björk.

The kiss is awkward, because I still suck at that. I think I parted my lips too early (not even a year ago, I didn't even know you're supposed to part lips; I thought you just press your lips on the other person's)? We kissed again shortly after, but that was also uncoordinated, because she went for a peck and I went for a fuller kiss.

I messaged her again a couple of days later. No response yet. I'm fully expecting the "I didn't feel the spark/I'm actually not in a place to date/I'm married to the sea" message any day now. That's what delayed message tends to signify, in my experience. Especially from a person who was previously messaging me so much, I actually felt bad about not messaging her as often or quickly.

I'll still send her another date request and maybe a meme just in case, but my hopes aren't up. Experience has taught me that I'm not a very desirable person.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:28 PM   #3288
Shallowed
Braindead

Last edited by Shallowed : 05-10-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #3289
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I dunno about that. I've been in a steady relationship for 3.5 years now and we still like to put on some jams when we... jam.
do you live with each other? I wonder if it's that. For me I suppose the music helped create connection, because it stopped me from being distracted by my environment (worrying that housemates would overhear us or something)... or if we hadn't seen each other for a few days, sometimes it helped with reconnecting.

But sex always became a lot more spontaneous and opportunistic, once I was living with someone. You go to sleep next to this person every night, and some nights you have sex before you go to sleep and some nights you don't. Some nights you hug goodnight and it turns into something else, and some nights you really are just saying goodnight. At that point the spontaneity and responsiveness becomes sexy to me...putting music on is a sort of contrivance and makes me feel awkward, like we're trying to create something or will something to happen. Sex isn't so much of an event anymore, that it needs a soundtrack. It's about connection with my LIFE PARTNER

terms like life partner make me gag a little. Life partner...and LOVER

Old 11-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #3290
vixnix
Socialphobic

Last edited by vixnix : 11-25-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #3291
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Shit, for me it’s either kind of blue or Loveless for lovedoings

Can’t keep a bone if someone’s lyrically warbling their dumb personal feelings at me

Old 11-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #3292
run2pee
Minion of Satan

EXCEPT GETTIN SOME KILLER BONERRS LATELY OFF THIS HOT MODERN ROCK TRACK BURN DOWN THE SUN HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THIS WICKED SIZZLER FROM HOT YOUNG HEAVY METAL ROCKERS THE SMASHEN PUNKENS

Old 11-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #3293
ilikeplanets
Braindead

del. i'm being mean, i guess

Old 11-21-2018, 11:36 PM   #3294
vixnix
Socialphobic

I was gonna say...that's a massive turnaround from the group sex posts of yesteryear lol

But becoming parent does sometimes make wild people ultra conservative. I'm another example of that.

you are in bad company, don't worry

Old 11-21-2018, 11:37 PM   #3295
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I wonder if rich people have sex to live music. Like, book a band to play their bedroom. Or, book Madison Square Garden all to themselves, hire a band, and just screw in front of them.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:40 PM   #3296
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I was gonna say...that's a massive turnaround from the group sex posts of yesteryear lol

But becoming parent does sometimes make wild people ultra conservative. I'm another example of that.

you are in bad company, don't worry
i don't feel ultra conservative. i just feel more mature with my approach to things. i'm still into the same things, just don't feel like i need to scream about them to feel completed

Old 11-21-2018, 11:45 PM   #3297
Disco King
Minion of Satan

SSSEEEEXXX

I am completed now

Old 11-21-2018, 11:46 PM   #3298
ilikeplanets
Braindead

and the part about me being more into women recently wasn't worth deleting. it's still my current reality whether or not people behave like teenagers on the internet. i want a different kind of company than my past few fiascoes, and what i see from male sexuality in general isn't appealing to me right now. that could quickly change, though. being bi is fun <3

Old 11-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #3299
Disco King
Minion of Satan

40% complete

Old 11-21-2018, 11:50 PM   #3300
vixnix
Socialphobic

I guess having sex with someone other than my husband is so far in my past now, sometimes I talk about it just to remind myself that it happened

it feels like it must have all been a dream, in a way

i've been in a monogamous heterosexual relationship with the father of my kids for that last 14 years, so even if I don't feel conservative, I mean....my behaviour means that I am conservative, sexually.