Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Default So... Anyone taping the upcoming SP shows?

I remember when Zwan started playing their first shows, this board was sooo well organized by all of the tapers i.e., everyone knew which shows were being taped and tried to keep all of the bases covered. I mean, I remember shows leaking sometimes just a day later during the Zwan era. It just seemed very well organized back then (thank you, tapers).

So anyway, are any of you overseas tapers gearing up to tape any of these upcoming shows or what? I'm sure all of the big festival shows will be covered but, what about the first show in Paris? Is anyone on that? I'm going to the Baltimore show but, I'm no taper. A large show like that is almost sure to be covered though. Especially considering the large amount of American tapers out there.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Skradgee
Boardcaster

I will tape every show that I attend. So far, that's looking like Montreal, Toronto, and maybe Baltimore.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Oh shit, and Live Earth in NJ but I can't really tape that one since I'll be working security.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee
Oh shit, and Live Earth in NJ but I can't really tape that one since I'll be working security.
hehe... maybe you can get an in with the sound guy and get a patch to the soundboard If you do tape Baltimore, hook me up man!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Sebastian
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee
You could sneak other tapers' gear in, though

Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
Punkishlyevil
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by seign
I remember when Zwan started playing their first shows, this board was sooo well organized by all of the tapers i.e., everyone knew which shows were being taped and tried to keep all of the bases covered. I mean, I remember shows leaking sometimes just a day later during the Zwan era. It just seemed very well organized back then (thank you, tapers).

So anyway, are any of you overseas tapers gearing up to tape any of these upcoming shows or what? I'm sure all of the big festival shows will be covered but, what about the first show in Paris? Is anyone on that? I'm going to the Baltimore show but, I'm no taper. A large show like that is almost sure to be covered though. Especially considering the large amount of American tapers out there.
You should start taping.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
Screwjack
Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkishlyevil
You should start taping.
You sure as hell have been. I'm going to have to buy a new external HD just to get all the SP boots you have....christ!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:

posts like this are so great. 'Look at me guys, I do shit, but you better listen to me when I am saying what all of you should do'

Last edited by RopeyLopey : 04-26-2007 at 07:47 PM.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
I'm sure all of the big festival shows will be covered
why is that?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
pete
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm in Paris buy have no fuckin clue about taping. i would if i could though.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RopeyLopey
posts like this are so great. 'Look at me guys, I do shit, but you better listen to me when I am saying what all of you should do'
When did I tell people what they should do? I was just asking if anyone knew what the taping situation was looking like these days. Calm down fella. And I fixed your grammar error. I do shit for the community, not a shit.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #12
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkishlyevil
You should start taping.
I wish I could. The gear is so expensive though and I don't go to enough shows these days to warrant the cost.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
Corganist
Minion of Satan

I halfway wonder if the band is not gonna be kinda vigilant about stopping tapers if they can, especially early on. With how guarded they've been with info thus far, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't want everyone's first experience with the Zeitgeist material to be in the form of concert recordings.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #14
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist
I halfway wonder if the band is not gonna be kinda vigilant about stopping tapers if they can, especially early on. With how guarded they've been with info thus far, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't want everyone's first experience with the Zeitgeist material to be in the form of concert recordings.
Yeah, and Billy is known to be prissy about what shows he doesn't want leaked. Like I said earlier though, I'm sure the festival shows will get taped because of the number of people going to these shows and even just because of the number of tapers that are going to be out just to tape other bands. I'm betting that security will probably be tight and not very taper-friendly for the Paris show though.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #15
Brute Squad
oh for fuck's sake

If I still had taping gear, I would totally send my gear out to Frenchy again.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #16
Ranger Frank
National Park Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong
If I still had taping gear, I would totally send my gear out to Frenchy again.
you sold all your taping gear?

Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #17
Brute Squad
oh for fuck's sake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Frank
you sold all your taping gear?
Yeah. I was between jobs in early 2005 and had to make rent. I sold my guitar and amp to pay some bills too

Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
Ranger Frank
National Park Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong
Yeah. I was between jobs in early 2005 and had to make rent. I sold my guitar and amp to pay some bills too
ouch. i still have all of my gear, but i haven't taped a show in a long time. i don't even know if i can make it to a show this year.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #19
RopeyLopey
Braindead

Thumbs up

Quote:
When did I tell people what they should do? I was just asking if anyone knew what the taping situation was looking like these days. Calm down fella. And I fixed your grammar error. I do shit for the community, not a shit.
thanks, I appreciate that. I am glad the thread was useful at least for something.