Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #4951
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
tmi content warning

I'm getting into a weird emotionally complicated relationship with someone. Both of us knew that we had fairly fundamental incompatibilities going into it, and both of us have acknowledged that it's likely to end in heartbreak, especially for her.

Mainly that I am pOlYaMoRoUs and she is not, something that neither of us is willing to compromise on at the moment.

We're both mentally fucked in ways that seem to set each other off and confuse and upset each other.
In particular, she describes herself as being very sexually "vanilla".
On the other hand, since breaking up with my ex early last year, everyone I have slept with has introduced me to increasingly kinkier practices, to the point where even quite light bondage feels "vanilla" to me.
I always ask my partners if they have safe words.
She has never needed to use designated safe words and doesn't understand the necessity for them.
She got upset with me when I didn't seek or obtain consent to spoon her in the morning.

We're both radical leftists with lots of mutual friends in political groups. Which means we enthusiastically agree on about 90% of our strongly held beliefs and the other 10% are minor differences that we have more intense arguments about than we would with the average hapless conservative.

Soooo. That's kind of the benchmark for how much pressure to apply to the eggshells I sometimes find myself walking on.
Man take those eggshells and stomp em and make en eggshell shake and then pour it on each other! She’ll probably end up lovin it and bangin more dudes than u let alone mixing more shakes of eggs she’s not afraid of anymore

Old 11-24-2019, 06:39 PM   #4952
Disco King
Minion of Satan

A female friend I have was telling me about how she's upset that her boyfriend wants to try out an open relationship or polyamory (I can't remember which). They've been together since, like, high school.

I told her the best way to get him to reconsider is to accept his proposal for a change in relationship status. Then proceed to sleep as many people as possible as her boyfriend struggles to get so much as eye contact from the person at the club who's earned the nickname "last call."

As soon as he remembers how much harder it is for a dude to secure sexual encounters outside of a relationship and starts to feel the sexual jealousy brought on by his girlfriend bedding attractive men left and right, he'll be the one begging to go back to monogamy, I guarantee it.

I know that secure, mature people who have reflected on their romantic and sexual needs and find themselves compatible with polyamory won't look at it as some competition with their primary partner and become resentful should they feel they are drawing the short straw, but what are the odds that this guy is some enlightened sexual non-conformist and not just a schmuck who is getting fomo about all the girls he's not sleeping with because he's been sleeping with the same girl since high school? Pretty damn low.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:20 PM   #4953
myosis
Minion of Satan

maybe she doesn't want to bang a dozen other guys?

Old 11-24-2019, 11:06 PM   #4954
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Then this particular solution may not suit her.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #4955
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

lol

Old 11-27-2019, 01:23 AM   #4956
Shallowed
Braindead

Yeah so I just broke up with her a couple of hours ago because we get into fucking arguments all of the time.

The whole thing was doomed from the start.

You'll probably be seeing me around here more often again.

Old 11-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #4957
Shallowed
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Then this particular solution may not suit her.
must spread rep

Old 11-27-2019, 01:29 AM   #4958
Shallowed
Braindead

monogamy is capitalist propaganda

abolish romantic competition

Old 11-27-2019, 10:14 AM   #4959
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
fucking arguments
That certainly sounds like it was the crux of the problem

Old 11-27-2019, 03:22 PM   #4960
redbreegull

guys, sex is for losers

Old 11-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #4961
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i had my two upper wisdom teeth removed this morning and the local anesthesia is wearing off. i can feel my face and tongue now, but i still can't feel much pain. the norco must be working.

it was a ten minute procedure and i could hear crunching in my head but i had liszt playing in my ears. the worst part was getting numbed. the shot in the left and right side of the roof of my mouth felt like a miniature rhino horn being pressed into me. for that i needed to take a few deep breaths first and the nurse asked if i wanted to hold her hand and best believe i did.
Is this drunk, drugs or sad sex?

Old 11-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #4962
redbreegull

hopefully not sad sex

Old 11-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #4963
yo soy el mejor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Is this drunk, drugs or sad sex?
drugs, doi.

who wants the rest of my norco aka hydrocodone!!? def not my bag were it not for the pain, but i'm good now except i can't eat crumbly or granular or chewy things like rice, seeds, most meat, hard candy, or oreos/all cookies for another 4 days. i nibbled on a starburst in four bites last night only chewing with my front teeth and i still gave a quarter of the piece to tim. not cool.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 11-27-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Old 11-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #4964
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I got prescribed codeine once after an operation. Still have the full bottle, a testament to my restraint.

Restraint when it comes to drugs, at least. Not when it comes to eating, watching YouTube, aimlessly surfing the internet for twelve hours a day and then going to bed… god, I am so pathetic and wasting my life, and not even doing it in a cool way like with drugs and alcohol and stuff

Old 11-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #4965
yo soy el mejor

i still have a whole bottle of lithium just chillin' in the bathroom from well over a year ago. lithium is cool, right? nirvana even named a song after it, y0.

Old 11-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #4966
Disco King
Minion of Satan

(Disclaimer: I'm part joking. Glorifying addiction is obviously bad and lame and I don't condone it. But, like, being a lazy, unaccomplished sack of shit like I am even without drugs is also bad and lame.)

Old 11-27-2019, 03:42 PM   #4967
redbreegull

I still have half a tab of acid wrapped in foil in my sock drawer from a festival last spring

Old 11-27-2019, 03:42 PM   #4968
redbreegull

it speaks to my godliness

Old 11-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #4969
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I got prescribed codeine once after an operation. Still have the full bottle, a testament to my restraint.

Restraint when it comes to drugs, at least. Not when it comes to eating, watching YouTube, aimlessly surfing the internet for twelve hours a day and then going to bed… god, I am so pathetic and wasting my life, and not even doing it in a cool way like with drugs and alcohol and stuff
Bright side: when you're finally able to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you won't be so riddled with addiction and health issues that you won't be able to do it.

Old 11-27-2019, 04:02 PM   #4970
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, have you tried reading the Bible? fuzzy checked it out from the library last week and it's really changing his outlook on life.

Old 11-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #4971
Ram27
dumb

I was talking with a friend about Mazzy Star and realized something absolutely groundbreaking:

I figured out the lyric in that Mazzy Star song [Look on Down from the Bridge] "there's a light in your eyes and you know it" - which used to make me think of shelby (cause she's so bright and happy and that's why I fell so hard) could really apply to Jimmy Chamberlin as well - he's the sweetest guy ever with a beaming smile

no homo

Old 11-27-2019, 04:32 PM   #4972
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Are you relapsing into Chamberholism

Old 11-27-2019, 04:58 PM   #4973
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Whose gettin F’ed up for Xgiving!

Might even rotate in some reggie hits with the micros this time! Lookin fwd to losing my glasses then realize they’re on my stupid face all along!

Old 11-27-2019, 05:04 PM   #4974
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I still have half a tab of acid wrapped in foil in my sock drawer from a festival last spring
Does that mean you only did half a tab of acid? What are you supposed to do with half a tab of acid?

Old 11-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #4975
yo soy el mejor

go big or go home.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:54 PM   #4976
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I always prefer to go home.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #4977
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Whose gettin F’ed up for Xgiving!

Might even rotate in some reggie hits with the micros this time! Lookin fwd to losing my glasses then realize they’re on my stupid face all along!

Old 11-27-2019, 05:58 PM   #4978
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Gonna drink lots of wine tonight with the gf, make pizza, make pie (for tomorrow) and watch Jackie Brown.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:59 PM   #4979
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Sad sex is always an option

Old 11-27-2019, 06:46 PM   #4980
FoolofaTook

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Dad sex is always an option