Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2017, 12:34 AM   #211
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Reprise I was being silly. Waking and baking is giving up on life. It's full(tuk)blown addiction.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:58 AM   #212
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
man ppl sure are using the friday sad drug thread to shame weed smoking
Wasn't intending to shame anyone, sorry if it came across that way. Just speaking on what feels right to me. At my age and where I'm at in life, smoking weed to "escape" just feels wrong.

Sorry, I guess I'm a buzzkill. I realize what does and doesn't work for me does not always apply to others, results may vary, etc.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:36 AM   #213
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I think you have to take into account the total length of your toking career.

I stopped at 24 but I started at 14, so that was a good ten year innings. And not a good time to be plying my brain with toxins and hallucinogens

If you start in your early twenties you're probably less likely to becoming a mumbling saddo as you age. So there is that.

But the only people I know who still smoked a lot past 35 (like 3 or more times a week, every week) were a bit vegetably so I'm just telling netphoria what my experience has been like

for the good of all netphoria readers

Old 11-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #214
FoolofaTook

Good point. I started at 19 and I've had some clean years here and there so I am just now getting to a decade.

Time for a long long break.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #215
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I have so much to say about this and not enough time to say it. Oh well.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:34 AM   #216
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i did find time for two beers and a bottle of wine, however. a small bottle. i'm not hammered, just buzzed. i'm surprised because i haven't had a sip in months. i obvs skipped my pills today in favor of alcohol for the holiday. but now my household is all asleep and i'm bored. i have one beer left. meh

Old 11-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #217
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

is this the chat thread or the other chat thread?

this is possibly the greatest tattoo i'd ever seen

Old 11-24-2017, 01:42 AM   #218
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i'll drink my last sip to that!

Old 11-24-2017, 01:46 AM   #219
redbreegull

it's danksgiving. I have 5 bags of weed

Old 11-24-2017, 01:47 AM   #220
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Apparently I already had my last sip and was just clutching the empty bottle while texting for the last 30 minutes. Guess that means the tattoo sucks?

Old 11-24-2017, 02:09 AM   #221
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Also I haven't had a cigarette in like 10 days and they've all been agonizing tbh but I'm sure eventually I'll stop wanting one so much. RIGHT???

Old 11-24-2017, 02:10 AM   #222
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Kid's lungs>nicotine addiction

Old 11-24-2017, 02:15 AM   #223
buzzard
Minion of Satan

That's why I only give my kids the gum and patches.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:32 AM   #224
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I ain't raisin' no weaklin'

Old 11-24-2017, 03:03 AM   #225
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I bet your daughter doesn't even lift.

Bro.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:44 PM   #226
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Nope, not even her head.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:37 PM   #227
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
is this the chat thread or the other chat thread?

this is possibly the greatest tattoo i'd ever seen

I want

Old 11-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #228
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

so i went out last night with a friend, and who i thought were his two buddies. they actually turned out to be two of his coworkers - one a fellow English teacher, and the other one - his boss.

we went to this bowling alley/billiard place, and both of them slowly unraveled and turned out to be more and more bizarre and annoying as the night went on. the coworker (not boss) was kinda sitting there messing with his phone during the entire length of the bowling game, only dropping it to take his turn. at some point some people ordered a few plates of dumplings (real finger food, lol, for fast snacking between turns, you know. only in china), and the phone guy just tore through them, to my understanding without ever paying or offering to. then, when the game was done, we all went to the billiard area to hang out there for a bit. after like 15-20 minutes, everybody's like, "hey, where's the phone guy"? he just left without saying goodbye. as far as i know he has no relation to James Iha and is in fact Spanish and not Asian at all. @TheOriginalBirryCorgdmann

the second dude, The Boss, was even worse. he was just the most arrogant fucking person i'd ever met. he persistently kept launching into these long rants about how amazing he is: how awesome he is at drinking (what makes him a "real man", you could tell he's thinking), how that made Chinese people absolutely LOVE and respect him, he told us about alleged women he had sex with ("so i said, come to my hotel...!"), and about how he heroically told off some guy on the metro and got him to give up his seat for a pregnant lady, and how everybody loves him again, and how he speaks fluent Chinese and it only came to him through hard work (but he only ever went out to the street with pen and paper, and took down notes. never attended any class. give this mofo a plyer and 20 toothpicks, and he'll build you a house. cause he's mcgyver like that).

literally anything you said in any form of conversation on any topic would get him to chime in and start talking about himself and tell us a 10 minute story about something that happened to him once where he was awesome, no matter how visibly disinterested i looked, or how nastily i began to ignore him when he was trying to engage me mid-speech and get me to "participate" and get him more fired up about telling me how he's a god among insects. but then again, i also had to see my friend sucking up to this dude and playing along with him (O RLY? U DID THAT? OMG! SRSLY?), even though he secretly told me earlier during the night that he fucking hates him too.

then i took the train back home.

