Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 AM   #31
fuzzyroes
Banned

What's the whole purpose of this test man?

I haven't even heard anything about this until now.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:11 AM   #32
Shallowed
Braindead

To inflate his ego

Old 10-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #33
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
No it would be more than a pool of 8 people. I'm thinking maybe 20 people still post here regularly. It wouldn't be as large of a sample as several years ago. That's for sure.
how many you got so far

Old 10-12-2017, 01:22 AM   #34
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Old 10-12-2017, 01:41 AM   #35
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

This shit is bananas

Old 10-12-2017, 01:42 AM   #36
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Old 10-12-2017, 02:03 AM   #37
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

Quote:
the bottom line is reprise is wasting her time on here. I support her trying to get an education but she tries to befriend and reason with people on here and that's pointless. She should concentrate all of her energy on school and not any of it on socializing here.
So, we've got a woman who performs very well in school and just happens to enjoy conversing in an online community in her leisure time, being told that she must cease the latter activity in order to be successful in the former by a man who has attained neither academic success, nor experienced enjoyable conversation in any online community. And possibly not in any offline community, either.

Well, I don't know that for sure. Maybe he has enjoyed conversations. What is certain, however, is that the same could not be said about any other parties to these conversations.

I think that CW could really benefit from reflecting on this situation.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:33 AM   #38
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If we've already concluded that any would-be participant is a depraved nihilist wallowing in chaos, what are we actually testing for?

Old 10-12-2017, 02:57 AM   #39
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Singapore bannanas yummy?

Old 10-12-2017, 03:45 AM   #40
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
why exactly do you think people should invest time in taking this when you cant even invest enough time to make it self scoring
Quote:
I just don't agree with her. I'm not going to argue with her. It's not worth it. She's not an expert. I'm aware that it doesn't have validity yet. This field testing on here is just some of what's going to happen.
DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT SHE WROTE?

MAKE YOUR STUPID TEST SELF SCORING. IT WILL MAKE IT A THOUSAND TIMES MORE USERFRIENDLY.

THAT HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TEST ITSELF OR A CHILD PSYCHIATRIST.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #41
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 10-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #42
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
the bottom line is reprise is wasting her time on here. I support her trying to get an education but she tries to befriend and reason with people on here and that's pointless. She should concentrate all of her energy on school and not any of it on socializing here. I hope people see this tool as something that can actually be beneficial. Netphoria actually serves a purpose as test subjects. but not really for anything else. there is too much depravity and chaos and nihilism here.
yeah befriending people and socializing is completely pointless.

i love how you think netphoria has no purpose but you, in your beneficence, offer it a purpose with your completely unscientific, arational, pointless test that personifies all that people see as wrong with psychology

look, i'm not an expert in scientific research. but compared to you, i'm a savant. i've actually almost completed (in my last semester) an honors psychology degree, done research that contributed to publications in peer reviewed scientific journals, and learned about validity, reliability, statistics, and research methods. i'm writing an undergraduate honors thesis that will be 15,000 words. i'm not trying to brag whatsoever. what i've done doesn't qualify me to make any kind of test that has any merit or should be taken as a serious tool. that requires decades of research. you are delusional and i don't say that lightly. i don't think you should never work on this kind of thing and try to make something interesting. but to act like it is something serious that will revolutionalize psychology or make you any money is completely out of touch with reality.

having this conversation over and over with you is pointless and probably not healthy for me, so i'm done. i take this personally because it makes my field look like a complete joke. netphoria is not worthless and people here make positive connections with each other. it can also be unhealthy at times, like for example this entire thing. but it has been overwhelmingly a positive force in my life. you thinking you have some sort of expert knowledge of how i relate to netphoria and what is good or isn't good for me is, once again, offensive.

i wish you luck in all your endeavors except this one

Last edited by reprise85 : 10-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #43
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
All of that energy you are using getting pissed off and lashing out at me you could be using to be productive and take the test. You're wasting your time and accomplishing nothing.
hahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I love shitting on quizzes and tests.

my find of the hour, I will love this, no doubt

Create A Possum And We'll Reveal What Hogwarts House You Belong In

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ehoerst/bui...warts-h-33t5j?
great huh, I'm gonna accomplish that one!
ooh i got gryffindor

Old 10-12-2017, 09:36 AM   #44
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

same!

Old 10-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #45
Disco King
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/hYcYjBl.png

Old 10-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #46
FoolofaTook

I don't need to take that test. I already know House Slytherin is where I belong!

Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #47
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

you all went for super stylish overachiever possums or what
all alone in my Hufflepuff house, but glad to see we all achieved something...

Old 10-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #48
redbreegull

I don't even know how people end up in Hufflepuff. Theories I have heard is that they are stoners, or that they are just "kind" and have no greater defining features. Like a place to dump the kids who don't fit into the more ambitious houses

Old 10-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #49
redbreegull

personally I believe the Hat would let me choose between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw

Old 10-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #50
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
tl;dr catherine wheel turned out to be totally walnuts
https://media.giphy.com/media/Wce1rE...ized-large.gif

Old 10-12-2017, 06:10 PM   #51
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Field testing is my agenda and goal and has always been my agenda and goal. I want as many people here to take the test as possible. And post their scores. Like people on other forums have. Netphoria can actually serve a purpose. There can be structure and purpose here.
Quote:
the bottom line is reprise is wasting her time on here. I support her trying to get an education but she tries to befriend and reason with people on here and that's pointless. She should concentrate all of her energy on school and not any of it on socializing here. I hope people see this tool as something that can actually be beneficial. Netphoria actually serves a purpose as test subjects. but not really for anything else. there is too much depravity and chaos and nihilism here.
Maybe if you'd stop insulting people, they'd humor you and do you the favor of taking your stupid test. Or maybe try talking to the board rather than at them sometime.

Seriously. Why the fuck do you even post here? Just fuck off already. You constantly condescend to us, but you have nothing of substance to offer.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #52
redbreegull

there is no reason for any of us to humor his delusions even if he wasn't a huge asshole

Old 10-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #53
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
personally I believe the Hat would let me choose between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw
i'm definitely ravenclaw but hermoine should have been ravenclaw also

Old 10-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #54
redbreegull

it's not our abilities that define us, it is our choices etc., etc.

-professor gandalf

Old 10-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #55
myosis
Minion of Satan

your test is both useless and pointless.
regards,
gui

Old 10-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #56
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
i look at CW threads with the same expression on my face as feech la manna in the back over there

Old 10-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #57
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

i don't know what kind of threads i like better; the ones where you talk to yourself about Coldplay or The Killers or the ones where you try your utter best to reach others for your amateur paychology test and still fail to

I deleted your Chris Martin's mid-life crisis thread on the musici board by the way. There is only so much i can handle

Old 10-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #58
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Cool as ice cream I don't have the funds right now to build a self score test. So this pencil and paper is that all that I can offer.

I was hoping I could use netphoria as test subjects the same way I've used people on typology central and philosophy forums and Myers Briggs forums as test subjects. And I have gotten a few people here to take it. But netphoria is just a different environment and I should have been aware of that. People here don't take a lot seriously and kind of march to their own beat. People conduct themselves differently on those psychology forums.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #59
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I mean over the years netphoria has gained a reputation for being a place with a lot of snarky nihilistic assholish behavior so I should have taken note of that. It's not the right place for this type of thing. I've had no problem recruiting people on psychology and philosophy forums.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #60
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

you don't need funds. it's basic html. i did it when i was 11