Old 04-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #32
brutechinasky
Demi-God

pablo honey is their best
they haven't released a decent album since amnesiac

Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #33
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

i was informed that it wasn't as good as most their other records so i just took over that opinion

Old 04-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #34
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
probably safe to say that my favourite radiohead song since "everything in its right place" is "the daily mail", though, but that's not on any of the albums

Yeah the daily mail is easily one of my favorite songs ever made by them. Also the last song they've released. It's been too long.

Last edited by Banana : 04-06-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #35
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
separator was my favorite but that album was easily forgotten

banana you didn't listen to kid a or okay comptor hard enough

Oh I have, but Kid A and OK Computer don't have anywhere near close to the amount of layers and thickness of the texture that are present on tKoL. There's definitely a present at points full texture on those albums but not at all like the texture with everything going on at once almost seemingly incoherently at face value and then coming together and culminating perfectly like it does on tKoL. tKoL is just in an entirely different league of it's own in that regard. That's ok though and doesn't take anything away from those two albums because what they were going for on Kid A and OK Computer isn't the same thing that they were going for on tKoL.

Idioteque is probably the closest thing from those two albums that would be able to fit on tKoL but even then I feel like it would be a bit out of place since tKoL is most definitely a clear conscious journey/path from the start to the end of the album and each song is clearly structured the way it is to fit that journey and the gradual change of course that the album takes you on.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #36
Banana
Banned

tKoL is definitely going to be one of those albums that people appreciate far more many years after it's been released when they are able to separate themselves from the hype and expectations they had for a new Radiohead album and actually listen to tKoL without any preset bias and take it in for all that it's worth. Once you're able to really listen and appreciate everything that is going on with that album you are able see what an amazing work of art it is.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #37
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
I wouldn't say that.

And those people are just misinformed.
How can someone be misinformed about their own opinion?

Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #38
slunken
Virgo

when i heard in rainbows and then tkol the band finally seemed like a complete caricature of itself. glitchy yet slightly dancy rhythms? check. whining/moaning/on the verge of crying vocals? check. walking guitar and bass parts? check.

i fell out of this band around hail to the thief so take that for what it's worth.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #39
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
How can someone be misinformed about their own opinion?
Banana basically idolizes Kanye West

Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 AM   #40
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i like kanye

Old 04-07-2014, 03:39 AM   #41
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
There's so much going on. All these little parts thrown together that on the top just sounds like chaos. As if it's just repeating noise for the sake of it. But it's all there for a reason and it all works separately on it's own yet it's all weaved together perfectly.

You can listen to that song repeatedly and each time just choosing one of the layers to listen to. And that layer alone is it's own brilliant song and it almost seems like they are doing their own part with no connection to any other. Then you listen again but focus on just another layer. All their own brilliant songs. But they are all so weaved together perfectly and blend so well and react perfectly to the corresponding layers. It's fucking beautiful like a classic painting.

I don't smoke anymore but if you smoke and listen to this at night in the dark with headphones on and really focus in on all the different parts you can see the whole picture of theses songs and see the mastery of it all.

Yeah, you get it to a small extent on other records of theirs and Thom Yorke especially with his other music projects and other musicians. But nothing close to the mastery and perfection of tKoL.

It's almost a journey of sorts because the album starts with the most complex and full tracks with Bloom and Mr. Morning Magpie but very slowly yet gradually drifts into a more calmed and less clustered creation. Almost more organic of earth while the beginning of the album is more chaotic like the surrounding universe. It truly is an album that needs to be listened to in it's entirety to really appreciate it. That's why it was so short. Because it needs to be listened to in full, not just certain songs and out of place. It's also got so much going on that it offers more than some other album that is 20-30 minutes longer in length.
This shit was clean....bc I've had bad trips in the past...but these trips were so enlightening...I transcended. I just wish I could remember what exactly I realized about the universe at that particular moment....now it's long gone. All I remember during my trip was that it was CONSTANT deja vu....really constant....my sister and friends, we were doing the same things saying the same things....everything happened over and over. I think that tripping some how made my consciousness to transcend which enabled me to witness multiple parallel universes. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:13 AM   #42
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i like kanye
that's great man!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #43
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
when they are able to separate themselves from the hype and expectations they had for a new Radiohead album and actually listen to tKoL without any preset bias and take it in for all that it's worth.
So you're saying that it didn't live up to the hype it got? The hype being that it was expected to be a very good record?

