Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #271
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

thinking about it now the only storyline that seems to have been resolved in a positive and unambiguous way is Dougie going home to his wife and kid.

Also, Shelly. She seems to have had a good ending.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #272
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

"Victory, But at What Cost" interpretation that takes a few leaps but is well worth a read.

Old 09-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #273
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Does that image look familiar?

http://i68.tinypic.com/21ozfgl.jpg
I would say this is a stretch, but it's David Lynch so really it could be intentional. Notice also how Jeffries took the ring symbol and turned it into a vertical infinity or an 8? The paper towels are the same except there is an extra loop added...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
thinking about it now the only storyline that seems to have been resolved in a positive and unambiguous way is Dougie going home to his wife and kid.

Also, Shelly. She seems to have had a good ending.
Norma and Ed, and Nadine and Jacoby seem to have had happy endings. The TP police all did pretty well and correctly followed their ordained path to defeat Doppelganger... Lucy fucking SHOT that motherfucker dead which we are only not talking about because there were so many even more wtf moments. Ben Horne may not be happy what with his family burdening him and demanding money from him all the time, but he has become an upright decent person so I'll count that as a win as well.

Shelly I'm not so sure about, I mean she is dating a drug kingpin with supernatural magic tricks, and it's possible her daughter was murdered so....

It's funny how Norma and Ed were given the best resolution although they had probably the briefest arc and least screen time of any major players in season 3

Old 09-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #274
redbreegull

ok so something else I want to point out is how many of the characters seemed to be trapped, confined, or otherwise stuck inside one room or setting. Audrey is probably the most obvious example of this, but there are others as well. Jacoby is mostly inside his cabin, Sarah is in her house, Ben Horne never leaves his office (we didn't get a single shot of the rest of the interior of the Great Northern other than the basement, it actually made the hotel feel quite empty to me compared to the bustling setting which was used in almost every episode of the original series). There seems to be a definite theme of enclosure, compartmentalization, people living in their own worlds almost.

It's an interesting juxtaposition with the establishing shots (e.g. outside of the Double R, Palmer house, or Great Northern or other places) which are much wider, more sweeping, and more panoramic-looking than the establishing shots from the original show which were very closed in and recycled over and over.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #275
slunken
Virgo

I think the two soundtracks were released digitally today.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #276
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

On CD too, if any weirdos out there still get those kinds of things. LPs come out Sept 22.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:11 AM   #277
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Wow, no one's yet posted the theory that Episodes 17 and 18 were meant to be played simultaneously?

C'mon guys get with it.

Old 09-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #278
redbreegull

ok real talk near the beginning of the series, Margaret calls Hawk while he is walking through the woods and he says something is supposed to be happening. We then see him arrive at Glastonbury Grove and the entrance to the red room materializes. What was this.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 PM   #279
slunken
Virgo

https://i.redd.it/x40g88doxnlz.jpg

Old 09-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #280
redbreegull

so today Lynch said that season 4 is NOT off the table but it's too early to tell, and fans would have to be patient because it would take a few years.

some potential problems: it would likely be hard to reassemble the whole cast to such an extent again I think. Sherilyn Fenn was pissed at her role and other characters with bit parts in S3 may also be reluctant to come back again having already done it once. Also viewership was quite low I believe (although it seems likely a lot of people streamed the show instead of watching on actual TV). Showtime might not even want to do another season and it could be hard for Lynch to find someone else who will give him an adequate budget and artistic freedom.

Old 09-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #281
redbreegull

and ALSO the DVD and Blu-ray for S3 comes out in December.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #282
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Sherilyn Fenn was pissed at her role
Source on that? I know Julee Cruise was upset that she only got that one scene and said she wouldn't have anything more to do with TP. I'll miss her voice, but fuck it, she's replaceable and Lynch loves Chromatics now.

If and when he does it again I'm going to guess mostly new cast. Tammy Preston, Gordon Cole, maybe a continuation of Shelly and her daughter's plot if we're lucky. That seemed to me like bait for an ongoing thread for a new season. I'd like to get Balthazar Getty back as Red, that guy's entertaining as fuck.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #283
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Source on that? I know Julee Cruise was upset that she only got that one scene and said she wouldn't have anything more to do with TP. I'll miss her voice, but fuck it, she's replaceable and Lynch loves Chromatics now.
I looked it up, it's actually not totally clear what she was pissed at. She seems to feel she and others, especially the female actors, were treated poorly.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/twin-pe...t-show-makers/

But a few months later she said only positive things about David Lynch and TP in this interview

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-david-lynch-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
If and when he does it again I'm going to guess mostly new cast. Tammy Preston, Gordon Cole, maybe a continuation of Shelly and her daughter's plot if we're lucky. That seemed to me like bait for an ongoing thread for a new season. I'd like to get Balthazar Getty back as Red, that guy's entertaining as fuck.
There would be new characters for sure, but my hope would be that at least some of the story is still anchored in the ongoing plots we already know. I am satisfied with basically everything about S3, but my favorite parts were still mostly the parts that took place in TP. I loved being given this glimpse into the characters' lives 25 years later, and instead of them all having neatly wrapped up stories, they are all still going through their lives and dealing with their problems.

In S4 we could possibly see two different timelines playing out which could be interesting and would give Lynch and Frost a lot of confusing shit to play with. I do also hope we get more Shelly. I wish she had a slightly larger role in S3, and I want to know what happened to Becky, what is going to happen with her and Red, her and Bobby, etc. Bobby still loves her and you could tell when she leaves the table at the Double R to go kiss Red outside.

Last edited by redbreegull : 09-14-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #284
slunken
Virgo

Old 11-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #285
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Mark Frost's Final Dossier book came out the other day. It appears to wrap up a shit-ton of loose ends and supposedly explains a bunch of stuff from the new season, like what the fuck the deal with Audrey is. Got 20 pages in before going to bed last night and they explained what happened to Leo. Good stuff so far.

It's way thinner than the Secret History book but it's pure text, so it may take longer to pore through.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #286
slunken
Virgo

I got mine yesterday too. Only read through Leo and Shelley. I already like it more than Secret History.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:44 PM   #287
C33
Minion of Satan

I'm still worried about Cooper!

Old 11-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #288
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

words cannot express my

Old 11-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #289
slunken
Virgo

butt