Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2017, 02:28 AM   #151
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Ok. I'm on season 2 ep 8
as I'm sure you know there is a drop in quality coming, but if you like the show it shouldn't be hard to push through it. I rewatched it recently and even the worst episodes have a lot of good stuff in them

Old 07-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #152
slunken
Virgo

The last 5-8 eps of S2 are crucial. Like RBG said it's difficult to get there.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #153
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
it's the best. how far are you?

watch Fire Walk With Me before you watch the new season
Watch "Missing Pieces" after FWWM if you want to get extra weird.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:32 AM   #154
redbreegull

my showtime trial on hulu ran out so I cancelled my hulu and got an amazon prime trial to get another free showtime trial

episode 9, here we go

Old 07-10-2017, 12:40 AM   #155
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

How many of the new ones are there/will there be? I have amazon prime. It's so difficult to navigate that I can't tell what's even on it but it says 7-day showtime trial. Just wanna time this right

Old 07-10-2017, 01:50 AM   #156
redbreegull

there will be 18 total episodes ending sometime in september, I'm not sure exactly when.

I think you can get showtime thru prime for 8 bucks a month, so after this week I will probably just pay $8 to see the next 2 episodes and then I will have to figure out another way to watch the remaining ones. It kind of sucks, you can't just get showtime for your computer either, you have to already have a paid subscription to another service. What a rip off. And the Apple one can only be viewed with the Apple app on your fucking phone or whatever

Old 07-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #157
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I've always loved that iPhone thing.

I'm avoiding most of this thread for spoilers, but right now I'm almost done with season 1. I've seen and loved virtually everything else by Lynch and am finally doing the Twin Peaks thing, due to the hype around the new season (particularly episode 8, which some have called the "ur-code" or what have you to all Lynch's work!). Season one is very incredibly entertaining so far. And god damn the women are hot.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...529ac53fd5.jpg

Old 07-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #158
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Part 9 was great and really touching. I'm really loving just how important Garland Briggs remains to this new season...really feel like they had major plans for the character if the series had continued way back when and they're keeping true to the intent of that.

Really says something for Lynch and Frost's skill that they don't write around characters whose actors have passed; they're just as important now as they were.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #159
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Part 9 was great and really touching. I'm really loving just how important Garland Briggs remains to this new season...really feel like they had major plans for the character if the series had continued way back when and they're keeping true to the intent of that.

Really says something for Lynch and Frost's skill that they don't write around characters whose actors have passed; they're just as important now as they were.
Really good episode. Things are slowly starting to come together... Different elements of the story from earlier are finally being brought back into the fold, like the Bill Hastings story. We have three central groups of good guys whose stories are on a collision course (the FBI, Twin Peaks PD, and DougieCoop and co.) and shit is gonna be wild when they put all the pieces together. I am torn over DougieCoop. I want the real Coop back so bad and at this point it seems that is not going to happen until near the end (if at all?!?!) But I also understand that this is David Lynch and he doesn't really cater to feel-good geeky fandom, he just does what he feels is narratively and artistically the best. The closest thing we really have to a central hero in this season is Hawk.

And I totally agree with how touching ep. 9 was and how great it is that Briggs is still a central part of the story. Bobby was the MVP in this episode and I loved that, and I loved how it was referenced that Major Briggs always knew Bobby was going to turn out ok (like his vision in the original series). The scene at the Briggs' house sent chills down my spine.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #160
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Scully's father knows something

Old 07-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #161
redbreegull

a lot of people are theorizing about alternate timelines and stuff because the Mark Frost book has some glaring inconsistencies with the original series (like apparently Annie was written out?). I didn't read the book, but last night's episode is fueling these theories even more

I'm not sure I buy it yet. Maybe? They mentioned Annie specifically and the pages Hawk found in the bathroom stall referenced what Annie told Laura to write in FWWM. It's possible that different parts of the story are happening in different timelines maybe? Like the FBI story could be out of phase with the Twin Peaks story or something?

