Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #691
enthusaroo
Ownz

There will be different versions of Solara for .99 cents each. You can collect all the mp3s!

Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #692
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
There will be different versions of Solara for .99 cents each. You can collect all the mp3s!
I'll download each different version to a different colour usb stick and it can feel like 2007 all over again

Old 06-11-2018, 11:39 PM   #693
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
the kills are playing in kragujevac (40 km from where I am) on the 21th, one day after I leave for Israel.

this disappoints me greatly.
I saw them back in like 2009 at ACL

About 1/4th the set was them complaining about the heat

Pretty good tho

Old 06-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #694
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy on Stern is always bad news. He always comes off like an asshole because Stern makes him feel vindicated.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:32 AM   #695
fuzzyroes
Braindead

Yeah, Stern always seems to kiss his ass. He's great at getting out a lot of dirt though. It should be fun!

Old 06-12-2018, 12:43 AM   #696
johncg
Ownz

Stern: wow Billy you’re so smart and so right about everything ever

Billy: drunk on approval, spills everything

Old 06-12-2018, 09:49 AM   #697
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Iha - comparison (studio vs live):

Old 06-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #698
brothahi4L
Demi-God

Come on. Billys vocals became really boring. No life feeling emotions in them. Drown his fucking horrible voice in the mix or reverb- either u love or hate his voice, but so dry and up front its a pain in the ass

Old 06-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #699
brothahi4L
Demi-God

This tv pwrformance of billy is embarrassing. What a shitty singer he became or always was. Is so obvious

Old 06-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #700
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

The jerks doing the Smashing Pumpkins Twitter account linked this post to the ACTOR Jeff Schroeder...:

Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #701
bigoltitties
Pledge

With James (Iha, original guitarist) and Jimmy (Chamberlin, drummer) back in the band have the old band dynamics and working methods returned also ?
No! And I wouldn’t want them to (laughs)! The way we used to live and work was exhausting. Ultimately it was very unhealthy and unsustainable. With Solara I had Jeff record the guitars, I recorded the vocals, Jimmy came in and did the drums in one take. It took half a day, in the old days it would’ve taken weeks. We’re all professionals, we don’t need to spend weeks jamming and developing songs. We can come back to them. We have what Jimmy calls a “RERO model”. That’s release early, release often.

That’s a software development methodology right?

Right. Jimmy works with internet startups and we’re adopting some of what works there. The idea is MaaS, remember that because in a few years everyone will be saying it and I invented it. It’s music as a service, not music delivery but the actual music. We released [Solara] as soon as we possibly could and we’re really monitoring the KPIs and learning from them. In any other industry if the users don’t like something then that’s a problem, it’s a bug and you release a fix. So if people are saying something’s mastered too hot or needs a guitar solo or whatever we can release a 1.1 and 1.2 and so forth. It’s common sense really, I had a real lightbulb moment with this, but we’re the absolute first in this sector to do it.

So there’ll be a Solara 1.1?

Definitely. We’re still working on a way to get all of the feedback from everywhere converted into actionable data but yes there’ll probably be a few versions before we get it right. From what I’ve read people would like some tweaks to the mix and a denser arrangement. I kept version 1 very simple so that we could build on it based on user feedback, so it’s going to be really interesting to see where that takes the song. Ultimately with Solara we’re trying to learn what people want from a Smashing Pumpkins song in 2018. Once we’ve done a few iterations and the fans are happy we’re going to look at releasing the EPs.

