Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2021, 02:46 PM   #181
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

FWIW just because it's a pre-order doesn't mean it's an open pre-order. A pressing plant will want to know if you're planning on ordering 1000 or 10,000 albums in advance when you're getting a price quote. I'm only mentioning this because I was being hyperbolic earlier.

Would be interested to know what the number is capped at though. Heard a rumor it might be 1000 each (golld and silver) but cannot confirm that.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:17 PM   #182
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

lmao holy shit both "non-autographed" versions are sold out but autographed versions are still available for $125 in what world...

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:18 PM   #183
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

it's like, just when it couldn't become more of an obvious cash grab

who is the idiot that is in charge of the website (which looks and acts like shit)? the records should all be in one pile and then a choice to have an autograph. But like they're setting aside a certain number of records that are autograph-only?

IN WHAT WORLD

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:21 PM   #184
TheAlter
Ownz
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 568
Default

1000 each sounds legit, at $75 it’s a boatload of money. Good for him.

Doing a 6-8 months pre-order for a limited edition in numbers you already know is still an asshole move, IMO.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:22 PM   #185
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

Who am I kidding this is the guy who thought XYU pit mix was of worthy inclusion to the MCIS box set instead of arms of sheep or tracer

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:24 PM   #186
TheAlter
Ownz
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
it's like, just when it couldn't become more of an obvious cash grab

who is the idiot that is in charge of the website (which looks and acts like shit)? the records should all be in one pile and then a choice to have an autograph. But like they're setting aside a certain number of records that are autograph-only?

IN WHAT WORLD
Willy canít hear you right now, Willyís busy


 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:24 PM   #187
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
1000 each sounds legit, at $75 it’s a boatload of money. Good for him.

Doing a 6-8 months pre-order for a limited edition in numbers you already know is still an asshole move, IMO.
things will change once the first couple releases get delivered and they're tired of fielding emails from crybabies

the 6-8 month lead time is the last on my list of things to bitch about

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:29 PM   #188
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
 
wHATcOLOR's Avatar
 
Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Posts: 47,013
Default

i don't have any means of playing vinyl today, but really have a fond place in my heart for adore and it's conceivable in the future i might buy a record player, so i was checking this out. all the non-autographed ones are sold out. i'd prefer to pay more for it to not be autographed. wth this is lame.

i wish there were a way to request that -- "im fine paying the higher price, so long as you just please don't autograph it". i'm sure he'd find a way to ban me from purchasing it and anything else in the future for that request though

 
wHATcOLOR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:29 PM   #189
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

billy is probably strapped for cash due to the pandemic (no touring, etc) so this is a quicky way to make 100k (2k records at $50 profit each - actually around 60 if you inklude how you're getting fucked on shipping)

In a perfect world after 2 or 3 of these they'll know the numbers they are dealing with and put the order in ahead of time

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:30 PM   #190
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

i have a soft spot for this release too. I think it was the first SP show I received in a tape trade.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:31 PM   #191
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
 
wHATcOLOR's Avatar
 
Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Posts: 47,013
Default

6-8 months is hilarious too. custom made furniture from italy takes like 10 months with all the covid-related supply-chain issues, appliances take like 4 months even with the chip shortage, but this vinyl takes 6-8. ok brah

 
wHATcOLOR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:32 PM   #192
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
i don't have any means of playing vinyl today, but really have a fond place in my heart for adore and it's conceivable in the future i might buy a record player, so i was checking this out. all the non-autographed ones are sold out. i'd prefer to pay more for it to not be autographed. wth this is lame.

i wish there were a way to request that -- "im fine paying the higher price, so long as you just please don't autograph it". i'm sure he'd find a way to ban me from purchasing it and anything else in the future for that request though
if you really want it i would buy it now because the 2nd hand market is going to be way more than 125 for a non-auto copy

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:33 PM   #193
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
6-8 months is hilarious too. ...

but this vinyl takes 6-8. ok brah
it's true. RSD is fucking the pressing plants.

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:34 PM   #194
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
 
wHATcOLOR's Avatar
 
Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Posts: 47,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
billy is probably strapped for cash due to the pandemic (no touring, etc) so this is a quicky way to make 100k (2k records at $50 profit each - actually around 60 if you inklude how you're getting fucked on shipping)

In a perfect world after 2 or 3 of these they'll know the numbers they are dealing with and put the order in ahead of time

do we really think he's in a spot where things are tight and an incremental $100k makes a real difference for him? he'd have to have squandered and mismanaged things terribly for years for that to be true right? those net worth estimators, which are not great but directionally decent in many cases puts him at $60m net worth..

 
wHATcOLOR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:34 PM   #195
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

really can't wait to peep the matrix code on these. if they're from PIRATES PRESS I'm going to flip my lid

