Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #31
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
fuck cold weather you people are freaks

we are supposed to live under the sun
It really doesn't have to be that cold, I just can't deal with how oppresively hot it gets around here.

I have sensitive skin and if it's too hot and humid it means I get skin irritation in many spots.
Colder weather means I have to see less guys with their gut out wearing just shorts.
Don't need to take multiple showers a day to keep feeling clean.
Holding hands or hugging someone is easier
This relates to the first but deserves to be mentioned separately: underboob sweat

Old 03-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #32
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I don't know what i did last summer

Old 03-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #33
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
The colder the better. One of my dreams is to move to alaska. they have legal ganja there and winters of ravenblack darknesses. i visualize myself in my minds eye as taking methamphetamines and writing an epic fantasy poem about frost demons and enchanted elven babes.
I can get on board with this. Well, most of it.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #34
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
fuck cold weather you people are freaks

we are supposed to live under the sun
It's all about balance. If it were a nice, crisp 62 degrees (F) all year round, I'd be perfectly content (and please, if such a place exists, educate me!). Anything hotter than that and I am just miserable. Thus, I prefer the desolate winter to the oppressive summer.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #35
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Reprise: how long are you in Maine? Weather reports are saying we might get a foot of snow on Tuesday. Hope you're not flying out that day.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #36
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also: fuck yeah, more snow! Winter will never end! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Old 03-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #37
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Methamphetamine teaches us to compromise, swapping out the unspoilt mountainous landscapes and uninhibited authorship for carpeted motel rooms and cheque kiting.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:58 PM   #38
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Reprise: how long are you in Maine? Weather reports are saying we might get a foot of snow on Tuesday. Hope you're not flying out that day.
flying out monday night, god willing

Old 03-09-2017, 11:01 PM   #39
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i am going to be so cold this weekend. when i lived in louisiana we had some 15-digit days but in the past 13 years i haven't been below about freezing, and only rarely. i think it got to about 45 this winter for a couple of mornings

Old 03-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #40
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

tim travelled to new york (for work/to further his career) and is supposed to come back tonight. he tells me that his evening flight is already delayed 40 minutes. i have a feeling it is going to get worse.
i hope i'm not waiting up too late.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #41
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

First flight was like 30 min delayed b/c it had to defrost in New York. Connecting flight is 2 hours late so far. Plane is here but visibility in Boston is fucked. So we wait

Also something about two hours and professional cyclists who I'm friends with

Old 03-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #42
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I feel this weird glue smell coming from one of our neighbors (hard to determine which).

Old 03-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #43
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

We got into Boston about 2 hours late and then we missed our bus so had to wait another hour, then bus ride took an hour and a half. It is 9 degrees and I'm in snow for the 4th tune in my life

My soon to be brother in law's family is very nice and my parents even said hello to each other. Pretty sure everyone is going to behave

Old 03-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #44
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Get a temporary coat at a goodwill or something and don't go outside much. It'll be ok. Have a good time

Old 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #45
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I am going to FL for the weekend this weekend and have a similar dilemma: need breezy clothes for the humidity and warmth of FL in the DRY season lol.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #46
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Man Reprise, when I took my dog out for his walk this morning, it was 4 degrees. 4!

Hope you're holding up OK.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #47
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I'm finding myself incredibly bored at work lately, mostly in the afternoons. I don't want to tell my boss I'm bored, because that's always a mistake. Also, our internet is restricted, so I can do nothing but sit there and pretend to read the same emails over and over again.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #48
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I'm finding myself incredibly bored at work lately, mostly in the afternoons. I don't want to tell my boss I'm bored, because that's always a mistake. Also, our internet is restricted, so I can do nothing but sit there and pretend to read the same emails over and over again.
Can you sneak in your 3DS? I've been taking mine into work and convinced it's actually improving my efficiency. It's like: do I read this same paragraph 40x, without comprehension, b/c my lame ass brain is too full/fatigued to take it in right now?

No, that's the way of the past! Instead, I'll now take five and run dunkey kung through 3D jungles of peril, then come back and read that shit refreshed!

Old 03-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #49
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

My trip was good. It was a really nice ceremony. My brother-in-law's (!) family is very nice, smart, accomplished, etc. They have a lot of divorces and etc but everyone gets along reasonably well and I was really quite impressed. My parents even were doing OK with each other mostly, although towards the end my dad kinda started getting snippy. Also my dad 'works for' something that's basically a pyramid scheme (and so does his GF) and the GF gave her card to my sister's sister in law (btw there is a term for this, co-sister-in-law) and his family sorta realized what kinda shit they do and they kinda hate them now.

The real fun, and by fun I mean disaster, struck last night when they cancelled my flight. The next non-cancelled, non-sold out flights on Southwest are Saturday. Saturday! Because all of their shit goes through Baltimore and every SW flight from Baltimore (at least to the SE) is cancelled through Wednesday (starting with our flight that was late tonight). But I found a flight with seats on JetBlue and basically ended up paying $1000 to get out before the storm hits. But, I needed to return my rental car that's here in Florida, needed to take care of my cat, would have had to call and get extra medication from my doctors, etc. So I left, and my mom's long time friend who I shared my room with came with me. My mom, aunt, dad, and dad's girlfriend are stuck at the hotel with each other until at least Thursday and likely Saturday. I hope they don't kill each other.

