Ram27
dumb

Old 01-07-2016, 06:23 PM   #452
sjpaterra
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
lol

I stand by what I said. He doesn't play music... That was awful. And not because the poor kid is trying but because that poor kid thinks his drumming is worthy of a national audience... *sigh* just another symptom of the on-going trend of lowering standards.

That kind of drum performance used to be exceptional if you were 12 at your local neighborhood suburban music school. But come on, JB couldn't swing if his life depended on it.

If a drummer doesn't AT LEAST have mitch mitchell chops, the only time he's worth is more time in the practice room

Old 01-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #453
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaterra View Post
if musicians like phil lesh or neil young have made millions of dollars playing music then i'm more than ok with the POSSIBILITY that a musician/artist CAN make millions of dollars.

Does justin bieber "deserve" millions? no. But he also doesn't play music so it's kind of relative

I'm cool with john paul jones being a millionaire... i hate mike bern
I don't care who the musician is, no one "deserves" millions of dollars for playing music, it makes no difference if the artist is Bieber or Led Zeppelin. I know this is not how the world works. I'm just saying I can't feel bad for a sub-professional par musician who was given an amazing and extremely unlikely opportunity to do something virtually no one his age is able to do and only walk away with a few hundred thousand dollars

Old 01-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #454
sjpaterra
Ownz

John Lennon did more for the world than most entrepreneurs and business leaders. I'm glad he had millions of dollars. People who work corporate positions at financi institutions or people responsible for the sale and manufacturing of garbage from the bones of a dying planet should NEVER get a million bucks. Your daddy with a job at the ad agency should never have a 6-figure salary.

An artist? Yeah. Just about the only people worth giving millions of dollars to. I don't see cheap shoes changing the world. Or mutual funds. Or whatever.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #455
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I would give money to orthodox monks so that they might pray for the salvation of my immortal soul
in the shadowed labyrinthine crypts of an eldritch monastery.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #456
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

We all know the reason why you would pay orthodox monks