Pledge

Thumbs down Dear Netphoria...you are TERRIBLE

Just kidding.

Last edited by solaraflame : 07-30-2018 at 10:43 AM. Reason: peace makin'

Old 07-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #2
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

a lot of netphoria like his last record and this tour.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:22 PM   #3
ButtHash
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaraflame View Post
I'd take the worst of Billy then the lot of you.
Ok, but why does he get to go first?!

Old 07-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
solaraflame
Pledge

Last edited by solaraflame : 07-30-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
solaraflame
Pledge

Old 07-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #6
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy has threatened physical violence against a transgendered person. Way to set the bar high, buttmunch

Old 07-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
anderton
Amish Rake Fighter

hi billy

Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #8
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Ok Linda

Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #9
jparker800
Pledge

Quote:
...as none of you are fans at heart.
fan: short for fa·nat·ic \ fə-ˈna-tik \ a person exhibiting excessive enthusiasm and intense uncritical devotion

I love the pumpkins music, past and a good bit of the present, but I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic. If you're asking for people to completely turn a critical eye away from everything the pumpkins release, I think you should lower your expectations. I think this is what Billy expects most of the time, and what he's referring to when he says people aren't "true fans".

Aside from that, yes there is an excessive amount personal attacks within these walls that have nothing to do with the band or the music.

Why do I come here then, as opposed to sticking with the more positive reddit or facebook pages? I guess because most people here seem to have higher standards for music, and the actual conversations about the band and music tend to have more depth to them. Plus I'd rather disagree with someone and have a discussion about it, than be in a room full of fans saying "everything is wonderful!"

There you go. My 2 cents.

Last edited by jparker800 : 07-19-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

There are way too many posters these days.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #11
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

There are things I disagree with that are posted on here, and things I disagree with that are posted on Sad Machines/The Smashing Pumpkins Billy fan group on Facebook/The Smashing Pumpkins Reddit. There's also things I agree with posted on Netphoria and those places. I don't agree with any personal attacks on Billy and D'arcy. My criticism of Billy especially this year has been solely based on business negotiations/decisions.

One thing I give Netphoria credit for is that I am not censored on here. A post like the one you made wouldn't be allowed on other boards. I am not allowed to post on Smashing Pumpkins fan groups on Facebook. Regarding the Shiny and Oh So Bright tour, I've seen a lot of differing opinions on here since it started.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #12
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 07-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
coolstorybro
Pledge

Quote:
Dear Netphoria, you are a terrible site. Some of the posts here and comments have been so hideous and on the darkest side of internet humanity that it feels like some icky basement in a 4-chan orgy.
You keyboard warriors forget that Billy is a fellow human. I'd take the worst of Billy then the lot of you. Some of your remarks have been cruel and border on a passive aggressive or overt sociopatic streak.
Some of the putrid hate you have is downright scary. The human heart can be a wicked place and some of you are proof.
Billy made some of the greatest records of all time. None of you have.
Billy has ventured into many things. Have some of you ventured out of your own thick skin?
The SP camp does have gracious and cool people...but Netphoria is poison. Reading some of the bile here...it completely and resolutely makes me wonder why any of you linger under this spectral umbrella of the Pumpkins, as none of you are fans at heart.
You may hate or loathe what Billy creates now, but a genuine fan of the band would never spill such hate and malice, like many of you.
The true fans are those who recognize how to cherish the past while accepting the future and present, even if it isn't a standard many of us would agree upon.
It's doubtful this post will make a difference. To me though, it does.
You hateful posters make me embarrassed to know that we've listened to the same records. Apparently, the great messages and vulnerability of Billy's early music has had no effect. You are like gremlins, no longer pure.
In closing, your forums are terrible and worthless. Netphoria is pointless and those who post here know that other refuges for genuine fans exist via Facebook.
Farewell and good night.
Relax dude. People are just having fun.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #14
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Jesus christ Linda or Clay, some of us are still into this tour despite the cowardly leaking of the D'arcy photo. Would you please ask BC if audio recording is still OK? Thank you.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #15
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Ha you shoulda seen the board 10-15 years ago

But yeah like reprise said, plenty of people here, including old timers like me, dig the current tour

Old 07-19-2018, 09:00 PM   #16
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

But Monuments To An Elegy does suck, sorry to make you cry.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #17
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Not really. The hatred for Monuments is so over the top and the mockery of the new tour is just as bad.
I visited this site over the whole D'arcy stuff and was pleased that many still showed support for her. Then...there was just so much hate and mocking that it was like...this is a site? It was like a hate rally. Seriously.
People mocking family, age or weight. SO not cool.
Then a sewer glut of hate about Madame ZuZu's, etc. ad nauseam.
I would NEVER actually create an account to post unless I thought that so much of the posters here and content was essentially a WPC hate thread. Which it is.
There are a few cool posters here and fans...but they get drowned out by the cacophony of why SP fans present avoid the toxicity of this place.
monuments is really that terrible, i was speaking about ogilala which is good.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:35 PM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

lots of posters her have been fans for 20+ years and watched billy turn from a hero into someone they don't like. it's a weird place to be in, being so intimately involved with a person's art and yet disliking them at the same time.

