Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #61
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

https://media.giphy.com/media/kwuceEl1MDawM/giphy.gif

Old 12-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #62
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Franken has had a few more accusations tossed his way as of late. He's baggage. He's gotta go.
I agree, I said he should resign immediately after I saw the picture

Old 12-07-2017, 12:21 AM   #63
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You don't think these rockstars in the 70's were banging groupies that were teenagers?

Politicians basically act like they're rockstars when they're outta the limelight.
fuzzy, we're not talking about rock stars. We're talking about elected officials. Get a grip.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:21 AM   #64
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
"I'm not saying I disbelieve the victims, I just disbelieve them."

"C'mon guys, raping a 14-year-old isn't as bad as raping someone who is prepubescent"
14 is definitely fucked up. I'm not trying to say otherwise. But encounter was consensual. It was the free love era of the 70's. Moral boundaries were different.

I doubt these rockstars were ID'ing people that they banged in the 70's. Guys probably banged girls under the age of consent all of the time.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #65
redbreegull

Quote:
14 is definitely fucked up. I'm not trying to say otherwise. But encounter was consensual. It was the free love era of the 70's. Moral boundaries were different.

I doubt these rockstars were ID'ing people that they banged in the 70's. Guys probably banged girls under the age of consent all of the time.
a 14-year-old cannot consent which you know

you judging the moral zeitgeist of the 70s based on what some scumbag musicians did because they were too rich for consequences only speaks to your own stupidity. it was illegal then as well. people knew it was wrong.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #66
redbreegull

bottom line is you keep saying you aren't defending Roy Moore but that is exactly what you are doing. you're talking out of both sides of your mouth

Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 AM   #67
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

fuzzy, you need to throw this rock star argument out the window. It absolutely does not apply.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:28 AM   #68
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
fuzzy, we're not talking about rock stars. We're talking about elected officials. Get a grip.
My point is that a lot of these politicians behave as if they're rock stars. Isn't that much evident by now? We can demonize Roy Moore but this kind of behavior is rampant with these guys... Especially in the 70's.

I still think it's fucked. and 14 is unjustifiable. But he hasn't admitted to anything and it's not like there's a slew of other underage girls who have come out of the woodworks... Only 1. 16 is the age of consent in Alabama.

40+ years ago is a long time. Then you have these democrats who are acting predatory in the recent past. All these guys think they're rockstars.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #69
redbreegull

Quote:
My point is that a lot of these politicians behave as if they're rock stars. Isn't that much evident by now? We can demonize Roy Moore but this kind of behavior is rampant with these guys... Especially in the 70's.

I still think it's fucked. and 14 is unjustifiable. But he hasn't admitted to anything and it's not like there's a slew of other underage girls who have come out of the woodworks... Only 1. 16 is the age of consent in Alabama.

40+ years ago is a long time. Then you have these democrats who are acting predatory in the recent past. All these guys think they're rockstars.
so basically your point is you have no point and are just trying to lessen the evilness of rape because the guy is on your team

Old 12-07-2017, 12:34 AM   #70
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Was it legal for a thirty-something dude to attempt sex with a minor in the 1970s?
According to a quick Googling, the law in Alabama as of 1979 stated that a person commits the crime of sexual abuse in the second degree in the case that, "being 19 years old or older, [the perpetrator] subjects another person to sexual contact who is less than 16 years old, but more than 12 years old." It's a misdemeanor offense for which you could do up to a year inside.

There is, however, a provision for legal adults who entice a child younger than sixteen-years-old into a home for a sexual encounter as per what Moore is alleged to have done. This is a felony crime and carries a sentence of up to a decade in prison.

In conclusion, it was not at all "socially acceptable."

Old 12-07-2017, 12:35 AM   #71
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think it's honestly up to the people. It's called a democracy. If it looks bad for the people of Alabama so be it... I do think the Republicans will expel him if he wins though. It would just look to bad politically to keep him on.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:37 AM   #72
redbreegull

Quote:
I think it's honestly up to the people. It's called a democracy. If it looks bad for the people of Alabama so be it... I do think the Republicans will expel him if he wins though. It would just look to bad politically to keep him on.
Trump is a serial sex abuser who admitted (bragged) about sexual battery on camera and they all are sucking his dick now. you have no idea what you are saying. your ignorance is vast like the ocean or the depths of space

Old 12-07-2017, 12:38 AM   #73
fuzzyroes
Banned

As far as socially acceptable goes, the 70's was a different era. It sounds gross to say, but it's true.

You watch these comedies from the 70's and you'd regularly see some guy in his 20's or early 30's go and bang the smoking hot cheerleader and wear it as a badge of honor. Hell you'd see that even in the 80's in some movies. If that kind of shit wasn't actually happening in the every day world, nobody was certainly very offended or appalled about it being glorified in the movies.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:42 AM   #74
redbreegull

Quote:
As far as socially acceptable goes, the 70's was a different era. It sounds gross to say, but it's true.

