Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2018, 10:41 PM   #451
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Are you having an issue when it is night? I don't recall it being especially difficult to pick out the enemies from a distance but it's been awhile since I played. RDR2 indicates what direction you are taking fire from as well but I can't recall if that was a feature in the first game
Yeah, the first game doesn't have that feature that tells you what direction you're taking damage from that a lot of games have these days. I usually favour minimalistic HUDs anyway, but it would probably help in this game. It is worse at night. Sometimes, the problem is telling friendly NPCs from hostile ones, especially when you're fighting a gang that has taken hostages or something.

Speaking of Rockstar games, I recently screwed up my L.A. Noire save file by saving a replay file over my main campaign file. I thought that since I was replaying the latest case, I would be able to continue the story from there, but replay files don't let you progress to the next case after they are done. They just take you back to the main menu. So, if there's no main campaign file, you can't progress. You'd think the game would tell you this, or would make it impossible to overwrite a main story file with a replay file or something.

It sucks because I was in the middle of the Vice desk, and now I have to start from scratch again. On the bright side, there are benefits from starting from scratch. I had forgotten a lot of the plot details from the earlier cases, and playing it from the beginning lets me see how the story fits together and remember who the recurring characters are a bit better. Didn't even notice that the partner from the Homicide desk shows up in the first patrol case.

I always found it funny how the Homicide desk isn't even grand finale, because I kept on thinking "how are they going to follow up this serial-killer murder mystery with some arson stories?" And I know they are building up to something with the Vice partner, because of how he kept on showing up earlier, with all that foreshadowing about his corruption. So, the "corrupt gang-involved cop" story isn't even the finale, either. There's gotta be some big twist to the arson one in order to justify it taking place after both the homicide and vice ones, so I look forward to getting there and seeing what it is.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #452
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Yeah, the first game doesn't have that feature that tells you what direction you're taking damage from that a lot of games have these days. I usually favour minimalistic HUDs anyway, but it would probably help in this game. It is worse at night. Sometimes, the problem is telling friendly NPCs from hostile ones, especially when you're fighting a gang that has taken hostages or something.

Speaking of Rockstar games, I recently screwed up my L.A. Noire save file by saving a replay file over my main campaign file. I thought that since I was replaying the latest case, I would be able to continue the story from there, but replay files don't let you progress to the next case after they are done. They just take you back to the main menu. So, if there's no main campaign file, you can't progress. You'd think the game would tell you this, or would make it impossible to overwrite a main story file with a replay file or something.

It sucks because I was in the middle of the Vice desk, and now I have to start from scratch again. On the bright side, there are benefits from starting from scratch. I had forgotten a lot of the plot details from the earlier cases, and playing it from the beginning lets me see how the story fits together and remember who the recurring characters are a bit better. Didn't even notice that the partner from the Homicide desk shows up in the first patrol case.

I always found it funny how the Homicide desk isn't even grand finale, because I kept on thinking "how are they going to follow up this serial-killer murder mystery with some arson stories?" And I know they are building up to something with the Vice partner, because of how he kept on showing up earlier, with all that foreshadowing about his corruption. So, the "corrupt gang-involved cop" story isn't even the finale, either. There's gotta be some big twist to the arson one in order to justify it taking place after both the homicide and vice ones, so I look forward to getting there and seeing what it is.
The story in LA Noire is so great and the characters are done so well. That really sucks about your save file, but the game is absolutely worth finishing. I think I played it through 3 or 4 times and each time I picked up on new stuff

Old 11-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #453
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Yeah, fucking up my save file kinda has some silver lining. I don't finish games very quickly, so I was playing through Noire slowly enough that I would forget most of the details. Playing it all again from the start, and playing through it more consistently than I was on my fucked-up playthrough, is making me appreciate the story even more.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #454
redbreegull

Red face

As for a plot twist. Let's just say.... the shit goes down

Old 11-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #455
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Omg mario odyssey got hard all the sudden

Thought previously this was cakewalk babystuff, honestly, but now that king koopa s been murdered, there’s all these pipes taking me to places that rival the toughest hammer bros jumps in smb world 8-3 etc

Old 12-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #456
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Anyone play smash bros

There’s a new one apparently it’s the GOAT of GOATs

Also can anyone teach me civ pls, snagged vi for switch and other than that it looks kinda like settlers of catan i am totally dumbfounded at what to do and how

Old 12-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #457
Elphenor
Braindead

new one cant be better than Melee but it does look fun

Old 12-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #458
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
new one cant be better than Melee but it does look fun
Is smash good and fun, in general? I never F with it previous

Old 01-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #459
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Does anyone wish to exchange 3ds friend code with me

Started some fresh leaves animal crossing on my 3ds

Gosh i love 3ds

Old 01-06-2019, 07:39 PM   #460
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Does anyone even play a game anymore

There’s like 5 or 6 games out there these days, you can play them for enjoyment or to relax yourselves

Old 01-07-2019, 01:49 AM   #461
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Fallout 76, anyone?

Old 01-07-2019, 02:53 AM   #462
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

I've been steadily working my way through Persona 5. I wish I could explain why it's so good but tbh i have no idea. It's very good at dangling narrative carrots. Monster Hunter World was my fav game of 2018 but I also *really* enjoyed assassin's creed odyssey.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #463
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Fallout 76, anyone?
How do you like it? I read only some very negative headlines about it but I haven't really delved into it.

