Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #121
Elphenor
Braindead

success for trump means failure for everyone else but the elite few

Old 01-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #122
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Oh gee, yes, I hope he succeeds at alienating the rest of the globe, deporting half the agricultural workforce, goading us into nuclear war, bringing church and state closer together than ever before and denying climate change, childhood obesity, etc etc?

Old 01-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #123
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Once Trump is done, we will truly be a Flaming Globe.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #124
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Old 01-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #125
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

If this was one of Trump's businesses, this is the point where he'd declare bankruptcy and run away.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #126
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

"If there is a shutdown, I think it would be a tremendously negative mark on the President of the United States. He's the one who has to get people together!"

–Donald Trump, 2011

Old 01-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #127
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Even as dumb and awful as George W Bush was/is, I don't recall people actually wanting him to fall flat on his face.. But with Trump there's this whole new insanity brewing with liberal people. I just don't get it.
if his agenda is to hurt racial minorities, women, the LGBTQ community, and immigrants, why would we possibly want him to succeed? I do hope he fails, and he has, and will continue to. Your blind obedience to your figurehead no matter what his actions are just underlines your fascist beliefs.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #128
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i hope i can still have health insurance T_T

Old 01-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #129
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i also hope our food keeps getting inspected and the god damn flu keeps being monitored

Old 01-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #130
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
It's almost as if people would rather Trump destroy the nation than have to admit that he did a pretty good job.
You don't actually think he's doing a good job so far, do you?

Old 01-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #131
LaBelle
Socialphobic

b.a.i.t.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:19 AM   #132
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Trump shows us the "art of the deal" by walking away from a deal with Schumer on DACA, and preferring to have a government shutdown.

Or at least, the far-right congress members who were the last to have his ear before the decision preferred the government shutdown.

DACA is a conservative bill. It doesn't even give these undocumented immigrants, who have lived in America since childhood, many of whom may have lived many years without even knowing they don't have papers, a pathway to citizenship. It just gives them temporary amnesty and allows them to go to school, get work permits, and pay taxes. But the "family values" far-right can't even stand not tearing families apart and not sending ICE agents to take people from their homes in the night.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:23 AM   #133
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 01-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #134
Cool As Ice Cream

Old 01-21-2018, 01:10 PM   #135
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Trump shows us the "art of the deal" by walking away from a deal with Schumer on DACA, and preferring to have a government shutdown.

Or at least, the far-right congress members who were the last to have his ear before the decision preferred the government shutdown.

DACA is a conservative bill. It doesn't even give these undocumented immigrants, who have lived in America since childhood, many of whom may have lived many years without even knowing they don't have papers, a pathway to citizenship. It just gives them temporary amnesty and allows them to go to school, get work permits, and pay taxes. But the "family values" far-right can't even stand not tearing families apart and not sending ICE agents to take people from their homes in the night.
Republicans are disingenuously hard pushing the narrative that the democrats shut the gov down to favor foreigners over Americans

someone who's lived here since they were a child is an American undocumented or not

Old 01-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #136
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
You don't actually think he's doing a good job so far, do you?
There's been obvious upsides. The markets are booming, jobs are steadily increasing. A lot of useless red tapes been removed. There's a lot to like if you're an American.

Old 01-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #137
redbreegull

Quote:
There's been obvious upsides. The markets are booming, jobs are steadily increasing. A lot of useless red tapes been removed. There's a lot to like if you're an American.
bullshit fox news talking point. ask any real economist how much of an influence a president's policies have on the economy in the span of a year (hint: it's basically no correlation). The Wall Street economy is good because of Barack Obama. The real economy has been spiraling downward for decades and Trump's policies are only furthering the divide between rich and poor

Old 01-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #138
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
A lot of useless red tapes been removed.
Could you give a few examples?

Old 01-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #139
Elphenor
Braindead

stock markets always boom after tax cuts

it means nothing unless you're someone who lives off of capitol

without progressive wealth redistribution none of that money is "trickling down" to workers and the massive costs will down the line be taken out of programs that benefit the middle class

Old 01-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #140
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
jobs were already increasing and are now increasing at a slower rate than before

Old 01-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #141
Disco King
Minion of Satan

A wealth of evidence also shows that tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy don't actually stimulate the economy or create jobs.

Corporate taxes are the price corporations pay to make profit. Investing in the company through hiring more people is already tax-deductible. So, when you cut corporate taxes, that just creates more incentive to increase profits and shareholder paycheques, and less incentive to create jobs.

The wealthy also don't put their money back into the economy as much as people who need to spend that money for day-to-day expenses do. It goes into their personal investments to make them richer.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:05 AM   #142
LaBelle
Socialphobic

is it still offline?

Old 01-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #143
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
A wealth of evidence also shows that tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy don't actually stimulate the economy or create jobs.

Corporate taxes are the price corporations pay to make profit. Investing in the company through hiring more people is already tax-deductible. So, when you cut corporate taxes, that just creates more incentive to increase profits and shareholder paycheques, and less incentive to create jobs.

The wealthy also don't put their money back into the economy as much as people who need to spend that money for day-to-day expenses do. It goes into their personal investments to make them richer.
Quote:

Old 01-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #144
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

The only thing I hate more than red tape is the environment. And poor people.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #145
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
bullshit fox news talking point. ask any real economist how much of an influence a president's policies have on the economy in the span of a year (hint: it's basically no correlation). The Wall Street economy is good because of Barack Obama. The real economy has been spiraling downward for decades and Trump's policies are only furthering the divide between rich and poor
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
jobs were already increasing and are now increasing at a slower rate than before
Quote:

Old 01-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #146
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
stock markets always boom after tax cuts

without progressive wealth redistribution none of that money is "trickling down" to workers and the massive costs will down the line be taken out of programs that benefit the middle class

Quote:

Old 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #147
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Even though this is a grammatical error, it's still kinda true.

Those on Capitol Hill benefit from tax cuts, because their corporate and wealthy donors reward them handsomely for them.

(But still, you mean "capital," though.)

Old 01-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #148
Elphenor
Braindead

Yeah I've done that before and you corrected me I don't know what's wrong with me

Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 PM   #149
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i guess my insurance is safe now. for a couple weeks, at least.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #150
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Doesn't sound like Don and Melania did much celebrating for their 13th wedding anniversary after the news of Don and Stormy's missionary adventures hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP
POTUS did pick up his Twitter mic, but only to poke Democrats on Capitol Hill on a deal to reopen the government after a brief shutdown, and then to gloat about the pact that was struck. “Big win for Republicans as Democrats cave on Shutdown,” he wrote late Monday.