Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #121
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
I think there's something to it even if the definition isn't traditional. At the end of FWWM he/they tell Bob they want all their garmonbozia and Bob just sort of obliges while looking pissed; there's still some sort of authority being exercised there. With how nasty Bob can get, I don't get why he would have refused unless he didn't have a choice.
yeah, that is true. I guess we'll see, or not, because it probably won't be explicitly explained

Old 06-06-2017, 10:30 PM   #122
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm in the black lodge

Old 06-07-2017, 02:43 AM   #123
redbreegull

Windom Earle in season 2 ep. 20:

"These evil sorcerers, dugpas, they call them, cultivate evil for the sake of evil and nothing else. They express themselves in darkness for darkness, without leavening motive. This ardent purity has allowed them to access a secret place of great power, where the cultivation of evil proceeds in exponential fashion. And with it, the furtherance of evil's resulting power. These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion. The dugpas have many names for it, but chief among them is the Black Lodge."

Old 06-07-2017, 02:46 AM   #124
redbreegull

Red face

Theosophy Wiki – Dugpa

it's all about Tibet

Old 06-07-2017, 03:05 AM   #125
redbreegull

there's a curious scene in the same episode in Ben's office where he is trying to convince Audrey to enter Miss Twin Peaks but she leaves to follow Billy Zane to the airport. Ben stoops down in defeat and then something causes him to turn around quickly and react with shock or surprise. We are never shown what is happening in this scene.

Immediately following this, Pete is in the lobby of the Great Northern standing in front of a fire, and he is reciting impromptu poetry to a painting over the mantle, "Josie, I see your face..." He then continues staring at the same spot on the wall as Audrey moves him towards the door in order to use his truck, and he waves to it as they exit. Interesting that Josie was actually not that far from where Pete was, being trapped in the doorknob and all. And fire = Bob obviously, who shows himself to Cooper right after Josie dies.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:38 AM   #126
redbreegull

this is a great episode actually. what's with the hand shaking? an old woman's hand shakes uncontrollably in the Double R, then Cooper's does, then Pete's does. At the end of the episode, Bob appears in Glastonbury Grove, starting with his shaking hand.

Pete is ostensibly killed in the bank blast 2 days later, and Cooper goes into the Lodge. No idea about the random old woman, but perhaps the hand shaking is a portent both of Bob's return and of something bad to happen to that individual

Last edited by redbreegull : 06-07-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #127
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
there's a curious scene in the same episode in Ben's office where he is trying to convince Audrey to enter Miss Twin Peaks but she leaves to follow Billy Zane to the airport. Ben stoops down in defeat and then something causes him to turn around quickly and react with shock or surprise. We are never shown what is happening in this scene.

Immediately following this, Pete is in the lobby of the Great Northern standing in front of a fire, and he is reciting impromptu poetry to a painting over the mantle, "Josie, I see your face..." He then continues staring at the same spot on the wall as Audrey moves him towards the door in order to use his truck, and he waves to it as they exit. Interesting that Josie was actually not that far from where Pete was, being trapped in the doorknob and all. And fire = Bob obviously, who shows himself to Cooper right after Josie dies.
There were plans to show Josie as being trapped halfway in the real world (head in the doorknob) and in the lodge (Joan Chen body double), but Lynch nixed the angle. Linky

I forgot what was up with the arm tremors, but I think Bob might have been testing out hosts.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:31 PM   #128
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
I just finished watching it

Definitely think this season is good. Better than 3/4 mos def

Old 06-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #129
redbreegull

ep. 5 might be the best one so far.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #130
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

so episode 6.... it was good.

I want another David Lynch series staring Naomi Watts.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #131
redbreegull

ah I meant 6, not sure why I keep thinking last night's was 5. 5 was kind of slow, 6 was amazing. It was great to see DougieCoop start to "wake up." There were many instantly classic scenes as well, e.g. his boss apparently understanding the insane doodles he scrawled all over the insurance files. My thought was he somehow outed his coworker as a liar of some sort, just as he asserted previously.

Last edited by redbreegull : 06-12-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #132
redbreegull

also Naomi Watts with the loan sharks was one of the best things I have ever seen

Old 06-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #133
redbreegull

the most horrifying scenes so far were in this episode as well. the dude stabbing all those people to death was so yuck I had to turn away, but the scene with the kid getting run down almost gave me a heart attack

and fucking sharon van etten on twin peaks!!

AND DIANE!!!

yes quite an episode indeed

Old 06-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #134
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i love Naomi Watts. I can't believe she's nearly 50

Old 06-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #135
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
the most horrifying scenes so far were in this episode as well. the dude stabbing all those people to death was so yuck I had to turn away, but the scene with the kid getting run down almost gave me a heart attack

and fucking sharon van etten on twin peaks!!

AND DIANE!!!

yes quite an episode indeed
http://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5...imit/giphy.gif

Old 06-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #136
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

MISTER Jackpots!