C-, would not go out again

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 11-24-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:58 PM   #229
FoolofaTook

Stay home, smoke weed, listen to Alcest.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #230
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
so i went out last night with a friend, and who i thought were his two buddies. they actually turned out to be two of his coworkers - one a fellow English teacher, and the other one - his boss.

we went to this bowling alley/billiard place, and both of them slowly unraveled and turned out to be more and more bizarre and annoying as the night went on. the coworker (not boss) was kinda sitting there messing with his phone during the entire length of the bowling game, only dropping it to take his turn. at some point some people ordered a few plates of dumplings (real finger food, lol, for fast snacking between turns, you know. only in china), and the phone guy just tore through them, to my understanding without ever paying or offering to. then, when the game was done, we all went to the billiard area to hang out there for a bit. after like 15-20 minutes, everybody's like, "hey, where's the phone guy"? he just left without saying goodbye. as far as i know he has no relation to James Iha and is in fact Spanish and not Asian at all. @TheOriginalBirryCorgdmann

the second dude, The Boss, was even worse. he was just the most arrogant fucking person i'd ever met. he persistently kept launching into these long rants about how amazing he is: how awesome he is at drinking (what makes him a "real man", you could tell he's thinking), how that made Chinese people absolutely LOVE and respect him, he told us about alleged women he had sex with ("so i said, come to my hotel...!"), and about how he heroically told off some guy on the metro and got him to give up his seat for a pregnant lady, and how everybody loves him again, and how he speaks fluent Chinese and it only came to him through hard work (but he only ever went out to the street with pen and paper, and took down notes. never attended any class).

literally anything you said in any form of conversation on any topic would get him to chime in and start talking about himself and tell us a 10 minute story about something that happened to him once where he was awesome, no matter how visibly disinterested i looked, or how nastily i began to ignore him when he was trying to engage me mid-speech and get me to "participate" and get him more fired up about telling me how amazing he is. but then again, i also had to see my friend sucking up to this dude and playing along with him (O RLY? U DID THAT? OMG! SRSLY?), even though he secretly told me during the night he fucking hates him too.

sounds terrible

Old 11-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #231
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Yeah, this is why I never go out and socialize

is what I have to tell myself

Old 11-24-2017, 10:06 PM   #232
FoolofaTook

There are some real pos expats out there.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:43 PM   #233
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
he just left without saying goodbye. as far as i know he has no relation to James Iha
hahaha

Quote:
(but he only ever went out to the street with pen and paper, and took down notes.
what the fuck

_______

fun story, thanks for posting

Old 11-25-2017, 12:00 AM   #234
FoolofaTook

Dude their English teachers. What did you expect, decent human behavior?

Lol

Old 11-25-2017, 12:01 AM   #235
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:

the second dude, The Boss, was even worse. he was just the most arrogant fucking person i'd ever met. he persistently kept launching into these long rants about how amazing he is: how awesome he is at drinking (what makes him a "real man", you could tell he's thinking), how that made Chinese people absolutely LOVE and respect him, he told us about alleged women he had sex with ("so i said, come to my hotel...!"), and about how he heroically told off some guy on the metro and got him to give up his seat for a pregnant lady, and how everybody loves him again, and how he speaks fluent Chinese and it only came to him through hard work (but he only ever went out to the street with pen and paper, and took down notes. never attended any class. give this mofo a plyer and 20 toothpicks, and he'll build you a house. cause he's mcgyver like that).

literally anything you said in any form of conversation on any topic would get him to chime in and start talking about himself and tell us a 10 minute story about something that happened to him once where he was awesome, no matter how visibly disinterested i looked, or how nastily i began to ignore him when he was trying to engage me mid-speech and get me to "participate" and get him more fired up about telling me how he's a god among insects. but then again, i also had to see my friend sucking up to this dude and playing along with him (O RLY? U DID THAT? OMG! SRSLY?), even though he secretly told me earlier during the night that he fucking hates him too.

At first, I thought "maybe the phone guy has social anxiety." Then came the dumpling part, and now I think he's just an oblivious asshole.

The boss sounds like the worst. I've known people like this.

By the way, I remember you telling us a while back about a friend that disrespected you by insulting you in front of his other friend to look cool or something. Did you guys ever patch things up? Did he ever explain his behaviour?

Old 11-25-2017, 01:27 AM   #236
FoolofaTook

Thumbs down

Argh I want to get high so bad. Day 32 no weed. Smoked 11 cigs in almost six months (three mini breakdowns) and I can't even drink a little wine because of my pereodontitis.

I will drink coffee and go on a three hour walk at midnight. Last night I saw three falling stars.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:37 AM   #237
redbreegull

Quote:

this sounds like a horrible experience. it's funny how most people's horribleness is easily classified into a few basic categories, huh? these assholes' behavior is reminding me very strongly of my own experiences and why I fucking hate everyone

Old 11-25-2017, 01:38 AM   #238
redbreegull

Quote:
the second dude, The Boss, was even worse.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:55 AM   #239
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I hope you can find some better people to hang out with teh bolly. People who are not assholes and also who do not say "crussonte"

Old 11-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #240
FoolofaTook

Thumbs up

Did I say four weeks on Sunday. I was wrong.

Today is FIVE WEEKS no weed.