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:37 PM   #196
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
do we really think he's in a spot where things are tight and an incremental $100k makes a real difference for him? he'd have to have squandered and mismanaged things terribly for years for that to be true right? those net worth estimators, which are not great but directionally decent in many cases puts him at $60m net worth..
you're probably right but I just assume he's used to a certain amount of fuck-around money and was unable to tour

on another note - i love how so many bands/artists were like "pwetty pwease buy my mp3s i don't know how i will survive this" a year ago and now are like "WE'RE ON TOUR PLAYING SHOWS LETS GO"

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:44 PM   #197
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
 
wHATcOLOR's Avatar
 
Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Posts: 47,013
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
he's used to a certain amount of fuck-around money and was unable to tour
true, plus he's got two kids and a baby mama.. they're not gonna fund their own lives and he may not want to dip into his investments for that

unless.. what if her plastic "fur" coats brought in more than bill's work lately? he might literally murder her, watch out chloe, pump the brakes, it's not worth it!!

 
wHATcOLOR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:52 PM   #198
TheAlter
Ownz
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave Chicago, the year is 1993
Posts: 568
Default

100k for just one release. There’s probably many more ahead. He said they were blown away by the “wow numbers” of the Japan preorder. And all it takes is a couple slaves on the back of zuzus packing orders.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
true, plus he's got two kids and a baby mama.. they're not gonna fund their own lives and he may not want to dip into his investments for that

unless.. what if her plastic "fur" coats brought in more than bill's work lately? he might literally murder her, watch out chloe, pump the brakes, it's not worth it!!
From what I read she’s from Manhattan’s Upper East Side. I bet she has her own family money.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:52 PM   #199
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
 
wHATcOLOR's Avatar
 
Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Posts: 47,013
Default

there's a field where you can "add a note to your order"

i'm so curious what will happen if i write, as politely as possible, that i don't want the autograph

i feel like it's a 90% change the order gets cancelled, what do you guys think?

 
wHATcOLOR is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:12 PM   #200
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
Willy canít hear you right now, Willyís busy

Billy Morgan Stanley

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:13 PM   #201
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
there's a field where you can "add a note to your order"

i'm so curious what will happen if i write, as politely as possible, that i don't want the autograph

i feel like it's a 90% change the order gets cancelled, what do you guys think?
Go for it. The best thing that could happen is he says no. Worst case, he agrees, and you have to actually buy this.

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:18 PM   #202
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
there's a field where you can "add a note to your order"

i'm so curious what will happen if i write, as politely as possible, that i don't want the autograph

i feel like it's a 90% change the order gets cancelled, what do you guys think?
I clicked on the image for silver and gold each, brings up a page with a drop-down menu. Select non-autographed. It's still available

https://madamezuzus.com/products/liv...40526653882562

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:24 PM   #203
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Posts: 36,586
Lightbulb

Can I get Jack Bates to autograph mine?

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:26 PM   #204
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default



lol what if this is really the cover art

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:26 PM   #205
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

kind of hope it is to be frank

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #206
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

Guarantee you that matrix code is gonna say GZ MEDIA lmao

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:12 PM   #207
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Spaldz's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,242
Default

Sooo.. $187.50 to ship to UK. Might just have to stick to the audience source for this one!

 
Spaldz is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:19 PM   #208
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

I will do a digital transfer the first day I receive this and for everyone who sends me $10 USD I will send you a digital copy in your choice of WAV or 320 mp3

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:20 PM   #209
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 40,349
Default

Actually why didn't these hardhats complaining about non-digital organize something like this?

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:59 PM   #210
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
 
wHATcOLOR's Avatar
 
Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Posts: 47,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
Go for it. The best thing that could happen is he says no. Worst case, he agrees, and you have to actually buy this.
i did. the comment i inputted didn't carry over to the order confirmation, so who knows if they'll even get it. wouldn't surprise me if that part of the website doesn't actually work


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
I clicked on the image for silver and gold each, brings up a page with a drop-down menu. Select non-autographed. It's still available

https://madamezuzus.com/products/liv...40526653882562

really? it was definitely not available when i looked, and when i go now, gold is sold out autographed and unautographed, and silver is only available as autographed



for the record, like 90 seconds after buying, i already had buyer's remorse

 
wHATcOLOR is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Age Of Innocence Big Truck05 Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 59 07-10-2021 08:43 AM
Madame ZuZu's Teahouse 2.0 amoergosum Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 127 09-21-2020 11:27 PM
5X LP Siddartha release T&T Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 904 05-30-2020 12:36 PM
Madame ZuZu's is closing Ram27 Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 155 05-06-2018 05:43 PM
where is padme sega genesis General Chat Archive 9 05-06-2008 03:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2020