Originally Posted by bja1288
this is facetious
no it's not

Old 11-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #32
brillo998
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsaw
Come back to the gen board brillo998. I have surprises for you.
too scared. i couldnt handle the abuse.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #33
AnnMarie727
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski
I just smoked a fat bowl of meth with Jesus and he said that annemarie chick should have learned her lesson when she was muted. and that she needs to "lighten the fuck up" and is making him look bad.

i feel pretty glowingly happy already Jesus loves me

Old 11-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #34
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster

jesus loves his babays

Old 11-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #35
AnnMarie727
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_adore_adore
jesus loves his babies

Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 AM   #36
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Corgan did this a few times on the TFE tour. He did it in DC and it was beautiful, much better than that video. He began by saying someone taught him to sing a prayer and he would like to share. He said he believes in God, but in a God that accepts everyone no matter who they are. That said he was raised Catholic so he was going to sing a catholic prayer because he didn't want to sing some quasi PC prayer to appease everyone. Then he sang Hail Mary. Then he exited the stage. It was pretty awesome.

He also did this the previous year in DC at the poetry reading I believe.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #37
AnnMarie727
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull
Corgan did this a few times on the TFE tour. He did it in DC and it was beautiful, much better than that video. He began by saying someone taught him to sing a prayer and he would like to share. He said he believes in God, but in a God that accepts everyone no matter who they are. That said he was raised Catholic so he was going to sing a catholic prayer because he didn't want to sing some quasi PC prayer to appease everyone. Then he sang Hail Mary. Then he exited the stage. It was pretty awesome.

He also did this the previous year in DC at the poetry reading I believe.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #38
apetulantfrenzy
Ownz

isn't the bible quoting troll an admin here?

Old 11-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #39
apetulantfrenzy
Ownz

yeah, annemarie, go find a christian rock forum to spread your nonsense, please

Old 11-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #40
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apetulantfrenzy
isn't the bible quoting troll an admin here?
no?

Old 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #41
million_watts
Demi-God

i'm really trying to respect it and all that, but he should just quit with all jesus and god bullshit. unfortunately the music somehow always starts to suck when artists "find their way to god"...

Old 11-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #42
???
Minion of Satan

i just can't get over how hot this melissa gif is

Old 11-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #43
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissedandGone2
where is that
this was at the book reading in San Francisco I was there for this in the 2nd or 3rd row.. i forget

anyways He was being asked questions that night about Adore. A lot of conversation about adore actually.

But this "prayer" which is actually a song/hymn if i have my facts right. was done because a girl asked Billy he would sing for us. Billy said something about how his voice wasn't too good. yada yada but he would sing this song / hymn.. i think i have some video of this as well

Old 11-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #44
brillo998
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS
this was at the book reading in San Francisco I was there for this in the 2nd or 3rd row.. i forget

anyways He was being asked questions that night about Adore. A lot of conversation about adore actually.

But this "prayer" which is actually a song/hymn if i have my facts right. was done because a girl asked Billy he would sing for us. Billy said something about how his voice wasn't too good. yada yada but he would sing this song / hymn.. i think i have some video of this as well
ban

Old 11-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #45
osamy
Pledge

Hell, I'm an unbeliever and I think it's awfully sweet. Don't you kids read any Kierkegaard?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #46
JessiMercury
Ownz

umm...how about billy corgan ending the show during the machina tour in fairfax, va with a 15-minute prayer, and then exiting through the crowd, parting his fans like the red sea. yes, this happened. yeah, this is the shit billy corgan does.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #47
AnnMarie727
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMercury
umm...how about billy corgan ending the show during the machina tour in fairfax, va with a 15-minute prayer, and then exiting through the crowd, parting his fans like the red sea. yes, this happened. yeah, this is the shit billy corgan does.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #48
astrosfan719
Banned

Wow that note at the end was UNBEARABLE.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #49
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:

the one on april 28 2000 at the patriot center? that's the only time i saw them in fairfax va, and it was the machina tour, and that sure as shit did not happen.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #50
JessiMercury
Ownz

YEAH it did, it was april 28th and you were either fucked up and don't remember or you weren't there if A) don't remember a long ass rant/prayer set to music and B) billy coming into the crowd at the end. i was in the second row. this sure as shit did happen. maybe he didn't exit the venue like that, but yeah, he walked into the crowd and everyone was grabbing onto him.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #51
JessiMercury
Ownz

i was right in front of james at the left toward the stage. he was wearing a white suit with a black tie...i was a completely sober fourteen year old at the time and trust me, i held on to the memory of that show. shortly after, they announced their breakup and i thought it would be my one and only time seeing them. i WROTE THIS DOWN in my stupid fucking teenage journal. yeah. it happened.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #52
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

I think I'd take whatcolor's word over angry disillusioned pumpkins fan #305, but who knows, can anyone else validate this?

Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #53
JessiMercury
Ownz

im not angry or disillusioned. i just wrote down what happened right after the show and i distinctly remember this. no one here should be shocked to know that billy took the liberty of doing a long ass prayer rant. and yeah, he did step into the crowd. i would like this story verified. perhaps whatcolor was in the nosebleeds. that was back when they thought they could still sell arenas.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #54
Mablak
Minion of Satan

Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Quote:
im not angry or disillusioned. i just wrote down what happened right after the show and i distinctly remember this. no one here should be shocked to know that billy took the liberty of doing a long ass prayer rant. and yeah, he did step into the crowd. i would like this story verified. perhaps whatcolor was in the nosebleeds. that was back when they thought they could still sell arenas.
I underlined the angry disillusioned part for you

Old 11-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #55
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i was on the floor, maybe 20 people back max. are you entirely delusional? how old were you at the time? i was sober and 20 years old. no such thing happened.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #56
JessiMercury
Ownz

haha i knew that was coming. but anyway, i'm not trying to start a war on this. i remember being really bored during the prayer and rolled my eyes a little when he stepped into the crowd. i was surprised he did this, as a lot of people were touching him. whatcolor might not remember it, i know he was there at the show. i'm sure if he thinks about it he might remember, but that being my first SP experience ever, and me being so close to the stage, it definitely stood out in my mind.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #57
JessiMercury
Ownz

oh my god dude. why would i delude myself into being bored shitless by a long ass billy corgan rant and then make up in my mind that he stepped into the crowd and then write this down in my journal? it's not like it was a fantasy of mine to hear a faux-religious sermon from a man in a leather skirt. i'm sorry you have a bad memory.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #58
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

From spfc:

2000/04/28 - Patriot Center; Fairfax, VA, US

Review by Aaron

The show was great. Me and some of my friends got down to the Patriot Center at around 3 in the afternoon. At around 5pm, the band arrived on their 2 busses. There was a small group of people waiting next to the buses to watch the band came out. James and Mellisa stepped off and waved and James went back on. Billy got off and walked towards us eating a bowl of soup. He shook many hands and talked with us for like 20 mintues. It was amazing. It was very cool of him to do that. He was talking about where alternative and rock music is going, and that the popularity of rock goes in cycles, and right now its at a low point. He said that all the people listening to these gay boy bands like Backstreet Boys and people like Britney Spears will wake up one day and "realize their lisening to shit." One girl with butterfly wings on told Billy that she had missed her senior prom that night to come see them play. So billy said she could go to prom with him or something, and he picked her up and gave her a hug. After about 20 minutes he went inside.

The band came out on stage at about 8.15 and the crowd went crazy. I must note however that the songs they were playing before they came out were annoying as hell. The band launched into Essexes Rock on, followed by Everlasting Gaze. Then they started the new songs.

It was great to hear James do ''Blew Away." Half way through, the band went into an accoustic set which included disarm. An electric drum set was rolled out for Ava Adore and one or two other songs. Then about two-thirds of the way through the show something really funny happends.... up pops this giant inflatable 6 foot penis on the middle of the floor. it was hilarious. Billy noticed it and started laughing and walked over to James to point it out to him, who also started laughing.

Towards the end, I don't remember which song, but in the middle of it, Billy started screaming..."What the fuck is going on!!!!" (over and over) and "Wheres my fucking america!!!" and "I don't fucking care-ica!!!!!!" that was great.

In the first encore it was cool to see Jimmy Chamberlain play accoustic guitar on 1979. I had no idea he played guitar.

On the second encore they played ''with every light'' and ended with ''drown'' which is an amazing song. Before finally leaving Billy walked along the edge of the stage, nearly on the floor shaking peoples hand and saying good bye.

The show kicked some major ass and the pumpkins, like always rocked. and one last thing, Billy if u'r reading this, i want to be one of your roadies.

Nothing about any 15 minute prayers. There are two other reviews there too. Again, nothing about praying.

http://www.spfc.org/online/fan-reviews.html?tour_id=766

Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #59
seign
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe you got some of your facts mixed up. Are you sure the "prayer" wasn't the Once in a Lifetime rant? And Billy walking into the crowd after the last encore, not after the rant?

Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #60
JessiMercury
Ownz

The show started with a monologue/prayer set to music.