Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #181
JasonsTJ
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern
I just don't believe a band with that much equipment would walk out of their rehearsal space without locking up.

any of you in bands ever done that?
According to the original post, there were several rooms in the 'studio' which were all locked. The only unlocked door 'thisistheend' was able to find was the door to a small lounge where they found the pictures laying around and decided to steal them. So as far as we know, all the equipment *was* locked up.

Edit: fuck, beaten

Old 05-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #182
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel
Possibly, yeah. But a few things:

-The door was just... unlocked? I mean, come on. The thisistheend rented out the room for the sole purpose of checking stuff out, and then the door just coincidently and conveniently happens to be unlocked. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment, irreplaceable guitars, and the door's just unlocked.

-Why would they have photos for album artwork in the rehearsal studio, just scattered around like that?

-The album is set to be released in 8 weeks, and the artwork isn't figured out yet?

point 1 - check caube walker's post above
point 2 - "hey ginger, jeff.. check these out.. neat, huh? *idiotic bill grin*
point 3 - i don't think we have enough information to know that either way

Old 05-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #183
benjamin619
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel
Possibly, yeah. But a few things:

-The door was just... unlocked? I mean, come on. The thisistheend rented out the room for the sole purpose of checking stuff out, and then the door just coincidently and conveniently happens to be unlocked. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment, irreplaceable guitars, and the door's just unlocked.

-Why would they have photos for album artwork in the rehearsal studio, just scattered around like that?

-The album is set to be released in 8 weeks, and the artwork isn't figured out yet?
he first recorded some songs, then later went upstairs when he heard the band recording. he listened to the rehearsal. later, all the doors on the pumpkins floor were locked except for one marked lounge, where the photos were.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #184
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeyes
That's a horrible moral generalisation. In this particular instance it was wrong, and he is/was aware that the consequences of his actions would harm the band (which makes his action morally irresponsible). I suppose you would call a 2 year old child who picked up a fruit unwittingly from a grocers store wrong and despicable. Or maybe people who steal food from a tyrant who starves them for his pleasure?

That's unneccessarily heavy-handed. I think it was dumb for the dude to steal the pictures...legally, I guess, he did steal them. I'd be a little pissed if I were Billy and Co. but going after the guy for stealing some shitty photocopies that very few people care enough about to view them, is really too much. And if the idea is that litigation is going to keep these pictures from going any further, wake up, it's the fuckin' internet. They're not going anywhere now.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #185
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncrashesdown
That's unneccessarily heavy-handed. I think it was dumb for the dude to steal the pictures...legally, I guess, he did steal them. I'd be a little pissed if I were Billy and Co. but going after the guy for stealing some shitty photocopies that very few people care enough about to view them, is really too much.
that's not the point. i'd be pissed too if someone took shit that i was working on and showed everyone before i was ready to unveil it. it's just fucking rude.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #186
omegadown3
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin619
honestly, dude stole 4 low-grade photocopies from an unlocked room and posted them on the internet to the amusement of maybe 500 fans. not a serious issue by any means. what statutory damages would he pay anyway? the shit isn't worth anything and he didn't make anything from it.
I think it was implied that more photos than just the four were stolen... I would estimate that more than 500 people will end up seeing these pictures out of context... you've already got people making judgement calls on the quality of the album based on this art... if you had seen the strange booklet art from Mellon Collie, would you have been quite as intrigued without having heard the album? Stealing is pretty immoral also...

Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #187
severin
no more than sympathy

Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #188
morecowbell
Ownz

Quote:
That's unneccessarily heavy-handed. I think it was dumb for the dude to steal the pictures...legally, I guess, he did steal them. I'd be a little pissed if I were Billy and Co. but going after the guy for stealing some shitty photocopies that very few people care enough about to view them, is really too much.
yeah. it was just funny last night.

now it's getting boring and ridiculous.

they're just pictures, it's not that big a deal. i can't even find them with google.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #189
JasonsTJ
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin619
he first recorded some songs, then later went upstairs when he heard the band recording. he listened to the rehearsal. later, all the doors on the pumpkins floor were locked except for one marked lounge, where the photos were.
That's not what he said (although of course I have no proof that that isn't what happened). What he said was that they rented the studio with hopes of eavesdropping on the Pumpkins. He did mention that he did have some recording work he was going to do as a back up plan in case they were unable to hear the Pumpkins. So his intention all along was to sneak upstairs.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #190
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker
that's not the point. i'd be pissed too if someone took shit that i was working on and showed everyone before i was ready to unveil it. it's just fucking rude.
I totally agree with you there. I would actually be worried less about the theft itself though, and more that the guy was crazy enough to try and go up into the practice space to begin with.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #191
MusicMan4

btw these pictures have made it to media outlets now (i made sure of that )
so the band might as well pack it in on this issue

