Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #1801
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

if tim and i broke up, he would be single and he's a good guy. i just asked him and he said if he were single you could find him at a book store, a coffee shop, or at the park. maybe y'all should try those places.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #1802
yo soy el mejor

have u thought about dating a netphorian?

Old 05-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #1803
yo soy el mejor

we're all good guys. HEY!

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 05-25-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #1804
redbreegull

yo what do you guys think about electric stoves/ovens? I had never used one before until I moved here and it FUCKING SUCKS!!!!1!@!#!$@%

I have had this water on high for 25 minutes and it's not boiling yet

Old 05-25-2018, 06:23 PM   #1805
redbreegull

I'm just trying to make some fucking trader joe's pelmeni

Old 05-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #1806
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
yo what do you guys think about electric stoves/ovens? I had never used one before until I moved here and it FUCKING SUCKS!!!!1!@!#!$@%

sounds like ur stove is broken

Old 05-25-2018, 06:58 PM   #1807
yo soy el mejor

probs didn't even turn it on

Old 05-25-2018, 07:04 PM   #1808
redbreegull

it takes a really, really long time to heat up and even once it's going I always have to add time to any recipe. It did eventually boil my 4 quartz of water but it took half hour to get to a full boil.

now i'm eating pelmeni

Old 05-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #1809
redbreegull

the "control panel" is also really confusing and complicated, like it's a fucking stove I don't need all these buttons. then the cook top and control panel get covered in grease immediately when you cook and you need a special cleaner to clean that shit like wtf

Old 05-26-2018, 06:20 AM   #1810
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Maybe I should ask that friend if she'd like to talk about shit in person over coffee or something? I dunno, I still haven't heard back from her.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:32 AM   #1811
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:

I haven't used gas in so long, but I get on just fine with electric. Never have to adjust the time on any recipe, far as I can recall. Sounds like something's wrong with the stove top.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:33 AM   #1812
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Maybe I should ask that friend if she'd like to talk about shit in person over coffee or something? I dunno, I still haven't heard back from her.
I wouldn't reach out and suggest anything until you get a response.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #1813
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
have u thought about dating a netphorian?
i can't combine two different worlds like that. plus, i need some sort of phony mysteriousness to help me out. 'phoria knows too much!!

Old 05-26-2018, 04:55 PM   #1814
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
i can't combine two different worlds like that. plus, i need some sort of phony mysteriousness to help me out. 'phoria knows too much!!
I would die if anyone I knew in real life came across my Netphoria posts and saw me whining about them. I can pretty much vomit all my hidden insecurities on this site because I'm pseudonymous. Although there are some things so shameful I even keep them from this imaginary space of virtual strangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I wouldn't reach out and suggest anything until you get a response.
Yeah, I probably shouldn't. The fact that she's taking so long already tells me that she's waiting to soften the blow of "we can't be friends."

I just wanna know what she's thinking in particular is complicating our friendship, though. Is it that she thinks I'm not over her, so a friendship wouldn't work? If that's the case, I feel like my feelings toward her are my own issue to deal with. I'm an adult. I'm sure I'll cope if I have a friend I have a crush on who isn't available or interested. I'm still capable of maintaining a friendship despite that.

Or is it that she's saying that she thinks their is romantic tension between us, and she doesn't trust us not to cross a line, and wants to be fair to her boyfriend by not continuing such a tension-filled relationship with a guy friend? If that's the case, then yeah, making a decision to end the friendship would be based on more than her assumptions about what is and isn't good for me, and would be based on what would be th healthiest choice for her. So, I would totally understand that reasoning and, caring too much about her to want to complicate her life, I accept that our friendship had come to a natural and amicable end, though I'd still be bummed about it.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #1815
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
More boring stories about my hapless social life.

I dunno if anybody remembers that girl I went on a few dates with and whom I really liked, but who told me she didn't feel any chemistry, so we decided to just be friends.

I invited her to another outing (some event I invited a bunch of friends to), and she eventually sent me a response saying that now that she's seeing somebody, she doesn't know how to feel about our relationship, because she doesn't know if we would be "good at" just being friends, as since deciding to just be friends, she feels like it keeps on "coming around to being more than that."

I don't really know how to respond. Our platonic friendship has been pretty emotionally intimate, but I've accepted that she isn't into me, and was happy to still be good friends. I kinda sense what she means about feeling some romantic tension there, as there have been times that have also left me wondering if she was interested again. There was a time where I'm pretty sure she tried to kiss me, but I didn't kiss her, because that was the same night she confided in me about her recovered memories of her father's abuse, and I didn't want to take advantage of that vulnerability to let her confuse our emotional intimacy for romance, especially when she previously told me that she was no longer interested. The second time I hung out with her since we stopped going out, it was a lot less touchy-feely, and in my mind, more "just friends"-ish. So, I did find it surprising that she's still feeling like things are inching toward something more than a friendship.

I responded to her that I still am happy to remain just friends, and invited her to bring the guy she's seeing along if she does decide to come to the event. I didn't mention that I'm still interested in her, because I felt that irrelevant. Even though I'm still sweet on her, I've already accepted that we're just going to be friends, and I can live with that. But I feel like something would be sorely missing if such a strong friendship were to be dissolved.

