Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
BlueStar
Newly independent

Default The Wes Clark Thread

Is he in or is he out? His actions and personal comments to myself and others working on campaigns in the 2006 cycle were indicative of him running again. He was also at the DNC winter meeting and gave a speech alongside all the other announced candidates. But, he's dragging his heels with making any kind of announcement. The big question being if it isn't already too late for him to bother throwing his hat in the ring.

November 28th, 2006:
"I think it was clear that I got in too late last time," the retired general and former NATO commander told The Associated Press in an interview.

"(There was) an inability to create a staff in a timely fashion," Clark said. "I didn't have a campaign manager until the end of November. I had no money. I had no strategy when I started. It was my only faith-based initiative.... It's one of several mistakes that if I were to run that I would hope I wouldn't repeat."

Clark said one factor that has changed is the number of candidates who have announced their intentions or have formed exploratory campaigns for president this early.

"There's no doubt it's moved earlier," Clark said. "Some people have never stopped running.... It's just a factor that has to be considered."

January 26th, 2007:
Over the Christmas holidays, Ret. Gen. Wes Clark told a close friend that, without a doubt, he would establish a presidential exploratory committee after the first of the year. And now?

A Clark adviser says the '04 candidate is "leaning towards setting up an exploratory then taking some time to explore." Clark accepted an invitation to speak at next weekend's DNC winter meeting in DC, along with the rest of the Democratic field. In addition, a major Democratic donor said that Clark has begun to make telephone calls to party donors."
http://mydd.com/

March 4th, 2007:
"I'm not a candidate for President, but I haven't said I won't run"
http://securingamerica.com/ccn/node/11301