Socialphobic

baseball sucks

Old 03-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopryn View Post
no one cares
Hey thanks for taking the time in between Crosby blow jobs to post!

Old 03-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan View Post
baseball sucks
Should be outlawed.

the biggest baseball fans on this board are also the biggest pair of materialist shitheaded dicks. I mean there's no coincidence there. every serious male baseball fan i know is a goddamn asshole.

Unfortunately, chicks like baseball more than any other sport.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

I'd much rather be watching soccer all summer but I have to deal with hearing about the latest game between the brewers and the cardinals, one of 162. as if any of them matter. It's hilarious, the mets play a whole season in first place and then lose most of their games in september and it's all erased. Like...what the fuck is the point of the games from april-august? it's just an excuse for frat guys to go out and drink beer and slap ass.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
it's just an excuse for frat guys to go out and drink beer and slap ass.
mmmmmm.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Brendan's off his meds again.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
Kahlo

I'd rather play baseball than watch it. Like cricket it seems pretty boring to watch

Old 03-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
Brendan's off his meds again.
I don't have any meds, genius. Can't afford them.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #11
neopryn
let's see your penis!

you don't need to be off meds to realize that a sport where 2 teams have first dibs on all the players sucks.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

Even if i wasn't feeling shitty today i'd still say the same damn thing. i say the same damn thing every year.

And it's funny how 90% of the baseball fans on netphoria are either red sox or yankees fans. And the majority of the rest like the Cubs. Makes you wonder who gives a shit about baseball in the rest of the country. Teams like the Royals make money off of guys like D who don't give a shit or know anything about baseball but will go to the game because it's something "fun" to do outside. I mean seriously, the sport is a joke.

Who is a serious fan on this board of a team that's not the Red Sox, Yanks, or Cubs? Really. And I'm not talking about you fucks that live in the city of a team that's winning. Like those Bears fans that cropped up out of nowhere in December two years ago

Oh Wayne likes the Mets. There you go. Another NYC team. I forgot who Esty likes, White Sox I guess. All he does is complain about the cubs but that basically means he's a cubs fan.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 03-25-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Pittsburgh should use that $40+ million they're given each year on players who don't suck and not just put back into the owners' pockets.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #14
Trotskilicious
Banned

Yeah but why would they, they make a profit because there's 82 games a year.

What's the big bottom line prize of actually investing in a baseball team? I mean why in the fuck does Toronto even try to be competitive? I mean the Devil Rays and the Os can see the writing on the wall.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #15
MonteLDS
*sigh*

"On the 9th day God created shame"

must of been because he created baseball.. what a boring sport

Old 03-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #16
Trotskilicious
Banned

haha on point monte wow

Old 03-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #17
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

It should be to win firstly and make money secondly. If you win, you'll make more money.

I understand why you hate baseball (and you let it be known in every goddamn baseball thread) so you can really stop the repost each time one is made.

Your thoughts on baseball are identical to mine on the NBA regular season. They let every team in the playoffs, seed so better teams won't make them in the West yet absolutely shit-poor teams will be five and six seeds in the East and have the most bullshit roster rules in American sports (hello Keith Van Horn!).

Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
Trotskilicious
Banned

Yeah basketball has it's problems, I won't deny. Season needs to be cut in half, should be 12 teams in the playoffs and they should probably think about taking the top 12 regardless of conference but still, how on earth can a baseball fan justify a 162 game season when he complains about the length of the NBA season? Like seriously, that doesn't make your point stronger.

Basketball is tremendously entertaining, still. And there are way more serious title contenders than the short list of four that baseball seems to have every single year.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #19
Shapan
Socialphobic

the shit 6th team out east just won in boston and detroit over the past couple of weeks

and yeah, i have no idea how a baseball fan can complain about the nba's season length with how long the mlb's season is

every first round series sans the celts and piston matchups will be very good this year

Old 03-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #20
Trotskilicious
Banned

THis has been the best season of basketball in some time, too. Easily. So many talented teams, and it's only gonna get better, the college tournament has been phenomenal and the freshman talent is unbelievable. And the talent coming from the rest of the world is only going to impact the league positively.

