Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #91
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

You don't even understand how something like a personality assessment even becomes a legitimate tool, or have the resources to test it (e.g. a research laboratory and research assistants and a university willing to give undergrads credit for helping you), funding to test it, or the academic background and knowledge of which personality assessments that are taken seriously in the academic and clinical world (hint: the MBTI is not. the MMPI is. go take a look at how much more complex the MMPI is than the MBTI. seriously, do it). I mean you have absolutely no credentials or insight whatsoever into what you're trying to do. You have no background in the history of psychological theory, behaviorism, psychoanalytic theory, evolutionary psychology, cognitive psychology, social psychology, ethology, or anything else. Have you ever even taken one psychology class? Psych 101 even???? Your behavior is an insult to the scientific discipline of psychology.

You are delusional about your theory. There, I said it.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:50 PM   #92
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

if I had to guess I would say morespoon is the troll account of another active user. possibly CW. CW could actually be any number of trolls on here, constantly psychologizing us with his experiments.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #93
redbreegull

oh damn I didn't even realize reprise pointed out the similarities on the last page, I was just responding without reading the thread honestly

Old 09-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #94
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I'm not delusional at all. The child psychiatrist is very supportive of this. Field testing isn't going to be a problem with him in my corner. He's helping me develop more questions and then it's going to be field tested

Old 09-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #95
run2pee
Minion of Satan

del wrong thred

Last edited by run2pee : 09-03-2016 at 06:01 PM. Reason: 2many threds

Old 09-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #96
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Your behavior on here is more of an insult because you play doctor here. I don't even try to do that. And I don't use this place like a crutch.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #97
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

This is my last time responding. Empathizing with people and sharing my knowledge of psychology relating to conditions is not playing doctor. This is my personality. I like understanding behavior and I like talking with people. So often times, I talk about my bx and they talk about their bx. That's my personality. It's not playing doctor. Just because you can't understand that talking about psychology is not the same as trying to put people into diagnosis boxes, doesn't mean that that is what I'm doing.

I do use this place as a crutch, in the same way people use other friendships as one. If that's what you want to call it, that doesn't upset me one bit.

There's a reason I told you I was going to stop talking to you and haven't been. These kinds of arguments, which are really you trying to put me down to pull yourself up, are extremely negative - always. I tried for a long time to be nice about your "personality theory" thing, even though you're delusional about it, for years. I gave you input and you told me I was wrong. Every time. But I tried to be nice without lying to you about not thinking your "theory" had any merit. I tried to have insight to whether I might be jealous somehow, or be blind to some actual potential because of personal defense mechanisms, but it just isn't so. So I tried to be nice.

But when you get creepy and insult my personality and try to get my phone number by pretending you're an idiot who doesn't know how to upload a photo in 2015, it's fucked up and I don't have to listen to your bullshit. I also know I'm not the only one you've been creepy too. And your language betrays you... you're "above" netphoria... etc... whatever dude.

There are very few people I completely dislike. You've made the list. I'm not going to be nice anymore. I'm going to ignore you. Not that you asked for an explanation, but here it is. Now, I need to study.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #98
redbreegull

CW I understand this is probably an exercise in extreme futility, but maybe just consider for a few moments how people react to erica versus how they react to you, and why that might be. Just think about it please.

and inb4 "everyone here reacts that way because they are mentally ill" or similar response... actually most of the people here are well-adjusted and adept people in many ways. Just because you come here to perform sociology experiments and not to talk to people who are at least on some level your friends does not mean you are less fucked up. You've said many things here that make me see you as some kind of corrupt doctor at a mental hospital fucking with the patients for his private experiments, or a little kid being messing with animals to judge their response in a totally amoral, vacant way.

Last edited by redbreegull : 09-03-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #99
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i dont think i've ever written a post like that to anyone on this board. i feel kinda bad but it's the truth.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #100
Catherine Wheel
Banned

What I'm really trying to convey in my messages to her is that she shouldn't be here or at least not as much as she is. She's better than that. I'm not putting her down at all. I'm trying to get her to free herself from this place.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #101
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
What I'm really trying to convey in my messages to her is that she shouldn't be here or at least not as much as she is. She's better than that. I'm not putting her down at all. I'm trying to get her to free herself from this place.
wow you are just like... unable to alter your thought patterns at all are you? You literally cannot entertain feedback that doesn't confirm the way you want to see a situation.

let me put it this way. Erica comes off as a well-adjusted person here. You come off as a delusional and unkind fuckface. So maybe you should get the fuck off the internet.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:39 PM   #102
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I'm perfectly able to alter my thought patterns. I just don't agree.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #103
brutechinasky
Demi-God

this is an interesting thread

Old 09-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #104
Elphenor
Braindead

CW is like NINSP in that he shows up just to say how he hates this place

Pretty pathetic

Nobody care

Old 09-03-2016, 06:58 PM   #105
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Redbreegull just alluded to this place as a mental hospital. That's all that really needs to be said.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:06 PM   #106
redbreegull

It's actually like talking to a wall

did a single other person read what I said as "this place is a mental hospital" versus "you treat people here like they are your patients in a mental hospital"

anyone?