Welcome to the digital age, Billy!!

fu _|_ _|_

- GrAvEfLoWeR

Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #192
Caine Walker
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsTJ
That's not what he said (although of course I have no proof that that isn't what happened). What he said was that they rented the studio with hopes of eavesdropping on the Pumpkins. So his intention all along was to sneak upstairs.
that's what i said.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #193
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

the dude should be charged. he robbed them. he planned it out and committed the crime then bragged about it on the internet. he is an idiot who deserves to the consequences merely because he handled himself so poorly. would i have done something similar if given the chance? maybe. but i can tell you for sure i wouldnt have given a detailed account of the crime with evidence of the burglary and posted it here of all places. dude shouldve been satisfied with getting to hear the band and making off with some cool pics.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #194
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
originally posted by whatcolor:

the facility itself is locked down as far as i've heard. you need a passcode to get inside.
that's per usual for any lockout rehearsal spot...but that security never gaurantee's other bands fucking with other bands and every band in existance knows this.

I mean, SP goes through a logistical ploy to be secure by renting out an entire floor and then forgets to lock up?

it's possible I suppose...but...not likely. period.

I remember the buzz on Coachella '06 and I believe I called that one from the outset...and got a thread deleted from here as a result...i figured I was spot on with my assessment the buzz was band created and heard some info months later that appeared to be the case.

i think it's fine and completely within the rules of Rock n roll in this internet age if indeed the entire thing is a hoax. If the band actually left their rehearsal unlocked and the band in question is the Smashing Pumpkins, they have a right to be pissed but they shouldn't be surprised.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #195
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
I totally agree with you there. I would actually be worried less about the theft itself though, and more that the guy was crazy enough to try and go up into the practice space to begin with.
why? i went up there. but i didn't fucking steal anything. and believe me, i COULD'VE.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #196
benjamin619
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadown3
I think it was implied that more photos than just the four were stolen... I would estimate that more than 500 people will end up seeing these pictures out of context... you've already got people making judgement calls on the quality of the album based on this art... if you had seen the strange booklet art from Mellon Collie, would you have been quite as intrigued without having heard the album? Stealing is pretty immoral also...
shut up linda

Old 05-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #197
I Ate My Hamster
Apocalyptic Poster

Isn't this a Two Gallants board?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #198
wHATcOLOR

that's actually a really good point

Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #199
Caine Walker
Braindead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
dude shouldve been satisfied with getting to hear the band and making off with some cool pics.
this is all i'm sayin'. i got really lucky to hear what i did, and even though my pictures were shitty it was still the biggest thrill i've had in a while to be able to have that.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #200
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

del

Old 05-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #201
JasonsTJ
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
why? i went up there. but i didn't fucking steal anything. and believe me, i COULD'VE.
So? You were up there with thisistheend, you knew he was taking stuff and you made no effort to stop him (in fact, I would venture to say you were probably encouraging him). I can believe you when you say you meant no harm, but this makes you no less guilty in my mind.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #202
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR
i highly doubt that. more likely the pictures were indeed stolen, the band did indeed try to put the lid on it, quinto made a moronic post and got torn to shreds, quinto/the band looked bad and requested that pakula intercede, he did, and as part of the course over the 'requesting pakula to intercede', bill dropped that worthless little bit in there to make him more receptive
or quinto did.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #203
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

So.... whose gonna watch the Paris Hilton sex tape to get stoked for Zeitgeist?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #204
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream
or quinto did.

good call, that's even more likely

Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #205
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
So? You were up there with thisistheend, you knew he was taking stuff and you made no effort to stop him (in fact, I would venture to say you were probably encouraging him). I can believe you when you say you meant no harm, but this makes you no less guilty in my mind.

well that's a stupid conclusion to come to. what are you, a spy?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #206
suncrashesdown
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I should have been more specific...I don't think it's crazy to go up there and try to hear them. I wanted to. The crazy thing is to go up to the practice space without the moral compass that says "I will get in trouble for this" when you take shit laying around that is clearly not yours. Those kind of people are probably more likely to do really genuinely damaging things when given the opportunity. Not saying thisistheend was some sort of terrible psychopath, but who knows?

Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #207
JasonsTJ
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
well that's a stupid conclusion to come to. what are you, a spy?
No, I'm just normal...which is a rare thing on this board, I know

Old 05-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #208
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

Quote:
No, I'm just normal...which is a rare thing on this board, I know
you're a fucking idiot, is what you are.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #209
better than new
Apocalyptic Poster

This is obviously some sort of joke.. first show is in paris... paris hilton with a mushroom cloud.

bada cha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #210
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:

lol i was not, i repeat NOT with that fucking idiot. i don't even know who he is.

encouraging him? have you read any of my posts? i'm done with you.