we are allowed to have our feelings about the man. i agree making fun of how he looks isn't nice. and going after his family personally is not ok, but just talking about how his baby mama could easily be his daughter is just stating facts. it IS creepy.

man we haven't had a real anti-netphoria crusader in a while around here

Old 07-19-2018, 09:36 PM   #19
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Monuments is a fucking abomination

Old 07-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #20
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

I like Being Beige, Run2Me, and Tiberius. Drum + Fife and One and All are decent. I don't like the rest of the record. I think I'm the only person on Netphoria who likes Run2Me.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i like run2me, kinda. compared to the rest of the record, sure. but i'm a death from above fan girl and everyone hates that song too. same with pomp and circumstances

drum and fife is the only good monuments song imo

Old 07-19-2018, 09:46 PM   #22
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Farewell and good night.
Wait an second

so I didn't actually read your post at all but why would you say this and then keep posting?

Old 07-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #23
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Just to add nuance, I hate Run2Me but adore Death from Above.

I have to say, despite some nitpicks, the Houston and Dallas shows were great!

Old 07-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #24
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
lots of posters her have been fans for 20+ years and watched billy turn from a hero into someone they don't like. it's a weird place to be in, being so intimately involved with a person's art and yet disliking them at the same time.

we are allowed to have our feelings about the man. i agree making fun of how he looks isn't nice. and going after his family personally is not ok, but just talking about how his baby mama could easily be his daughter is just stating facts. it IS creepy.

man we haven't had a real anti-netphoria crusader in a while around here
This, so much this. I have been a fan since the early 90s and while there are plenty of other bands that I’m really into, no band strikes a chord (no pun intended) in me the way that the Pumpkins do. But given the type of person Billy has become, it’s difficult to remain a fan. I still love the old music and even some of the newer stuff. But some of his actions - hanging out with Alex Jones, defending Trump, shitting on his former band mates, trashing fans for not digging his new stuff - has made it really hard to root for the guy. I almost didn’t buy a ticket for the “Shiny” tour, but I’ve never seen the band play with James so I figured I owed that to myself to see most of the lineup perform together. But it’s tough to tell anyone that I’m an SP fan without first giving a “Billy Corgan is a total asshole, but...” disclaimer beforehand.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #25
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

I actually have a lot of the same bizarre hobbies Billy does.

The thing that Billy did that pissed me off the most and made me not see him live for a few years was when he fired Jimmy in 2009.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:07 PM   #26
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

He fired Jimmy in 2009? I thought Jimmy left voluntarily because his heart wasn’t in it?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #27
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I thought the implication was that Jimmy left because he didn't like what Billy was doing with the band, not because his heart actually wasn't in playing with SP anymore

Old 07-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #28
coolstorybro
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
He fired Jimmy in 2009? I thought Jimmy left voluntarily because his heart wasn’t in it?
Wasn't there an interview where Corgan said he fired him and Jimbo was full of shit?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #29
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...eature-233690/

When Chamberlin and Corgan hit the road on a so-called 20th-anniversary tour in late 2008, fans started asking the same question. Dressed in long, shiny robes, Corgan played sets that were nearly four hours long, padded by a 25-minute cover of Pink Floyd’s “Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun,” spiced with electronic bird calls. Fans walked out as Corgan berated them from the stage. “It was like burning a bridge, and I’m really good at burning bridges,” Corgan says, smiling. “It was crazy — violent like I haven’t seen in a long time. The dialogues with fans, they got contentious.”

Afterward, Corgan fired Chamberlin — though the drummer halfheartedly suggests that he might have quit. Until he had his first child seven years ago, Chamberlin was a heroin addict — Corgan first fired him in 1996 after touring keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin died while partying with him on tour one night. Chamberlin is sober now, but Corgan is convinced that his character hasn’t changed, that he is fundamentally “unhealthy.” “Jimmy is a destructive human being, and people who are destructive break things,” Corgan says. “I don’t see me reaching the highest levels of my creativity if I’m unhealthy and if I have unhealthy people around me. Every time Jimmy didn’t show up for a week in the studio, I made it about me. Any time James Iha was off in a corner somewhere not paying any fucking attention, I made it about me.” After Corgan told Chamberlin he was out, the drummer “unloaded” on Corgan, unleashing 20 years worth of pent-up insults. “So I was like, ‘Fuck you,’ ” Corgan recalls. “ ’Go ride around in a white van for the rest of your life.’ ”

Old 07-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #30
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Just to add nuance, I hate Run2Me but adore Death from Above.
I just realised that Death from Above's lyrics are actually pretty good.