She hasn't responded yet. It's been a couple of days. Which I suppose means that she's preparing to break it to me that she doesn't think we can be friends. I guess I'll have to let go.
to me it sounds a little bit like there may be a misunderstanding going on between you two, and what you intend as decency & not taking advantage of her vulnerability, may come across to her as disinterest and avoiding of the elephant in the room that she put out there.

whether or not that's true is up to you to tell, but if you really care about the friendship so much, why shouldn't you be the one to take the dive and put everything out in the open? you'll regret it if you don't, so you might as well.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:37 PM   #1816
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Part of me is thinking about th social faux pas of double-texting and is afraid of pressuring her. The other part of me is just like, we ought to discuss this before we each settle on assumptions about what the other person is feeling. I don't see an optimal decisions for us coming out of a text convo.

Though I don't feel like I can put it all on the table. Like, I don't feel like she has to concern herself with the fact that I still fancy her. if she's seeing somebody, it isn't relevant. I don't want to put her in a position where she feels she has to privilege protecting my feelings over her own desires. I don't want her to feel obligated to accomodate my interest in her if she isn't romantically interested in me.

But putting the rest of the stuff on the table, about how I think we should clarify where we stand and how I value her friendship and am totally supportive of her pursuing relationships with whomever she wants… that sounds like a convo worth having. And also the nature of our friendship, and how deep an emotional connection she feels comfortable with without it feeling like cheating.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:20 AM   #1817
Elphenor
Braindead

how deep of an emotional connection is required before you can send 2 texts consecutively

Old 05-27-2018, 12:54 AM   #1818
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I don’t know how helpful it is, but all three times I began serious Long term relationships with a guy, I cut down the time I spent hanging out with other guys, to like nothing. After being with them for 7,8 months etc., depending on my partner, I might hang out with guy friends again. But I think maybe instinctively I felt that the start of a relationship is so kind of fragile that it was easier to remove any kind of complicated social situation with other guys, and that would definitely ******* hanging out with a guy I had been on a date with, previously.

So... either way, you might want to leave it for a few months. If there is a friendship connection with her, it won’t suffer from taking a break for a few months. Maybe take note of an interesting event that is happeneing in July or August and make a reminder to invite her (or her and her boyfriend) to that.

And in the mean time try to forget her and focus on other interesting stuff that is going on around you, which will make it easier and more pleasant to hang out with others...from personal experience I can say that when someone is too focused on one person or another, it changes their personality a bit. Having so much of their brain processing power and time taken up with thinking about just one person sort of causes the overall personality of a person to become less interesting and engaging, in my experience.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:55 AM   #1819
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I have had that experience myself because I spend half my life thinking about my kids and it definitely has made my personality less interesting and engaging. Watch out! It’s a trap!!

Old 05-27-2018, 02:15 AM   #1820
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Part of me is thinking about th social faux pas of double-texting and is afraid of pressuring her. The other part of me is just like, we ought to discuss this before we each settle on assumptions about what the other person is feeling. I don't see an optimal decisions for us coming out of a text convo.

Though I don't feel like I can put it all on the table. Like, I don't feel like she has to concern herself with the fact that I still fancy her. if she's seeing somebody, it isn't relevant. I don't want to put her in a position where she feels she has to privilege protecting my feelings over her own desires. I don't want her to feel obligated to accomodate my interest in her if she isn't romantically interested in me.

But putting the rest of the stuff on the table, about how I think we should clarify where we stand and how I value her friendship and am totally supportive of her pursuing relationships with whomever she wants… that sounds like a convo worth having. And also the nature of our friendship, and how deep an emotional connection she feels comfortable with without it feeling like cheating.
i didn't mean a text convo.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #1821
FoolofaTook

i smoked some schwag and barely got high. still freaked out a little. i suck at smoking weed now wtf.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:13 PM   #1822
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I tried to drink a Manhattan on Mother's Day two weeks ago and gave up after like 5 sips. Fucking disgusting. And it was $9. This is why I should never stray from a fruity margarita on the rare occasion I order a drink.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:45 PM   #1823
Elphenor
Braindead

I have a crush on a girl in the warehouse and, she similarly, almost crushed my clueless self with the forklift she drives

Old 05-27-2018, 06:48 PM   #1824
fuzzyroes
Banned

Aren't you still dating the red-haired chick?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #1825
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
i smoked some schwag and barely got high. still freaked out a little. i suck at smoking weed now wtf.
what made you freak?

Old 05-27-2018, 11:24 PM   #1826
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I have a crush on a girl in the warehouse and, she similarly, almost crushed my clueless self with the forklift she drives
do you think she downed a six pack before she drove that forklift?

Old 05-28-2018, 12:14 AM   #1827
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
what made you freak?
sucking at life and thinking about it

Old 05-28-2018, 04:59 AM   #1828
bright_doom
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
sucking at life and thinking about it
Is there an internet quiz I can take to find out if I suck at life as well?

Old 05-29-2018, 12:27 AM   #1829
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
do you think she downed a six pack before she drove that forklift?
that would be hot but it's more likely I was standing in the wrong place

Old 05-29-2018, 12:34 AM   #1830
yo soy el mejor

do you have a supervisory role?