Old 09-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #107
brutechinasky
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
your threads are very concerned with how others see you, but not because of how they see you, but how it is different from your frequent introspection of how you see yourself. which is not really different from a lot of people, but you broadcast your thoughts about it in a way that seems almost robotically sterile. it's very strange for an adult to literally say, if someone doesn't like my (completely benign and non offensive - it'd be different if it was a swastika or something) avatar, i'll change it again.

however, it's not pathologically narcissistic, you just kinda seem to miss the big picture of things. for example, thinking no one would believe what that women told you b/c it's so crazy. of course we would, it's the internet! we've all had experiences like you've had.

autistic is not really the right word... but it's the closest i can come to. developmental brain disorders are not something i know a lot about and im not trying to diagnose you. but there does seem to be something there, or not there. and it kinda reminds me of what catherine wheel, the poster, is like. but he is pathologically narcissistic (in my opinion) and seems to betray malevolence often in many aspects and you definitely don't seem that way

post/loc

Old 09-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #108
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

in my defense i had imbibed on a substance last night when i wrote that

but yeah it was out of line and i do really apologize, morespsoon

Old 09-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #109
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
It's actually like talking to a wall

did a single other person read what I said as "this place is a mental hospital" versus "you treat people here like they are your patients in a mental hospital"

anyone?
nope

i also just realized that CW says that i use this place as a crutch while he comes and goes as he pleases, meanwhile he responded to my post referencing him 10 minutes after i posted it

Old 09-03-2016, 08:37 PM   #110
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I have a child psychiatrist and retired psychology professor who fully endorse my theory, thinks it's brilliant and are willing to help me in any way .
You realize this means as much as Dr. Oz promoting an anti-wrinkle cream, correct?

Quote:
And I'm on the front page of like 30 different psychology related google searches. And what do you do? You come on here and play doctor.
Googling your name with different keywords enough that you can find 30 different queries that link to your message board posts isn't the greatest barometer of achievement.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #111
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
wow you are just like... unable to alter your thought patterns at all are you? You literally cannot entertain feedback that doesn't confirm the way you want to see a situation.

let me put it this way. Erica comes off as a well-adjusted person here. You come off as a delusional and unkind fuckface. So maybe you should get the fuck off the internet.
i can't decide if he's just autistic or a sociopath

Old 09-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #112
morespsoon

Quote:
You know what, you're right. I'm completely off base and what I said was not appropriate and I apologize.
You are so nice. It's no problem. I enjoyed your analysis of me. I thought participating in it was a blast.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:00 PM   #113
morespsoon

Quote:
but yeah it was out of line and i do really apologize, morespsoon
Where do smart, cool, nice people like you come from?

Old 09-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #114
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
i can't decide if he's just autistic or a sociopath
Autisiopath.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #115
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

my guess is the former but i like to assume the best

Old 09-03-2016, 09:24 PM   #116
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by morespsoon View Post
Where do smart, cool, nice people like you come from?
we go to hell and then come back, take lots of psychedelics (as well as less psychologically impactful drugs) for a few years, have a mental breakdown and go to therapy for a decade lol

thanks btw

Old 09-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #117
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

If reprise really did spend all her time here, I doubt she'd have a 4.0 . She's incredibly intelligent...but it's not like she's Doogie Howser or anything.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #118
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
In his defense, people are always calling CW autistic every time he makes a thread. He's not willfully cruel or evil so I don't understand all the hate. And he's right: almost everyone here is mentally ill by their own admission, so this is a crazy house and no one has the right to judge.
I have no problem with him saying people here are mentally ill. It's the idea that some people are above others, and the way he tries to somehow get me on his side by saying that I'm in the group with him that's better than everyone else on netphoria - yet I'm also some kind of pathetic person for coming here, at the same time. It's incredibly triggering and exactly how I've experienced intimate relations with a narcissist (who was also a psychopath most likely, but I digress). It also goes beyond what he says in public on netphoria - we had PM convos for a while, before I ended it. Anyway, I'm really not trying to bag on CW and I'm not saying he's wrong about everything he says. But there is a long history here poots and he is the only person I've ever had to actively ignore on here because I felt he was trying to take advantage of me and fuck with my mind. I just kinda laid it all out in this thread but it's been going on literally for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
If reprise really did spend all her time here, I doubt she'd have a 4.0 . She's incredibly intelligent...but it's not like she's Doogie Howser or anything.
I just think I have a good memory generally, and learn very quickly, and the rest is old fashioned studying. I'm definitely not some kind of genius who gets As without studying. There are a few classes like that but not many. Now that I'm taking the high level classes it's a lot of reading and discussing, and especially in a class like honors seminar (with only 11 ppl) I feel like I've finally earned the role of really being part of the field of psychology and being among the top draft picks so to speak, that are being noticed by faculty as having PhD potential and being exposed to high level presentations and a deep history in the field. It's very satisfying and I'm starting to really understand that I have the potential to design my own studies and experiments and really help society learn new things - eventually. And then after I have my PhD, there's potential for many, many things. But I fuckin' earned this shit. You can't take any class for granted and maintain a 4.0. And I probably won't end up with a 4.0, just by virtue that I'm not going to take easy classes as my final 15 or so credits where I can take whatever I want. I'm going to take psychopharm, and neuropsychology, and biological basis of behavior 2, and all the classes that will actually teach me shit I don't know about nearly as much as the clinical side. and I'm going to spend a significant amount of time doing an honors thesis.

Last edited by reprise85 : 09-04-2016 at 11:33 PM.