Old 06-19-2017, 11:45 PM   #137
redbreegull

another fantastic episode last night. It's starting to feel like everything up to this point was set up, and now the stage is set for the RETURN TO TWIN PEAKS or whatever. a few thoughts:

Music was a huge part of TOS. the early episodes were very silent. the last two have had notably more music in the traditional style of Twin Peaks, probably showing us that we are going back!!! omg

Laura's missing pages sent shivers down my spine. I figured that's what Hawk pulled out of the stall door in the last episode, but actually seeing that she wrote what Annie told her to write was kind of amazing to witness because I have spent over half my life thinking about how season 3 would have played on that.

It was painful to listen to the phone convo with Harry. His absence is the weakest part of the show to me. I know it's not anyone's fault but Michael Ontkean's, but that scene was just like twisting the knife.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #138
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Part 7 was the best one so far. Creepy burned lumberjack guy, ninja Coop flashing to the surface, some fucking unsavory implications about DoppelCoop and Diane and maybe Audrey too.

Diane fucking kicks ass and I hope her part's not done. If she is, I have no complaints because it was worth the wait. Laura Dern absolutely nailed it.

Also during the credits, when the guy comes in to ask "Where's Bing?" the entire diner clientele just changes and there's ominous Badalamenti music playing under Sleep Walk. The fuck

After Part 8 this Sunday there's a two week hiatus. It's going to be a painful wait for certain, no way they're not going to pull something major and leave us hanging.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:39 PM   #139
redbreegull

holy fuck I just don't even know what to say about episode 8.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:58 PM   #140
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

welp if that wasnt the biggest horrorshow to ever appear on american television i dont know what is

my interpretation of the nuclear blast / bob / laura palmer is that it was her passing over to the white lodge once bob’s host was killed and he was returned to the black lodge. but the rest of it, i just dont know what the fuck lynch is going on about

maybe those bug things are how you initially get posessed by those fuckers

im also thinking lynch is doing stuff with the multiverse. laura palmer going back in time and becoming the moon, maybe thats some form of reincarnation

im scared and all i want is for cooper and sheriff harry truman from the original series to hold me

Old 06-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #141
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Here's an explanation on Reddit that makes more sense, and makes me concerned for this person being able to tie together all these threads in less than 2 hours.

"Penderecki's threnody (the atomic bomb) begat, or ripped a hole for, the dark mother entering our world. We recently saw her trapped in the cube eating the couch couple and I am guessing that was the creature depicted here.
The dark mother puked up Bob in spirit. Bob manifested here in the form of a cicada frog. The woodsmen, also unleashed by a rift, or born from the aftermath, of the a-bomb, conditioned hosts for the Bob-frog via their radio message. Bob-frog climbed into, or rode, his first host (the way one might, say, ride a horse as mentioned in the woodsman's words), the girl on the bed.
The giant is the opposite of the dark mother and birthed goodness, in the form of Laura, to thwart Bob/the dark mother spirit thing that the bomb unleashed.
I don't think it's happenstance that technology is the means of Bob's first host's conditioning.
The woodsmen are asking for fire, the first human technology -- "Got a light?" They manipulate, and travel via, our electronics. That fits with all the themes of electricity, static, distortion, the light pole, etc. We doomed ourselves.
That's my guess. It's a bit literal."

Old 06-26-2017, 12:23 AM   #142
redbreegull

that's actually a pretty good theory

it does sort of fly in the face of the implication that Bob and co. are some kind of ancient sorcerers, which is what Windom Earl says in season 2. BTW I read online that under the credits music for episode 7, Windom Earl's theme is being played softly

Old 06-26-2017, 12:24 AM   #143
redbreegull

I also recently thought of how the electric noise coming from the telephone pole in FWWM sounds a lot like the whooping noise The Arm makes when he says, "I sound like this."

Old 06-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #144
Order 66
Socialphobic

I .. uhh.. so that was a thing on tv

Old 06-27-2017, 12:32 AM   #145
slunken
Virgo

Ep 8 was a pretty good, yet abstract, primer on Mark Frost's "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" if you've never read or always thought about reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
Here's an explanation on Reddit that makes more sense, and makes me concerned for this person being able to tie together all these threads in less than 2 hours.
It's from the book.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #146
yo soy el mejor

it's too late for me to ever watch this show.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #147
slunken
Virgo

Picked up 2 copies of the Trouble 7" from the PO today. Bought a red and a blue copy, thinking I could sell one down the line.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:08 AM   #148
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm not at season 3 yet but this show is so dream like and wonderful and also kinda terrible

Old 07-06-2017, 01:48 AM   #149
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I'm not at season 3 yet but this show is so dream like and wonderful and also kinda terrible
it's the best. how far are you?

watch Fire Walk With Me before you watch the new season

Old 07-06-2017, 01:51 AM   #150
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Ok. I'm on season 2 ep 8