If they are serious about this they would use that mailing list they have and email each fan. They just need to insert a short survey like the following and they could collate the data easily. If they are serious about it. But I doubt that somehow.

https://phorest.typeform.com/to/crS3Q3

Old 06-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #702
brothahi4L
Demi-God

A shitty song stays a shitty song no matter how u mix it or arrange it. Solara is a catastrophe

Old 06-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #703
incubator
Demi-God

That’s a very old fashioned approach. They could run all of netphoria through eg Amazon Comprehend and would get detailed statistics on what sucks about the smashing pumpkins it’d take 5 minutes

Old 06-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #704
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoltitties View Post
With James (Iha, original guitarist) and Jimmy (Chamberlin, drummer) back in the band have the old band dynamics and working methods returned also ?
No! And I wouldn’t want them to (laughs)! The way we used to live and work was exhausting. Ultimately it was very unhealthy and unsustainable. With Solara I had Jeff record the guitars, I recorded the vocals, Jimmy came in and did the drums in one take. It took half a day, in the old days it would’ve taken weeks. We’re all professionals, we don’t need to spend weeks jamming and developing songs. We can come back to them. We have what Jimmy calls a “RERO model”. That’s release early, release often.

Right. Jimmy works with internet startups and we’re adopting some of what works there. The idea is MaaS, remember that because in a few years everyone will be saying it and I invented it. It’s music as a service, not music delivery but the actual music. We released [Solara] as soon as we possibly could and we’re really monitoring the KPIs and learning from them. In any other industry if the users don’t like something then that’s a problem, it’s a bug and you release a fix. So if people are saying something’s mastered too hot or needs a guitar solo or whatever we can release a 1.1 and 1.2 and so forth. It’s common sense really, I had a real lightbulb moment with this, but we’re the absolute first in this sector to do it.

Definitely. We’re still working on a way to get all of the feedback from everywhere converted into actionable data but yes there’ll probably be a few versions before we get it right. From what I’ve read people would like some tweaks to the mix and a denser arrangement. I kept version 1 very simple so that we could build on it based on user feedback, so it’s going to be really interesting to see where that takes the song. Ultimately with Solara we’re trying to learn what people want from a Smashing Pumpkins song in 2018. Once we’ve done a few iterations and the fans are happy we’re going to look at releasing the EPs.

If they are serious about this they would use that mailing list they have and email each fan. They just need to insert a short survey like the following and they could collate the data easily. If they are serious about it. But I doubt that somehow.

Wait what? Where is all this from?

Old 06-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #705
myosis
Minion of Satan

from the incubator

Old 06-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #706
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Talking

It's inhabitant interview-inventor, incubator

Old 06-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #707
Elphenor
Braindead

lol smashing pumpkins songs by committee

Old 06-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #708
brothahi4L
Demi-God

Thats fake news, right.?

Old 06-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #709
eviltimeban
Demi-God

Whatever it is, it's a great idea.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #710
myosis
Minion of Satan

it would be groundbreaking

Old 06-13-2018, 10:38 PM   #711
Elphenor
Braindead

is this out yet

Old 06-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #712
russticles
Pledge

Ben Kweller loves it, made the effort to post on his IG and tag the band in (incl. Katie Cole Official!)
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj-KigLn...-by=benkweller

Old 06-14-2018, 12:29 AM   #713
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoltitties View Post

this truly is unreal and unfathomably pathetic.

i didn't think this band could evoke any emotional response whatsoever in me anymore, but wow.

jesus fucking christ.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:43 AM   #714
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

is this real

i can't even tell with Billy Corgan anymore

honest to god

Old 06-14-2018, 02:24 AM   #715
brothahi4L
Demi-God

Lol. The fallon performance was embarrassing really. Billy is rofl and iha doesnt save it at all. Compare this to any tv performance in the 90s and you see how lame this is

Old 06-14-2018, 02:26 AM   #716
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Don't be mental guys, no way is that real.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:04 AM   #717
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonUnicorns View Post
Don't be mental guys, no way is that real.
...says the unicorn.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:11 AM   #718
jakobtheliar
Pledge

Yeah but he or she is demon unicornz

Old 06-14-2018, 03:43 AM   #719
incubator
Demi-God

It’s 100% real and alternative nations will be publishing the full thing soon which has some more juicy titbits

Old 06-14-2018, 04:11 AM   #720
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 06-14-2018 at 04:19 AM.