Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #241
PlayingTheAngel
Demi-God

the album is nothing special, kinda sucks that you wait 4 years and you get a 10 song download of tracks I heard live 2 years ago.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #242
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boseph
You're missing my point. Neither would I.

It's just a very silly thing to criticize In Rainbows as sounding like a Thom Yorke solo album (as some were doing) when it sounds much more collaborative and mutual than Kid A.
it's not the songs, arrangements or the feel... it's the actual sound of the album. the guitars, vocals, beats, drums (minus the glorious reckoner). they sound like the eraser. and that's a bad thing. the only track that's got that earthy radiohead sound is reckoner. some of the others approach it but i mean i dunno. amnesiac sounds so good. as does kid a. this is duller in terms of the actual sounds presented.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #243
Boseph
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
it's not the songs, arrangements or the feel... it's the actual sound of the album. the guitars, vocals, beats, drums (minus the glorious reckoner). they sound like the eraser. and that's a bad thing. the only track that's got that earthy radiohead sound is reckoner. some of the others approach it but i mean i dunno. amnesiac sounds so good. as does kid a. this is duller in terms of the actual sounds presented.
So you're just talking about the production? I don't know...The Eraser sounded really thin and cold to me. In Rainbows sounds full and rich. There's a lot of very subtle stuff going on in there.

HTTT, now that was an album with some production issues. This album has a lot more life, to my ears.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:37 PM   #244
Shapan
Socialphobic

WISH AWAY THE NIGHTMARE AKHSDIFHSDIFSDHFSD

Old 10-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #245
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
the guitars, vocals, beats, drums (minus the glorious reckoner). they sound like the eraser.
could you please, and i mean this kindly, back up this statement with some evidence? i just can't see it and would like to see where this opinion is coming from.. and i want something a bit more solid than ''it just feels that way.'' why does it feel that way?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #246
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAspFan
who knows guys, this might be their acoustic album????

afterall we all hated adore when it first came out, but now its one of SP's best
i didn't hate adore when it came out, i quite loved it actually. I'm enjoying this album as well, it's rather lovely. reading over this thread, I'm reminded, you guys are some critical motherfuckers, aren't you? I'm actually liking this a little better than zeitgeist, but don't tell bill i said that. he's sensitive.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #247
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

paranoid... it's impossible to do online. i dont know.

it's all about feel man.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #248
Shapan
Socialphobic

billy probably likes in rainbows more too

Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #249
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

ha. ir is so far beyond zeitgeist. if post adore billy had half the soul of reckoner he'd still be on top of the world, what with his talent and all.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #250
Lorenzo
Demi-God

In Rainbows after a couple of listems really stands up as well. I like it alot and will only continue to enjoy more with each listen. That being said I love Reckoner despite the U2ishness. I know that is going to ruin it for some of you.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #251
Boseph
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo
That being said I love Reckoner despite the U2ishness. I know that is going to ruin it for some of you.
That would most certainly ruin it for me if it were the slightest bit true.

Fortunately, it is not.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #252
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

yeah man. there aint no u2 in that joint.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #253
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
paranoid... it's impossible to do online. i dont know.

it's all about feel man.
well then i'm having a hard time considering this criticism seriously.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #254
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

house of cards is too phil collins, elton john and disney.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #255
Lorenzo
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boseph
That would most certainly ruin it for me if it were the slightest bit true.

Fortunately, it is not.
Well for me it's pretty much sung as if it were Bono. I hear a close similarity.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #256
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid
well then i'm having a hard time considering this criticism seriously.
then im having a hard time respecting yo momma. :\

Old 10-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #257
Shapan
Socialphobic

its a laid back record.

the main thing i miss are some of jonny's frantic solos, but it would feel a bit out of place. they did a good job, this stands pretty well against this year's batch of music, and it's been a very good year.

i still think they couldve done more with videotape and that house of cards is pretty boring. but there are quite a few gems here.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #258
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
then im having a hard time respecting yo momma. :\

Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #259
skipgo
Minion of Satan

seriously, i feel guilty about liking this better than teh z. you know, being the loyal sp fan and all. oh well. it is what it is i suppose. I'm still holding onto my faith in the NEXT sp record, because ...well i just have to. (i do really like z, but ir is quite a lot better so far...and i'm still only on my first listen; something tells me i'll end up liking it even more with time)

Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #260
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

i like 15 step now. even though the kid sample is really stupid.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #261
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
its a laid back record.

the main thing i miss are some of jonny's frantic solos
once you start to appreciate everything else he is capable of doing, you start to care less about whether or not his guitar playing makes an appearance or not.

i don't mean that in a condesending way.. but i used to be pretty attached to his guitar playing.. but then i looked further into all of the other things he involves himself in and is capable of and was all like woah.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #262
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

i know! i wish in rainbows had production similar to visitations by clinic (as it is radiohead is showing a huge clinic influence on this album fuck all that sigur ros shit on MT). visitations was a great record but nobody cares about clinic. fucking indie loving retards sucking mirahs dick.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #263
ameyer
Pledge

It's great, except for the "drumming" in Videotape. I mean, what the hell?
Although I thought Zeitgeist was pretty good on first listen...

Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #264
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo
seriously, i feel guilty about liking this better than teh z. you know, being the loyal sp fan and all. oh well. it is what it is i suppose. I'm still holding onto my faith in the NEXT sp record, because ...well i just have to. (i do really like z, but ir is quite a lot better so far...and i'm still only on my first listen; something tells me i'll end up liking it even more with time)
(disclaimer: I'm not bitching at you personally)

why is that the pumpkins fans come over here and start comparing this record to the other pumpkins works? like davin with the whole machina II bullshit? c'mon. this record is light years ahead of anything BC has done in the past 10 years. accept it. radiohead and sp are in two different leagues, this shouldn't even be discussed.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #265
paranoid
Minion of Satan

hrm i saw that sigur ros talk and couldn't see the connection there either. if anything the production reminded me a lot of 1970's style production (strings, dry crisp drums) can't pin point exact records though.

obvious beatles, but that always goes without saying.

i think 15 step is the weakest track on the record. doesnt FIT. needs either down is the new up or 4 min warning in its place. the kids shouting is really pointless and annoying.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #266
skipgo
Minion of Satan

i can only think of two albums i ever fell in love with on first listen, that would be siamese dream and ok computer. In rainbows has now joined that list. I can understand why some of you are missing jonny's signature sound here, but i really love the mellow feel of it. Then again, Sea Change is my favorite beck album, so I guess it's safe to say that mellow stuff really works well for me. (not that i don't enjoy being crushed into dust here and there, i certainly do)

Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 AM   #267
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
(disclaimer: I'm not bitching at you personally)

why is that the pumpkins fans come over here and start comparing this record to the other pumpkins works? like davin with the whole machina II bullshit? c'mon. this record is light years ahead of anything BC has done in the past 10 years. accept it. radiohead and sp are in two different leagues, this shouldn't even be discussed.
oh i agree with you, they are definitely very different and can't really be compared. I think my words are more about being sad that i like an album by another band better than the new sp album. first time that's ever happened that i can recall.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 AM   #268
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
once you start to appreciate everything else he is capable of doing, you start to care less about whether or not his guitar playing makes an appearance or not.

i don't mean that in a condesending way.. but i used to be pretty attached to his guitar playing.. but then i looked further into all of the other things he involves himself in and is capable of and was all like woah.
i know jonny is a brilliant multi-instrumentalist, i quite enjoy bodysong and im looking forward to hearing there will be blood, but there's nothing wrong missing his signature guitarwork. it's a radiohead staple, his style of lead is one of the most notable things about the band. but yeah i already mentioned that it might not work with the flow of the record so i understand it.

oh and internal wrangler is a fucking great record. clinic toured with radiohead, would've loved to see that.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:09 AM   #269
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

i think ditching 15 and hoc and replacing them with anything... banjo solos who cares would make the album a classic.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #270
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
oh and internal wrangler is a fucking great record. clinic toured with radiohead, would've loved to see that.

yeah i know... my clinic/radiohead concert got rained the fuck out. angry. but have you heard visitations? it just came this year and it's fucking amazing.