Old 04-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #44
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
So you're saying that it didn't live up to the hype it got? The hype being that it was expected to be a very good record?
The hype of it being something other than what it was. People were expecting something more traditional like In Rainbows.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #45
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore View Post
Banana basically idolizes Kanye West
Yeah I idolize one of the most brilliant musical minds of our time, how terrible.

Oh wait, it's cool to hate Kanye and disregard his musical brilliance and consistent output of instantly classic albums.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #46
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

yes it is

you can have another opinion

like, it's one of the most ridiculous and annoying people on earth, which happens to be my opinion

Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #47
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's more about how you dickride him so hard you might be gay

Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #48
Trotskilicious
Banned

all of the lights
all
of
the
lights

Old 04-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #49
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
yes it is

you can have another opinion

like, it's one of the most ridiculous and annoying people on earth, which happens to be my opinion
Him as an person has nothing to do with him an artist.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #50
redbreegull

Quote:
tKoL is definitely going to be one of those albums that people appreciate far more many years after it's been released
certainly not true. TKOL is ok, but it is not in the top 50% of their releases and it will always be dwarfed by the total awesomeness of In Rainbows.

as for the ranking, Kid A is definitely their most innovative and influential release, but I personally can't rank it above In Rainbows, Ok Computer, or the Bends. Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief don't do as much for me. I think a lot of Hail to the Thief is just boring. Pablo Honey I know is just a generic 90s guitar album, but I think some of the songs are quite catchy and IMO Thom Yorke's best vocals are on that album. It gets shit on a lot because it's like the album before they became a progressive force to be reckoned with, but it's actually very endearing and enjoyable. I always skip Creep.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #51
Banana
Banned

How cool of you to always skip the commercially popular track creep, and make mention of that.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #52
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer

3. Hail to the Thief
4. The Bends
5. In Rainbows

6. The King of Limbs
7. Amnesiac

8. Pablo Honey

Old 04-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #53
redbreegull

Quote:
How cool of you to always skip the commercially popular track creep, and make mention of that.
yeah i'm definitely trying to be cool by defending their one album which is universally considered to suck

Old 04-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #54
Banana
Banned

That's exactly what you're trying to do especially by saying the one song you don't like is the most recognizable and successful from the album.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:51 PM   #55
redbreegull

put your head on a railway track, boy

Old 04-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #56
redbreegull

I skip it because it's a boring song, probably the weakest on the album, and one that I have heard ten million times on alternative rock radio already.

seriously are you capable of actual thought? how does it make sense to you that I am trying to be pretentious by liking what is widely held to be their weakest album BECAUSE it's a generic 90s radio rock album and then by skipping the big hit single. you're like a fucking baby.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #57
redbreegull

king of limbs is better cause of all the layers maaaaaan so much better than kid a it has all these layers just listen to these layers

Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #58
Banana
Banned

Listen, I understand. I hear you that that in order to keep whatever internet counter too cool for school image that you're going for that you needed to drop that point how you really enjoy the one album that is often thought of as their weakest but you skip the one popular song from it. I totally get it brobama.

Last edited by Banana : 04-07-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #59
redbreegull

you're a fucking chimpanzee

Old 04-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #60
Banana
Banned

Quote:
seriously are you capable of actual thought? how does it make sense to you that I am trying to be pretentious by liking what is widely held to be their weakest album BECAUSE it's a generic 90s radio rock album and then by skipping the big hit single. you're like a fucking baby.