I've been up for approximately 33 hours. We found out our flight was cancelled at 11pm last night, spent 3 hours getting this other flight, then had to leave the hotel at 4am to get a 5am bus to get a 8:30 flight that took extra time because of going around the storm. We got in at 12pm. My sister got married yesterday at 1pm and I have not slept yet.

My friend and I also almost got separated on the bus, and a couple days ago I fucking fell and bruised the shit out of myself. The hour bus ride today to Boston, I had something poking my ass the entire time and it was terrible. I kept on counting to 100 over and over.

All in all it was an adventure and I am very happy for my sister and somewhat amused that my parents are stuck together.

The cold wasn't even that bad TBH. All I had was a hoodie and I never felt like I couldn't handle the temperature. Not that I was out a ton, but other people seemed to be much colder than I was. Maybe it's the fat.

Last edited by reprise85 : 03-13-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #50
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I am going to FL for the weekend this weekend and have a similar dilemma: need breezy clothes for the humidity and warmth of FL in the DRY season lol.
how'd it go, or did you mean this coming weekend?

Old 03-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #51
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Glad that the family stuff went well even if the flight (air travel is always bullshit, even when the weather cooperates) went badly. It is this upcoming weekend that the trip is. Mike's (and I suppose in time, my) nephew is turning 3! Train themed birthday party. We got him legos and a hustle cat cup

Old 03-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #52
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

You're going to Naples, right - or somewhere near there on the west coast?

Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #53
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Yes. Cape Coral

Old 03-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #54
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Can you sneak in your 3DS? I've been taking mine into work and convinced it's actually improving my efficiency. It's like: do I read this same paragraph 40x, without comprehension, b/c my lame ass brain is too full/fatigued to take it in right now?

No, that's the way of the past! Instead, I'll now take five and run dunkey kung through 3D jungles of peril, then come back and read that shit refreshed!
Yeah, I can't do that where I work. People would notice, I'd get in trouble.

I did that a bunch with my OG DS about ten years back when I worked in a pizza place. Turn a 5-gallon bucket over and do some Mario 64 DS or Sonic Rush during the slow periods.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #55
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
My trip was good. It was a really nice ceremony. My brother-in-law's (!) family is very nice, smart, accomplished, etc. They have a lot of divorces and etc but everyone gets along reasonably well and I was really quite impressed. My parents even were doing OK with each other mostly, although towards the end my dad kinda started getting snippy. Also my dad 'works for' something that's basically a pyramid scheme (and so does his GF) and the GF gave her card to my sister's sister in law (btw there is a term for this, co-sister-in-law) and his family sorta realized what kinda shit they do and they kinda hate them now.

The real fun, and by fun I mean disaster, struck last night when they cancelled my flight. The next non-cancelled, non-sold out flights on Southwest are Saturday. Saturday! Because all of their shit goes through Baltimore and every SW flight from Baltimore (at least to the SE) is cancelled through Wednesday (starting with our flight that was late tonight). But I found a flight with seats on JetBlue and basically ended up paying $1000 to get out before the storm hits. But, I needed to return my rental car that's here in Florida, needed to take care of my cat, would have had to call and get extra medication from my doctors, etc. So I left, and my mom's long time friend who I shared my room with came with me. My mom, aunt, dad, and dad's girlfriend are stuck at the hotel with each other until at least Thursday and likely Saturday. I hope they don't kill each other.

I've been up for approximately 33 hours. We found out our flight was cancelled at 11pm last night, spent 3 hours getting this other flight, then had to leave the hotel at 4am to get a 5am bus to get a 8:30 flight that took extra time because of going around the storm. We got in at 12pm. My sister got married yesterday at 1pm and I have not slept yet.

My friend and I also almost got separated on the bus, and a couple days ago I fucking fell and bruised the shit out of myself. The hour bus ride today to Boston, I had something poking my ass the entire time and it was terrible. I kept on counting to 100 over and over.

All in all it was an adventure and I am very happy for my sister and somewhat amused that my parents are stuck together.

The cold wasn't even that bad TBH. All I had was a hoodie and I never felt like I couldn't handle the temperature. Not that I was out a ton, but other people seemed to be much colder than I was. Maybe it's the fat.
Literal cool story.

Glad it went well!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #56
LaBelle
Socialphobic

It's all good now that I found the gloo

Old 03-14-2017, 07:27 AM   #57
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Weird smells usually lead me ashtray.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #58
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
nephew is turning 3! Train themed birthday party. We got him legos and a hustle cat cup
Hustler hats are for kids now? Wow worlds a-changin

Old 03-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #59
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

Fucken storms n airplanes! Glad you found a way to get back in time to save your cat, but manalive that's an expensive friekin hassle all around

Plus your butt on the bus!

At least we'll always have 100. To count to, I mean

Old 03-15-2017, 12:37 AM   #60
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

my dad got a flight for tomorrow and my mom got one for friday, now

the storm knocked out their cable and power on and off. the hotel made food for everyone for dinner (usually only serve breakfast) and has free beer and wine today and tomorrow. they also let my parents keep the wedding party rate for the extra days which is about $50 less per night than the regular rate. so all in all i guess it wasn't too bad for them.

i also got my car back today. pretty nice to have it back and looking good