Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-10-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Post INFO ABOUT ASHEVILLE TICKETS...

This was posted on The Orange Peel's website noteboard by the administrator two days ago...

ATTENTION SCALPERS – and folks buying tickets from scalpers.

TICKETS TO THE SMASHING PUMPKING RESIDENCY AT THE ORANGE PEEL ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE!

·The PURCHASER (and Guest, if two tickets were purchased) will pick up the tickets the Night of Show and then be directed IMMEDIATELY into the club where tickets will be torn and fans will be stamped and wrist-banded. Fans may then exit the club and re-enter, but the tickets will be gone.

·PURCHASER may give the second ticket (if available) to whomever he chooses, but PURCHASER’s ticket may only be used by PURCHASER. Any attempt by PURCHASER to hand off his/her ticket will result in the ticket being confiscated and the PURCHASER banned from the club.

·Scalping is illegal in North Carolina. Tickets may be sold for face value and a small handling fee (generally set at or below $3/ticket). This show was intended to bring a great show to fans, not to enrich a few lucky people with fast internet connections.

·If you are purchasing scalped tickets, be very careful. Buyer beware! These folks are in it for the money, so be VERY sure you can actually get into the show.

·Our normal ticket-transfer rules DO NOT apply to this show, as we made very clear before the shows went on sale. The residency tickets were sold under different rules – the Orange Peel typically allows fans to transfer tickets to friends, but NOT FOR THESE SHOWS.

·We understand there were lots of disappointed fans and we don’t want to have these folks come to the club expecting to see a phenomenal show only to find out they’ve been ripped off. The Orange Peel cannot take responsibility for folks who’ve been conned. We do not want you to be disappointed again, but we absolutely will not make exceptions to this non-transferable policy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:12 AM   #2
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero
t, if two tickets were purchased) will pick up the tickets the Night of Show and then be directed IMMEDIATELY into the club where tickets will be torn and fans will be stamped and wrist-banded. Fans may then exit the club and re-enter, but the tickets will be gone.
People don't get to keep their tickets?? That is terrible.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #3
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

They may get a ticket back after the show, at the door... i've seen that done before. Maybe not specifically YOUR ticket, but its a ticket nonetheless.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

This is going to be such a cluster fuck.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
standing
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
This is going to be such a cluster fuck.

yeah, I can really see the whole ticketweb thing majorly foreshadowing this whole ordeal. I think they had some good ideas about preventing scalping. But they didn't account for scalpers/ buyers that are ignorant to the rules, or for scalpers that are scammers and will take money for nothing. I really like how they handled the secret show in germany- a series of sp questions to see who is a true fan and gets in. I think that method should be improved upon and used for all sp shows. It's sick how anything billy does sells out in a couple minutes, cause he has such loyal fans, it's a hot market for the scalpers. In the future, you should have to answer the fan-ish questions for the option to buy your tickets.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
icculus
Oblivious Virgin

you'll at least get a free poster at the fillmore shows, that is guarenteed