Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #211
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
yeah just the way you said it sounded like her.
next time i'll pepper my compassion speech with a few "fucks" to avoid that

Old 01-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #212
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
sppunk, it's really annoying when people try to sound authoritative and then refuse to offer anything to back up what they are saying.

it's also annoying when they close a thread or change it's name just because they don't happen to believe it. Netphoria's a fucking police state.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #213
MonteLDS
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo View Post
it's also annoying when they close a thread or change it's name just because they don't happen to believe it. Netphoria's a fucking police state.
admins sometimes go too far. if they wanted to edit the title they should of put a question mark there instead...

thumbs down to the admins..

Old 01-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #214
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

poor guy

Old 01-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #215
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteLDS View Post
admins sometimes go too far. if they wanted to edit the title they should of put a question mark there instead...

thumbs down to the admins..
The title was changed 3 times. Isn't SPPUNK some kind of reporter? wow I"d be embarrassed.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #216
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
yeah this type of thing doesn't bother me too much.

but if i had my way, admins/mods would do nothing aside from banning people who flood the board. rules suck.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #217
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
The title was changed 3 times. Isn't SPPUNK some kind of reporter? wow I"d be embarrassed.
yeah i thought i was just misremembering...but didn't it say "false, but it's still fun to pretend" yesterday?

Old 01-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #218
skipgo
Minion of Satan

yeah, it was changed again.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #219
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
yeah this type of thing doesn't bother me too much.

but if i had my way, admins/mods would do nothing aside from banning people who flood the board. rules suck.

the title change doesn't bother me so much as this thread getting closed briefly last night (though i guess it doesn't matter since it was reopened). But it's like that song a day thread getting closed, that was just because it annoyed him. People strayed off topic a lot, but always went right back to talking about the pumpkins, which i thought was what this board was supposed to be about. My theory is that all the mods besides corganist hate the pumpkins now and also hate everyone (or most everyone) who post on the sp board, and they let their personal feelings dictate how they moderate the board. A mod should be impartial and just enforce the rules.
i mean, i'm all for having them come on here and tell us all to fuck off if they feel like it, but censoring a topic that people want to talk about, that's about the band or the members of the band, is going overboard.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #220
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Where's Zwanphoria when you need it?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #221
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
robert, there aren't rules anywhere that say you shouldn't make these kind of jokes, but it's certainly not a bad thing to have compassion for people. I think britney is a trainwreck, but i don't make jokes even about her. Some people prefer to draw the line at stuff like that.
I have compassion.

In the only post I've written in this thread I only made a joke about how "bad" Zeitgeist is (even though I listen to it pretty often and actually like it a lot... well at least the first 5 tracks) and related it to the topic of this thread. I didn't make fun of Billy Dale directly, just his drug use, which is something people joke about all the time, especially on the internet.

I respect him as the father of a good musician and a pretty good musician himself (from what I've seen of his blues stuff). I don't respect his drug use, however.

If he were dead, I wouldn't even post in the thread.

Seeing as he's just got himself in jail, he's just like my alcoholic brother, who I make fun of frequently for his addiction and for ending up in jail more times than I can remember, or count on both hands.

I also said in my original post that it sucks that it seems like shit is hitting the fan with Billy's "family" since the Pumpkins came back (Jimmy's heart, Billy Dale's heroin). So I definitely feel for the guy.

All's I'm sayin' is I draw the line a little higher because I have experienced similar stuff. But I do have compassion.

hugz?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #222
skipgo
Minion of Satan

complaints about mods aside, why do you think no one has caught onto the fact that billy's dad was arrested? it doesn't mention it in the article, but i guess it wasn't obvious to the people reporting it because really, why would it be? By now though, I would've thought a music news site would've heard about it. Usually the media jumps all over an opportunity like this one.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #223
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xezton View Post
I have compassion.

In the only post I've written in this thread I only made a joke about how "bad" Zeitgeist is (even though I listen to it pretty often and actually like it a lot... well at least the first 5 tracks) and related it to the topic of this thread. I didn't make fun of Billy Dale directly, just his drug use, which is something people joke about all the time, especially on the internet.

I respect him as the father of a good musician and a pretty good musician himself (from what I've seen of his blues stuff). I don't respect his drug use, however.

If he were dead, I wouldn't even post in the thread.

Seeing as he's just got himself in jail, he's just like my alcoholic brother, who I make fun of frequently for his addiction and for ending up in jail more times than I can remember, or count on both hands.

I also said in my original post that it sucks that it seems like shit is hitting the fan with Billy's "family" since the Pumpkins came back (Jimmy's heart, Billy Dale's heroin). So I definitely feel for the guy.

