Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #151
fuzzyroes
Banned

What the hell does rap have to do with ones race?

I'm a fan of rock and roll which is the blackest form of music

Old 02-04-2018, 09:17 PM   #152
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You trying to hide your true identity?

yes, this is called having a job. and being too fucking tired of dudes like you who turn around the second the see a pic of any woman that is not "downright ugly" online and change their tune.

I see you opted for the ban-dagger then, see ya!

Old 02-04-2018, 09:18 PM   #153
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Thumbs down

Quote:

i'm starting to think you don't even know when you're being racist, based on the "random Asian guy ruining the band's image" comment on the pumpkins board.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #154
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Pavement Tune, how come you've never posted a picture of yourself? You trying to hide your true identity?
http://decentralisedteachingandlearn...ed-herring.jpg

Old 02-04-2018, 09:47 PM   #155
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Pavement Tune, how come you've never posted a picture of yourself? You trying to hide your true identity?
This is your go-to for when you're feeling targeted, is it? Okay...

I'm still waiting on that picture / edited post you were meant to find for me, by the way.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:31 PM   #156
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:

I never agreed first hand to do a "rap"... Rap's fucking stupiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddd. It's for immature man-children. But I will throw one together... I'm just not gonna be rushed into posting something that'll get ripped on for being slapped together.
an entire genre of music is stupid and for immature man-children? and it's rap? hahahahaha!

Old 02-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #157
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Well, that would explain why I don't listen to it.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:41 PM   #158
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also fuzzy if you'd been working on it you'd have something done and it wouldn't be "slapped together" but whatever. you can't even be intellectually honest enough to know when you bomb an entire genre that is heavily dominated by black artists you might be racist. "rock n roll is the blackest form of music" lol fuck you. how many black ppl you seen at an sp show

Old 02-04-2018, 10:43 PM   #159
Shallowed
Braindead

Blink 182 is pop-punk created for children, Nofx is pop-punk for adults.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:46 PM   #160
Elphenor
Braindead

nofx is pop punk for adults

edit: shit didn't see Shallowed posted it already

Old 02-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #161
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

only a few crews are here working today, one next door is 90% black, I hear their break room music the second I open the door. rap. I think I should start the convo with "rap is for men-children." what could go wrong? no shit got it wrong, "stupid for immature men-children." dammit I should write a note so I don't screw up my line.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:51 PM   #162
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:

fucking white bread man

Old 02-04-2018, 10:54 PM   #163
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
also fuzzy if you'd been working on it you'd have something done and it wouldn't be "slapped together" but whatever. you can't even be intellectually honest enough to know when you bomb an entire genre that is heavily dominated by black artists you might be racist. "rock n roll is the blackest form of music" lol fuck you. how many black ppl you seen at an sp show
Disco King to thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:54 PM   #164
Elphenor
Braindead

rock and roll

Old 02-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #165
redbreegull

Fuzzyroes:

Hip hop has a bigger vocabulary by far than any other genre of popular music and is one of the least restrictive in terms of form and instrumentation. I look at someone like Kendrick Lamar, and that music is without a doubt the most direct descendant of delta blues there is around today. Rock and roll has never been a black form of music. What you mean is that rock and roll comes in large part from blues. Rock and roll is in fact one long story of cultural transference and appropriation. Even the name of the genre was co-opted from black slang by white people. Someone like Chuck Berry, who arguably might be considered rock and roll now, would at the time have been just called colored music or rockabilly. What you mean by rock and roll started with guys like Buddy Holly and Elvis, who took what was popular with young black audiences, added a dash of country, and played for white folks. By the early 60s, just a few years after people started to recognize rock and roll as a real category, it was comprised SOLIDLY of all-white bands, and with the exception of a few people of color here and there, has remained deeply within the realm of white culture ever since.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:58 PM   #166
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Hip hop just doesn't have any mature and refined role models like Axl Rose to raise all the important topics like banging chicks and drinking in the daytime.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:58 PM   #167
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Disco King to thread
it's not that there are none. but you can count them on one hand

Old 02-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #168
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
an entire genre of music is stupid and for immature man-children? and it's rap? hahahahaha!
If you read the lyrics for the most popular and famous rap albums, the lyrical content is all about very baseline stuff.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #169
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
i'm starting to think you don't even know when you're being racist, based on the "random Asian guy ruining the band's image" comment on the pumpkins board.
And how is this racist?

Old 02-04-2018, 11:02 PM   #170
redbreegull

besides, if rap is "stupiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddd," and "for immature man-children," you should have no problem with doing one on the fly since you are 1) implying it is simple and easy and 2) you are in fact a stupiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddd immature man-child.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:02 PM   #171
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
yes, this is called having a job. and being too fucking tired of dudes like you who turn around the second the see a pic of any woman that is not "downright ugly" online and change their tune.
Yeah, okay. I'm sure that's the reason

Old 02-04-2018, 11:03 PM   #172
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
This is your go-to for when you're feeling targeted, is it? Okay...

I'm still waiting on that picture / edited post you were meant to find for me, by the way.
You know darn well what I'm talking about.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:04 PM   #173
Elphenor
Braindead

I listen to the blackest form of music played entirely by white people

Old 02-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #174
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Well if you look back at all the rock and roll legends, they're all black. They created the genre, it wasn't until you got these white guy knockoffs that the music started to be embraced by a wider margin of people.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #175
redbreegull

we're all black on the inside elphenor. don't forget we came from africa

Old 02-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #176
fuzzyroes
Banned

@Reprise: It's like asking how many black guys would you see at Maclamore concert... My guess is next to none.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:06 PM   #177
redbreegull

Quote:
Well if you look back at all the rock and roll legends, they're all black. They created the genre, it wasn't until you got these white guy knockoffs that the music started to be embraced by wider margin of people.
no they aren't. chuck berry? little richard? no one called that rock music. White people TOOK their music and started calling it rock music.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:10 PM   #178
Elphenor
Braindead

well white people called chuck berry rock'n'roll which afaik is a name derrived from rhythm and blues

for instance

If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it Chuck Berry
-John Lennon

Old 02-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #179
redbreegull

The term "rock and roll" probably comes from black vernacular, but as applied to music, it was coined by a white DJ named Alan Freed in the mid 50s who promoted the idea that blues, R&B, and country were all coming together to form something new (closer to what we would call rockabilly music now). He actually had quite a positive vision and helped bring black music to white audiences and often promoted black artists to white people who previously would only have heard white covers of popular black songs... but the effect was that within a few years, rock and roll was the white version of sped up R&B with some country, and music within black culture went off on a parallel but separate trajectory

Old 02-04-2018, 11:13 PM   #180
redbreegull

bottom line is that no matter what way you cut it, calling rock and roll "the blackest form of music" is almost impossibly stupid and inaccurate