Old 07-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #162
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

People think she's been 'retconned' out of the plot entirely and for the life of me I just don't see it. She woke up in the hospital in the Missing Pieces. She's okay, just irrelevant now and not part of the story anymore, like Dick Tremayne or any of those nobodies from Season 2.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #163
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
People think she's been 'retconned' out of the plot entirely and for the life of me I just don't see it. She woke up in the hospital in the Missing Pieces. She's okay, just irrelevant now and not part of the story anymore, like Dick Tremayne or any of those nobodies from Season 2.
yeah I mean the fact that Laura wrote what Annie told her to write in the missing pages and then they specifically addressed who Annie Blackburn is destroyed that theory to me, but I also haven't read the book. Apparently Mark Frost changed Norma's whole family?

woaw also is Diane colluding with evil Cooper!? The conversation around the dinner table is lively, motherfuckers. When she was alone with DoppelCoop at the prison, he freaked her out by alluding to a night they spent together or something along those lines... I really want Diane to be a hero and not a villain, but my guess is DoppelCoop compromised her somehow when he first escaped the Black Lodge, and his words to her at the prison were some kind of coded threat. If you noticed on the plane in ep. 9, she seemed to be waiting for something to happen on her phone, and then at the morgue she received DoppelCoop's text.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #164
yo soy el mejor

is this like a hipster soap opera?

Old 07-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #165
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
yeah I mean the fact that Laura wrote what Annie told her to write in the missing pages and then they specifically addressed who Annie Blackburn is destroyed that theory to me, but I also haven't read the book. Apparently Mark Frost changed Norma's whole family?

woaw also is Diane colluding with evil Cooper!? The conversation around the dinner table is lively, motherfuckers. When she was alone with DoppelCoop at the prison, he freaked her out by alluding to a night they spent together or something along those lines... I really want Diane to be a hero and not a villain, but my guess is DoppelCoop compromised her somehow when he first escaped the Black Lodge, and his words to her at the prison were some kind of coded threat. If you noticed on the plane in ep. 9, she seemed to be waiting for something to happen on her phone, and then at the morgue she received DoppelCoop's text.
There's a lot of discrepancies between details, names and dates in the book, stuff like "Pete played checkers, not chess" when Pete playing chess was an integral part of tracking down Earle in S2. And according to Mark Frost it should all make sense after this season. There's a lot of speculation that parallel realities are at play, or will be.

There's kind of an ARG going on, they found the online blog Hastings described in the show (http://thesearchforthezone.com/ - which doubles as a shill site for the soundtracks), there's some text referring to alternate universes there, so they do seem to be building up to something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
More like "a soap opera deconstruction" that a bunch of hipsters latched onto, really

Last edited by Shadaloo : 07-11-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #166
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
Yes.

It's still fun though.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:15 PM   #167
redbreegull

so that guy Richard Horne

evil Cooper was last seen leaving the ICU at the Twin Peaks hospital where Audrey was in a coma. so... you put the pieces together

Old 07-15-2017, 04:57 AM   #168
redbreegull

omg watching Missing Pieces for the first time now

how the fuck could they cut out this scene with Laura at the Haywards' house?

"The angels will return, and when you see the one that is mean to help you, you will weep with joy."

Old 07-17-2017, 12:43 AM   #169
redbreegull

20 minutes into ep. 9. this is already one of the best episodes.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:18 AM   #170
redbreegull

I just don't know how this show could be more beautiful.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #171
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

We could digitally remove Moby from the Roadhouse scene but other than that I'm out of ideas.

How heartwarming was it that Nadine got her dream business going?

I really want to know what the fuck is up with Diane.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #172
redbreegull

thoughts on 11:

Miriam ain't dead so the shit with Richard Horne is coming to a head. In ep. 1 the Giant said, "two birds one stone, Richard and Linda." we don't know who Linda is yet except a Linda was mentioned at the trailer park

Carl Rodd seems very different from his younger self as seen in FWWM. Much more compassionate and gentle

So Albert and Gordon Cole seemed to know the nature of the portal at the coordinates in SD. Cole asked Albert, "you think there's one in there?" to which Albert said, "we'll soon find out." The woodsman spirit dude who killed Hastings probably targeted him for bringing the FBI there, or at least that was my thought, and he probably crushed his head like the woodsman did to the people in episode 8. The coordinates on Ruth's body are almost certainly the same ones the TP sheriff's department is headed to. Is Diane conflicted? She saw the thing that killed Hastings enter the car and let it happen, but then later she hesitantly said she saw it LEAVING the car but reiterated at least twice that she could be wrong. Cole's hand also shakes, JUST like what happens to several characters at the end of season 2. Diane's constant smoking could be an allusion to her closeness to evil Cooper. Sarah Palmer smoked constantly and lived with Bob in the original series.