You watch these comedies from the 70's and you'd regularly see some guy in his 20's or early 30's go and bang the smoking hot cheerleader and wear it as a badge of honor. Hell you'd see that even in the 80's in some movies. If that kind of shit wasn't actually happening in the every day world, nobody was certainly very offended or appalled about it being glorified in the movies.
by this logic anything you see on tv today is socially acceptable

Old 12-07-2017, 12:42 AM   #75
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Trump is a serial sex abuser who admitted (bragged) about sexual battery on camera and they all are sucking his dick now. you have no idea what you are saying. your ignorance is vast like the ocean or the depths of space
You could be right. Moores huge with the populist base and even has Steve Bannon backing him. There would definitely be backlash inside the party if he gets expelled. It is a democracy though, and if the people vote him in then they should really have the final say.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:43 AM   #76
redbreegull

brb I'm gonna call my parents and ask them if raping a 14 year old and preying on teens at the mall was socially normalized in the 70s

Old 12-07-2017, 12:43 AM   #77
redbreegull

Quote:
You could be right. Moores huge with the populist base and even has Steve Bannon backing him. There would definitely be backlash inside the party if he gets expelled. It is a democracy though, and if the people vote him in then they should really have the final say.
you have no soul and no morality

Old 12-07-2017, 12:44 AM   #78
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
by this logic anything you see on tv today is socially acceptable
It's just not entirely fair to judge a 30 year old man on what he did 40 years ago by 2017 standers. That much we can agree on.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:46 AM   #79
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
brb I'm gonna call my parents and ask them if raping a 14 year old and preying on teens at the mall was socially normalized in the 70s
Hey, I'm not saying the guy wasn't a creep. But it was a long fucking time ago.

I'm not defending it in anyway, I'm just saying the situation deserves to be seen with at least a little context.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:48 AM   #80
redbreegull

Quote:
It's just not entirely fair to judge a 30 year old man on what he did 40 years ago by 2017 standers. That much we can agree on.
you know what is really obnoxious? when you tell others they can't argue a point or that they agree with you. fuck you. No, we cannot agree on that. Roy Moore is a fucking predator and should go to jail. You're using evidence from rock songs to try and lessen the crime of child rape. Guess what, Gene Simmons is a fucking piece of trash, but I'm not surprised you look to Kiss lyrics as a moral compass. Regular people did not think fucking teenagers as a 30 year old man was ok in the 70s just because you heard it in a fucking song you dolt

Old 12-07-2017, 12:49 AM   #81
redbreegull

Quote:
Hey, I'm not saying the guy wasn't a creep. But it was a long fucking time ago.

I'm not defending it in anyway, I'm just saying the situation deserves to be seen with at least a little context.
the length of time ago that it happened doesn't lessen the crime dumbass. it doesn't make him less guilty of preying on kids and raping them

Old 12-07-2017, 12:51 AM   #82
fuzzyroes
Banned

I totally agree. The guy definitely behaved like a pervert. I don't really know anything about the guy to be honest.

I do know he campaigns like this, and I gotta admit, I do get a kick out of that

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UJ8br3ZbWck/maxresdefault.jpg

Old 12-07-2017, 12:53 AM   #83
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Moore is a serial sexual predator and you know it, Fuzzy. Don't die on the hill of someone you don't even believe in

Old 12-07-2017, 12:54 AM   #84
redbreegull

Quote:
I totally agree.
then why do you keep saying otherwise? you're totally contradicting yourself here. You keep insisting we take this "context" into consideration by which you basically mean flimsy evidence that the general public thought fucking teenagers as a grown man was ok in the 70s (false) and the idea that the severity of the offense decreases over time (morally false to me and most others, and also to you apparently by your own admission)

do YOU even know what you are saying? or could you just not help yourself but to defend the disgusting conservative?

Old 12-07-2017, 12:56 AM   #85
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
If what Moore is said to have done was socially acceptable in 1979, why could he have been sent to prison for ten years if it were proven in a courtroom?

I'm not sure if there's a better way of determining what a society accepts than looking at its body of law.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:57 AM   #86
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
the length of time ago that it happened doesn't lessen the crime dumbass. it doesn't make him less guilty of preying on kids and raping them
Hey I agree. But the medias portraying him as a serial child molester. That I don't think is entirely accurate either.

He was a wealthy, public figure young guy in the 70's who banged some 16 and 17 year olds when he was in his late 20's and early 30's... If you look at that isolated it's not all that unusual given the times. What really hurts him is the 14 year old. But maybe he didn't realize? Or maybe it's bullshit. Who knows. Still no excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Point is, it's not like there's a slew of 13 and 14 year olds coming out of the woodwork.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #87
buzzard
Minion of Satan

All of this is reminding me of that time fuzzyroes posted an animated picture of a sixteen-year-old, referring to it/her as "eye candy."

This did not take place in the 1970s, for the record.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:58 AM   #88
redbreegull

Quote:
Hey I agree. But the medias portraying him as a serial child molester. That I don't think is entirely accurate either.

He was a wealthy, public figure young guy in the 70's who banged some 16 and 17 year olds when he was in his late 20's and early 30's... If you look at that isolated it's not all that unusual given the times. What really hurts him is the 14 year old. But maybe he didn't realize? Or maybe it's bullshit. Who knows. Still no excuse as far as I'm concerned.

Point is, it's not like there's a slew of 13 and 14 year olds coming out.
it's like you just can't stop digging

Old 12-07-2017, 12:59 AM   #89
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
If what Moore is said to have done was socially acceptable in 1979, why could he have been sent to prison for ten years if it were proven in a courtroom?

I'm not sure if there's a better way of determining what a society accepts than looking at its body of law.
If what I'm reading is correct the age of consent in Alabama is 16.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:02 AM   #90
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If what I'm reading is correct, Moore's alleged victim was fourteen.