Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #61
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I know I'm being extremely judgmental, but people who can't or won't cook should really just die off already.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #62
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Paula Deen 2024

Old 11-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #63
Elphenor
Braindead

I mean you should never eat this stuff and boycott all these companies tbh but I fucking love junk food

Old 11-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #64
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I know I'm being extremely judgmental, but people who can't or won't cook should really just die off already.
But it's really boring and nothing I make is as good as a Big Mac anyway

Old 11-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #65
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Full disclosure: I grew up poor and hungry all the time. I had to learn how to cook for myself by age 10.

https://media.giphy.com/media/10hfegXGKVRVNm/giphy.gif

Old 11-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #66
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
But it's really boring and nothing I make is as good as a Big Mac anyway
I actually really enjoy cooking. It's quite relaxing and rewarding for me. But meh. To each his own and all that shit.

I'm just sayin', if yer broke, you better heat that oven up.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #67
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I'm really glad a half-assed parody thread now has 3 pages. Who says Netphoria is dying off?

Old 11-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #68
Elphenor
Braindead

I can cook potatoes pretty well

Old 11-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #69
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

you can use a microwave for baked potatoes. i guess we should call them microwaved potatoes at this point

have you guys ever peeped the cellphone wrapped 'microwave potatoes' at a supermarket? literally regular potatoes wraped in plastic. it makes my heart hurt for humanity

Old 11-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #70
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I actually really enjoy cooking. It's quite relaxing and rewarding for me. But meh. To each his own and all that shit.

I'm just sayin', if yer broke, you better heat that oven up.
I feel the same way.

I used to feel similar to Elphenor but somthing clicked in me about 2 years ago and cooking is my new favorite thing. I find you only spend a significant amount of time in the kitchen on day 1 (barely an hour) and reap the benefits for the next 2-3 days, reheating leftovers.

I'm averaging around $5 per day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner combined.

I've been dipping my toes in baking recently, and love making cornbreads. I don't eat much bread except for maybe english muffins on the weekend and I see it as a non-essential item, but I love it.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #71
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

poor families in NZ and Australia probably go to McD's or whatever, once a week - on "dole day". Then they're skint for the rest of the week.

But the staple foods for them are traditionally processed meats, beef mince (ground beef), pasta, instant noodles (you guys call them ramen I think?), canned tomatoes, cheap vegetable oil, onions and potatoes.

A lot of kids in NZ and Aus eat no breakfast or lunch. If they do, it's just toast or cereal. No fruit or protein or anything. It really sucks

Old 11-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #72
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
have you guys ever peeped the cellphone wrapped 'microwave potatoes' at a supermarket? literally regular potatoes wraped in plastic. it makes my heart hurt for humanity
And for some reason they cost thrice the price of an actual sack of potatoes. I don't get it.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #73
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
But the staple foods for them are traditionally processed meats, beef mince (ground beef), pasta, instant noodles (you guys call them ramen I think?), canned tomatoes, cheap vegetable oil, onions and potatoes.
I work with people that eat out of vending machines so even this "poor style cooking" is a step above that sort of behavior. One of my favorite quick meals is an italian sausage pan-fried with an onion.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #74
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Anthony Bourdain's favorite pasta recipe calls for canned diced tomatoes. It's kind of like fashion, there's a big difference between what you actually cook/wear vs what you present/sell.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:38 PM   #75
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
cellphone wrapped
A+

Old 11-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #76
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Talking

lol cellophane fuck you teh b0lly!!1

Old 11-22-2016, 11:18 PM   #77
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabshack View Post
And for some reason they cost thrice the price of an actual sack of potatoes. I don't get it.
people are stupid and others take advantage of their stupidity. nothing else to it

i buy these certain eye cleaner wipes for my cat's eyes at petco. they have them for dogs and cats. they are exactly the same except the package has a dog face or a cat face. cat ones are $2 more. 7.99 vs 9.99

although i just looked online and both are 7.99 so maybe they've changed it. i haven't gone in the cat section for them since the first time i saw the difference in price