Eventually Milwaukee will get good too. I mean...shit they have to right?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #21
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

They're different sports, you can't really compare season length against each other. They should cut the MLB season down to 140 or so, especially since four teams now make the playoffs in each league.

Baseball lasts from late March to late October (seven or so months). Basketball lasts mid October to late May or even early June sometimes (seven or so months). Hockey lasts October to mid May (again, seven or so months). Even given the doubled schedule, the season is the same as basketball and hockey. That argument's kinda moot, don't you think?

Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #22
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
THis has been the best season of basketball in some time, too. Easily. So many talented teams, and it's only gonna get better, the college tournament has been phenomenal and the freshman talent is unbelievable. And the talent coming from the rest of the world is only going to impact the league positively.

Eventually Milwaukee will get good too. I mean...shit they have to right?
I hate the NBA rule where players must go to college for a year. That's bullshit and hurts the college game, I believe. Kansas State gets a rental player, goes to the tournament and doesn't get out of the first weekend. Next year they might win 15 games.

It hurts the 'integrity' of collegiate athletics forcing kids to play a level they don't need or want to participate in.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #23
noyen
Immortal

the female baseball fans here seem even more into it, but they dont seem like assholes. maybe you hate testosterone trots? baseball isnt so bad. atleast it is a real game. unlike american football. didnt you play baseball growing up as a kid? i hate sports and sports fans though. i cant stand around with a pbr and talk shop with fans. i know more about fabric than i do sports.

i want a pony.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #24
Nate the Grate
Minion of Satan

Baseball is awesome.

Yes, I too wish that baseball didn't have a bunch of greedy owners that aren't willing to field competitive teams. I have to get to class, but the big problem is that many owners realize that mediocrity (or, just good enough to look competitive) is more profitable than sinking a bunch of money in a team that may or may not win. Not winning + big payroll = not profitable. Winning + big payroll = profitable. Not winning + small payroll = profitable/break even. Winning + small payroll = really hard.

Where's that article from last year about how the owners of the Pirates are continually fielding crappy teams to sustain a core of diehard fans (who aren't going anywhere) instead of putting a good team on the field that disappoints people? It was pretty good... anyways, paging the owners of the Reds... sack the fuck up. Same goes for you, Twins owners.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #25
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I only really follow baseball and football. I would try following basketball and hockey but I have a genetic disposition to root for teams from Philadelphia and can only take so much in one year.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #26
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Grate View Post
Baseball is awesome.
Says the Red Sox fan.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #27
Shapan
Socialphobic

by the way stern is looking to change the age to join the league to 20, meaning college students will have to stay a couple of years before bolting.

even with all the hangups the mlb has, baseball just feels a lot slower than football or basketball. it doesn't grab me like those sports do. i know there's all this stuff that can happen and it's an intellectual game and all that, but unless its playoff time, it just feels like im waiting for something to happen and end up feeling underwhelmed.

i was ridiculously into my school's run in college baseball last summer, though. but that was during the college world series, and those were some really close games.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale blue eyes View Post
I only really follow baseball and football. I would try following basketball and hockey but I have a genetic disposition to root for teams from Philadelphia and can only take so much in one year.
I was proud of Philly for giving Iverson the ovation they did. He was almost to tears. It was awesome.

I think the Sixers could improve themselves, I think they have some solid role players but they need a star. Iguodala I don't think is it. He's a reliable secondary scorer though.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan View Post
by the way stern is looking to change the age to join the league to 20, meaning college students will have to stay a couple of years before bolting.
He's a year late, for me. I don't think anyone could really hang with Texas other than UCLA, Kansas and UNC if they still had Durant. And shit they've beaten two of those teams already this year. FUck, they'd probably be by far the best team in the whole country if Durant was still playing for them.

Shit, if LaMarcus Aldridge and Boobie Gibson stayed a year and played with Durant they could be defending national champs this year.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #30
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Thumbs up

Quote:
I was proud of Philly for giving Iverson the ovation they did. He was almost to tears. It was awesome.
I was pleasantly surprised. I think both are better off without each other and, for once, most people here realized that and did not shit on him when he came back.