All's I'm sayin' is I draw the line a little higher because I have experienced similar stuff. But I do have compassion.

hugz?
hugz.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #224
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
complaints about mods aside, why do you think no one has caught onto the fact that billy's dad was arrested? it doesn't mention it in the article, but i guess it wasn't obvious to the people reporting it because really, why would it be? By now though, I would've thought a music news site would've heard about it. Usually the media jumps all over an opportunity like this one.
no one cares about Billy plus most music web sites would draw the line at this. I really don't see Pitchfork running this kind of gossip article.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #225
Eulogy
huh

Quote:

Seeing as he's just got himself in jail, he's just like my alcoholic brother, who I make fun of frequently for his addiction
thank god you're not my brother.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #226
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
the title change doesn't bother me so much as this thread getting closed briefly last night (though i guess it doesn't matter since it was reopened). But it's like that song a day thread getting closed, that was just because it annoyed him. People strayed off topic a lot, but always went right back to talking about the pumpkins, which i thought was what this board was supposed to be about. My theory is that all the mods besides corganist hate the pumpkins now and also hate everyone (or most everyone) who post on the sp board, and they let their personal feelings dictate how they moderate the board. A mod should be impartial and just enforce the rules.
i mean, i'm all for having them come on here and tell us all to fuck off if they feel like it, but censoring a topic that people want to talk about, that's about the band or the members of the band, is going overboard.
Never was this thread meant to be closed. I changed the title because this isn't definitely his father (and we're claiming it is, which I didn't believe at first but do now).

Regarding your other thread, for three pages people were talking about rep. It was a plus-one thread which has always been against Andrew's policies.

This board is one of the least-moderated music sites around.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #227
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
Never was this thread meant to be closed. I changed the title because this isn't definitely his father (and we're claiming it is, which I didn't believe at first but do now).

Regarding your other thread, for three pages people were talking about rep. It was a plus-one thread which has always been against Andrew's policies.

The why is the title "It's false"?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #228
skipgo
Minion of Satan

just for the record, that wasn't my thread. i don't know why t&t put my name in the title.
what's a "plus-one" thread?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #229
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
hugz.
(check ur pms)

Quote:
thank god you're not my brother.
Yeah I know. The last thing I need is another alcoholic in my family.

ZZZINNG

Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #230
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
no one cares about Billy plus most music web sites would draw the line at this. I really don't see Pitchfork running this kind of gossip article.
you could be right about this.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #231
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
I think he means like.. when you post a bunch of stuff that is unrelated to the context of the thread just to increase your post count by one.

(I'm by no means trying to insinuate that's what you were doing, just defining it for yas. I liked that thread.)

Old 01-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #232
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i don't even know what to think about this. i hope he's getting help.

and just for clarity, i believe billy's brother lives in coconut creek, which is the next town over from me. no idea about billy sr.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #233
mccririck
Apocalyptic Poster

What was he doing cooking up heroin in his fucking car with the engine running? Who does he think he is, John Travolta?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #234
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I think he means like.. when you post a bunch of stuff that is unrelated to the context of the thread just to increase your post count by one.

(I'm by no means trying to insinuate that's what you were doing, just defining it for yas. I liked that thread.)
oh, okay.
funny enough, i'm actually a little embarrassed that my post count is so high (thanks a lot, elvis). I admire the restraint some people show around here. I'm not so good at showing it myself.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #235
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

I DON'T GIVE A SHEEEEEIT!

Old 01-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #236
skipgo
Minion of Satan

good morning (er, afternoon) joe.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #237
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post

Quote:
just for the record, that wasn't my thread. i don't know why t&t put my name in the title.
Quote:
(check ur pms)

Yeah I know. The last thing I need is another alcoholic in my family.

ZZZINNG
Quote:
you could be right about this.
Quote:

Quote:
oh, okay.
funny enough, i'm actually a little embarrassed that my post count is so high (thanks a lot, elvis). I admire the restraint some people show around here. I'm not so good at showing it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermcphilp View Post
I DON'T GIVE A SHEEEEEIT!
Quote:

Maybe we should focus on Billy Dale now so this thread doesn't close too.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #238
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
... if false. As in, even if this turns out not to be Corgan's dad speculation is definitely warranted.

And, I have never been a reporter except during some old school college days.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #239
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:
good afternoon to you too! how are things?

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/...rHopscotch.gif

Old 01-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #240
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i don't even know what to think about this. i hope he's getting help.

and just for clarity, i believe billy's brother lives in coconut creek, which is the next town over from me. no idea about billy sr.
i'm glad you are here reprise! we needed a florida authority!!!

i'm pretty much over the song a day thread getting closed- even though it stayed on topic for most of it. this site/board has been open for a long time AND I AM NOT CLAIMING TO BE A PART OF IT FOR LONG OR ANYTHING, but i guess bullshitting and threads taking on a life of their own HAS to be expected.
and about it being a therad for people to increase their post counts, i don't give a fuck about my count.

(whatever maybe we should go over to fall out boys board and talk about how hot pete wentz is or something with a bunch of 12 year olds.)

as for finding out if this is his dad or not... billy's pretty private and i don't see him making a statement on it. it's not directly related to the band.