Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2020, 11:34 PM   #31
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Forgot about SPLRA. It's good, but even that thing needs major work - see SP 2019 as proof. Guess I need to create a login and start to go to town on it, as it looks like a Wiki that any/all can update, yeah?
yeah, but last i checked in summer 2017 the account creation was broken and i had to email someone or the other to make one for me

Old 05-03-2020, 12:53 AM   #32
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I'd at least talk to Billy and find out what he's willing to pay.
LOLOLO!
(fuck all, obvs)

Old 05-03-2020, 01:37 AM   #33
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I'd at least talk to Billy and find out what he's willing to pay.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:33 AM   #34
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:

Forgot about SPLRA. It's good, but even that thing needs major work - see SP 2019 as proof.
I simply forgot to finish 2019.

How about this: I finish 2019 on SPLRA the week that Billy and
/or SP raise more than 5 million USD for a charity. That should work as motivation to invest a couple of hours into what was once a labor of love. 5 million is a pretty low bar to raise as other stars currently donate that amount from their own money to food banks etc.

So I'll expect to edit 2019 within the next month!

Old 05-03-2020, 07:17 AM   #35
Kahlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Susan, how the hell did you get out of jail? Did someone post bail? Did they find someone had framed you for the whole bleach affair?

Yours, enquiringly

Nacho

Ps: Check out the 2011 Stiltskin album Unfulfillment. Will change your life.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #36
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Hey, Eric from SPFC.org here. Sorry for the delay, I just came across this post whole Googling my name, and decided to make an account to clarify things.

I would like very much to augment our website and coordinate with William. However, as things stand right now, I am in the process of buying out blueguitar.info, as the account that runs it has been suspended, and it would be a tragedy to lose such a repository and resource of lyrics and tabs for Red House Painters and Mark Kozelek's affiliated projects. I am currently working with him to get the site back online, and as such, all my time is being devoted to that.

Kozelek is a very generous man, and is paying me in Hot Pockets™. As you can understand from man who is supporting a family, William Patrick Corgan would have to offer a more lucrative deal than that in order to make it worth my while.

Old 05-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #37
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I'd kick in a few bucks to WPC's online charity fundraiser.

But, yeah - reckon that it's becoming less of a labor of love and more of a labor when it's show after show with the same exact setlist. So lame. Still firmly feel like they should swap out ONE song each night. Just one. Would be rad if they would do one different song each night, one deep cut so it kinda makes following a tour interesting. Killers did that with covers a few tours ago, so did Arcade Fire - was fun to see what they would pull out and find some garbage YouTube clip of it.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #38
milandejong
Demi-God

Quote:
Forgot about SPLRA. It's good, but even that thing needs major work - see SP 2019 as proof. Guess I need to create a login and start to go to town on it, as it looks like a Wiki that any/all can update, yeah?
Send me a message on milan AT starla DOT org and I'll create an account for you.

Old 05-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #39
NickS
Pledge

I've been trying to make SPLRA updates to older shows and updating for any new sources I get my hands on.

But truth is that I'm just not particularly interested in post 2000 shows in general. So any help on filling those details in would be fantastic.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #40
grape
Pledge

34 built the code and ran the server for spfc, but he had editors making updates with their own logins. There was one person in charge of lyrics, one person on tour updates, etc. Some of my tabs are up there.

Anyway they're all nearing or past 40 and have jobs and probably families and children. Spending weekends updating those things today is probably the last thing anyone wants to do. He should just find some 15 year old kids with nothing but time on their hands and let them do it. That's how the fan content was supported back when it all started, people young enough to be that enthused about such nerdery.

Old 05-04-2020, 11:05 AM   #41
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape View Post
Anyway they're all nearing or past 40 and have jobs and probably families and children. Spending weekends updating those things today is probably the last thing anyone wants to do. He should just find some 15 year old kids with nothing but time on their hands and let them do it. That's how the fan content was supported back when it all started, people young enough to be that enthused about such nerdery.
#nerdalert

Old 05-07-2020, 11:54 PM   #42
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

I have a new Pumpkins website just sitting in a can, people have told me it's my best work, but I don't think I'm ever going to share it.

Really though we need to jump off this sinking ship and create a Discord server like all the cool kids are doing... while we still can.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:08 AM   #43
Disco King
Minion of Satan

You mean… one that doesn't exclude ppl?

Old 05-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #44
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

you say that as if you've been excluded from a certain server

we all know that's not true, Donkey Kong

Old 05-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #45
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

but anyway

Old 05-15-2020, 12:48 AM   #46
Shallowed
Braindead

Talking

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashingPum...hing_pumpkins/

Quote:
New wiki for The Smashing Pumpkins

Hello fellow Pumpkinheads! Two years ago there was a discussion about starting a wiki. Welp, it's here!

Presenting SPCodex: https://spcodex.wiki

Come join us! You can edit anything you'd like. It's a wiki, and it's our wiki. If you see wrong information, fix it. If you missing information, add it. Be bold and edit mercilessly!

Think of it as SPFC meets Wikipedia. It isn't meant to replace either, just brings the best of both worlds into one site. We even received the blessing of WPC himself (I talked with him on Instagram). We were hoping for a proper collaboration with legal clearances, but not surprisingly it didn't work out. But he did say he was very fond of the idea and appreciates our work

Hope to see you on the wiki!
Quote:
WPC just posted on his story about this wiki. Said it was not approved by him before hand 😬
Quote:
Well, he's right. Basically he told me the same thing, that he appreciates the effort and is fond of the wiki concept. Later I had something to show, and he said the site would need to be on his servers for it to be official. I told him this is totally doable. In the end it was mutually clear a proper collaboration wasn't going to happen, so I went with it. In my last message I asked for feedback once more, and he replied simply with "Cool". I didn't take that to mean anything except "do your thing", heh. I just hope I didn't upset him... I never claimed it to be official! Maybe someone asked him about it thinking it was.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #47
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

oops, tried quoting the bottom quote with a

Old 05-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #48
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 05-15-2020, 09:11 AM   #49
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 09-17-2020, 06:35 PM   #50
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape View Post
34 built the code and ran the server for spfc, but he had editors making updates with their own logins. There was one person in charge of lyrics, one person on tour updates, etc. Some of my tabs are up there.

I built much of the SPLRA recording database when I was 15

It's hard to find time for this now that I have a real life, but still fun sometimes

Old 09-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #51
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

redbreegull

Old 09-17-2020, 08:09 PM   #52
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
redbreegull
never mess with a ___
he/she/it will ___ your ___

Old 12-09-2020, 11:55 AM   #53
jpflori
Pledge

I'm now 36 and dying, just like B0lly, except i'm a nerd.