Big fan of the earlier fallout games.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #464
FoolofaTook

Grown-ass men.

Grown.

Ass.

Men.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:40 AM   #465
FoolofaTook

Talking

Old 01-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #466
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

back in my day, it was normal for grown ass-men to play video games.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:26 AM   #467
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Grown-ass men.

Grown.

Ass.

Men.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #468
FoolofaTook

lol @ grown ass-men

Old 01-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #469
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
How do you like it? I read only some very negative headlines about it but I haven't really delved into it.

I’m actually quite enjoying it. I like the solitude, and the real people I’ve come across have by-in-large been good, and not getting in the way. I don’t get a lot of opportunity to play, and I only got it at Christmas, but so far so good.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #470
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Dragging my heels in RDR2 ch. 6 because I know what's coming and it ain't gonna be nice.

Also, going to Los Angeles for 3 days in a little bit to see the world reveal of Mortal Kombat 11. Can't wait.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #471
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Is smash good and fun, in general? I never F with it previous
it's really good because it's a blast as a party game super easy to learn

and it has an infinite level of competitive depth if you choose to go down that path

Old 01-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #472
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
I’m actually quite enjoying it. I like the solitude, and the real people I’ve come across have by-in-large been good, and not getting in the way. I don’t get a lot of opportunity to play, and I only got it at Christmas, but so far so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post

Try this on for size.

https://www.windowscentral.com/good-...out-fallout-76

Old 01-13-2019, 02:00 AM   #473
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Guys its time to play Paladins

Im kiding, its not

Old 01-13-2019, 02:38 AM   #474
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

hi

Old 01-13-2019, 03:26 AM   #475
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Hi

I’m playing

Hyperlight Drifter (headphones mandatory for this gorgeous otherworldly top down zelda-like where you get a sword AND a gun - soundtrack is some wicked deep synthgaze that gives me mooooods)
Bleed 2 (omfg this is pure sugar for the fingers/brains)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (shits hard as balls - especially these godam mine cart stages- but the movement and noises and colors are so joyous im motivated to keep trying)
Skyrim (again - new character’s a misanthrope who lives in the woods in her underwear and, oh yeah she has this TOTALLY WACKY need to kill all male humans she meets)
Abzu (the animals were hiding behind the rocks except the little fish but they told me he swears tryin talk to me oink oink)
Smash Bros Ultimate (my first ever smash and i get it now friekin hoooked - a fighter that controls like you’re playing mario - plus unlockin all this stuff and letting th million nods and references of 30+ yrs gaming just crash/wash over me is so thrill/satisfying)
Hollow Knight (pushing on cause this is supposed to be the greatest GOAT but so far while it’s pretty af im getting a little frustrated at the finicky combat and sloooooooow progression - a metroidvania needs several fun and meaningful power ups in the early hours to keep me hooked but im still using this dumb nail and not getting any new traversal upgrades)
Animal Crossing New Leaf (my 1st in this series, trying it out .... hmmm my initial take is its rather boring, especially compared to something like stardew which is infinitely more alive and captivating. Shaking trees gets fucken old, and i can only really game in the dead of night so the real world clock is kinda bummer)
Okami HD (never finished this on the Wii, forgot how supremely unfunny/irritating is the insect pal and the handholding for the puzzles is like OMG FUCK OFFFFFF, plus also the combat is laughably easy to the extent of being a boring meaningless nuisance - have i even been hit once - but all that aside gosh it’s pretty to gape/vape at)
Dead Cells (hmmm another one that got a lot of hype and i think im liking it but am i going to have to figure out all these stats and numbers on my own or does it even matter or what....but i will keep playing b/c it’s gorgeous and controls are reeeeeeally nice)
Doom (2016) (holy crap this is wild, but i suck fux at fps heeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeee)
The Messenger (so far so good, i dig gaiden and 8 bit artworks and this musics pumping reeeeeal nice)
Earthbound (always and forever - in the desert outside fourside diggin diamonds, beatin #3 strongest moles)

And red dead redemption (not the new one the prior one) if i ever get to use the couch/tv

Old 01-13-2019, 04:36 AM   #476
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

That’s a lotta games to be playing.

Old 01-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #477
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
That’s a lotta games to be playing.
Ya ha ha!

Old 01-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #478
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Snake.

Snake?

SNAAAAAKE!

Old 01-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #479
Xteenmachine
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Hyperlight Drifter (headphones mandatory for this gorgeous otherworldly top down zelda-like where you get a sword AND a gun - soundtrack is some wicked deep synthgaze that gives me mooooods)

Have you attempted Boss Rush mode yet?

Old 01-16-2019, 11:40 PM   #480
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xteenmachine View Post

Have you attempted Boss Rush mode yet?
Actually i haven’t even begun to so much as barely scratch the surface of this stunning masterwork, no

Sadly i keep getting my ass handed to me at various points in the four quadrants and have to circle back. Recently i did earn enuff mysterious yellow squares to purchase a mysterious upgrade allowing me to have more mysterious healing packs, so hopefully that helps

Still getting the hang of the dash, slash, shoot, repeat style of battling, ANY TIPS HOTSHOT