My guess is Bobby and Shelly are still married, but separated (the credits specifically put Briggs as Shelly's last name, which doesn't mean anything by itself, but previously she has only been listed as Shelly). Shelly then turns out to be with this drug kingpin Red... I guess Bobby doesn't cut it for her anymore now that he is a cop and she likes bad boys? Prediction: they will get back together at the end of the show. They were the only major characters to get a happy ending in the original series.

The scene which follows was truly bizarre, with the kid firing off the gun. I noticed he was standing exactly like his father, which could be a parallel to how Bobby and Shelly's daughter is similar to Shelly, and could be a portent of Bobby's role or importance as we near the end of the show. The honking woman and the vomiting child was totally wtf, I have no idea if that had significance or was total weirdness. The woman was screaming similarly to how the car horn sounded.

Especially after rewatching the original series, I believe Hawk is the main interpreter of the spirit world of Twin Peaks to the audience. The fire on his map can be good or bad depending on the intention... perhaps meaning that the white and black lodge are the same, or that Twin Peaks is the confluence of these two worlds, which are theories dating to the original show. The corn is fertility, but it is blackened with disease... probably a reference to this "mother" figure who birthed Bob and killed Madeline Zima (remember also when Cooper is leaving the spirit world and the woman tells him he must hurry because her MOTHER is coming). The owl-like symbol is again on the map and Hawk basically says it is too bad to talk about. Could be a symbol for this entity.

The Dougie story was the most straightforward. The One-Armed Man slash other Lodge forces sent a dream to Jim Belushi which caused him to save Dougie's life. They even directed Dougie to buy the pie. At the restaurant at the end, Dougie's attention is obviously focused on the piano player when he plays a Badalamenti composed song I have to assume is purposely meant to have moments which sound very much like Laura Palmer's theme, especially at the very beginning and the end right before it gets all jaunty. Dougie also says "damn good" just like how Cooper would say it, not like he was mimicking the mobster dude.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:05 AM   #173
redbreegull

btw the woman Steven is having the affair with is Gersten Hayward, Donna's youngest sister who famously plays piano for the Palmers in the original series.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:12 AM   #174
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Was this one called Let's Rock as a cruel joke?

Old 07-31-2017, 01:26 AM   #175
redbreegull

sooooo

who is actually evil, Diane or Tammy?

Old 07-31-2017, 08:01 AM   #176
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Diane entered through a red curtain, she's at least attuned to some shit

Old 08-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #177
redbreegull

sooooo

I have no idea what is happening with time in this show. This episode seemed to make obvious that in Twin Peaks at least, time is not moving linearly at all (not just at a different rate than the other stories). Becky says Steven hasn't been seen in two days. Bobby says the events of "the chair" happened earlier in the same day... but I'm pretty sure we have witnessed at least one nightfall in TP since that episode. it was almost like all this took place BEFORE Becky goes after Steven with the gun and then sits down in the diner with her parents. Sarah Palmer's looping tv? I dunno, maybe time is just mad fucked up in TP right now because of the anomaly of Cooper's mind in the process of catching up to his body?

I was also skeptical last week of theories involving Audrey being in a dreamlike state or institutionalized or something, but in this episode it became blatant that SOMETHING is not right here. Charlie threatened to end her story. wtf does that mean?

Evil Coop was a badass in this episode and I can't wait to see how things unfold with him and Richard Horne (his son?)

Old 08-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #178
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I was thinking that Becky and Steven's timeline was a weird exaggeration/examination of stockholm syndrome, but when I look at it with displaced timeframes in mind it really does seem fucked up and out of order. She gets high in his car, he beats her in the trailer, she finds out he's cheating on her with Gersten Hayward and shoots out his door....but THEN she gets worried because he's been gone for two days? Doesn't add up.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:43 PM   #179
redbreegull

I have not checked to confirm, but I heard that in the credits scene with Ed, you can see his reflection moving out of sync with his body

Old 08-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #180
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

This is true. It's a few seconds behind, one of a couple of instances of things moving out of sync or when they shouldn't. There was when Phylis got shot by Doppelcoop and here's Tammy opening a door with some weird glitchy fuckery:
http://imgur.com/y4ZyRTe