Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
you are dead inside

Old 10-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #3212
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Now I know why people who enjoy fishing are almost always alcoholics, there's nothing else to do while doing that. What a boring activity.

Also, it's goddamn hard, those fish don't want to get got!
i could have told you that in advance, but you seemed so excited to go fishing that i couldn't do it. i didn't want to ruin it.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #3213
myosis
Minion of Satan

i held a fish not 24 hours ago

Old 10-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #3214
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I held a fishing rod not 24 hours ago

hawt

Old 10-10-2016, 11:26 AM   #3215
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Now I know why people who enjoy fishing are almost always alcoholics, there's nothing else to do while doing that. What a boring activity.

Also, it's goddamn hard, those fish don't want to get got!
I bet those boneheads never even realized that they'd catch more fish if they used the alcohol as bait and drank the worms.

Old 10-10-2016, 02:20 PM   #3216
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Fred Seagull would have been a better name, you know

Old 10-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #3217
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Steven Seagull would be even better, but then it wouldn't really be a parody name from another netphorian.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #3218
redbreegull

Happy Viernes, havarim.

I've been feeling pretty crazy this week, the craziest I've felt in awhile. Last night I had a crossover dream between my ex breaking up with me and Skyrim.

I just put a Paulener Hefe in the fridge for later and ima smoke some of dis bomb ass dank ass skunk ass bud. my life is a meaningless black oblivion punctuated by fleeting moments of drug escapism and romantic intimacy

Old 10-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #3219
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Old 10-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #3220
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Billiam looks rather dapper there.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #3221
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Full disclosure: I love that song and the album its from.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:58 PM   #3222
LaBelle
Socialphobic

First friday I spend at home in a while. I got A beer and all of the internet on my fingertips what could possibly go wrong.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #3223
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Just A beer?

Nothing, nothing will go wrong.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:04 PM   #3224
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Yeah, the Am/Pm near me was closed, I just had a single can of Bud leftover. Talk about lame.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:05 PM   #3225
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

You have my sympathy. Drink it (bud)wisely.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:12 PM   #3226
redbreegull

lolol FlamingGlobes you gotta stick around man, we need you

Old 10-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #3227
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Billiam looks rather dapper there.
He was aging really gracefully until the Teargarden era when he started to look more and more like a bald, lumpy sack of potatoes.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #3228
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
He was aging really gracefully until the Teargarden era when he started to look more and more like a bald, lumpy sack of potatoes.
Hey, that's not nice

Old 10-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #3229
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Like, what did a sack of potatoes ever do wrong to you?!

Old 10-14-2016, 10:17 PM   #3230
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
lolol FlamingGlobes you gotta stick around man, we need you
Aw I could never leave you guys. This is my new favorite place on the internet.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:18 PM   #3231
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

In all sincerity, I think this place is much better than the reputation it gets. Lots of funny and intelligent motherfuckers in here.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #3232
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i legit don't get the hate. it was valid maybe 5 years ago

Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 PM   #3233
redbreegull

The longer that certain users are away, the more I realize how negatively they impacted my experience here (even though I vehemently defended and supported some of them when they left).

When I "quit" for about a year in 2014-2015, my intention was to never post regularly again because a few very angry, unhinged personas had basically co-opted the board, and a lot of other users were acting like followers and imitating the "funny" horribleness of those few people. The whole place was just very negative for me and there was a lot of bullying happening under the guise of haha grow a thicker skin it's a joke.

But since I came back I can honestly say this has been the most enjoyable period of my posting career here. Without the few very loud, very brash voices, everyone else comes through more and I find myself getting to know everyone and their lives at a more serious level without all the negative noise. It's true most of us here have depression, anxiety, drug habits, or a host of other mental illnesses and personality disorders, but the mean-spirited nature of the Netphoria of the past is mostly gone.

and I know this is totally stupid, but I do kind of view us a group of comrades at some level, having gone through the rise and fall of Corgan's talent, now left with the cold reality of growing up and not being in love with our sadness. most people here are just trying to figure their lives out and everyone is generally welcoming and good at giving advice and acting as a support group

Old 10-14-2016, 11:38 PM   #3234
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i agree... i mean i had no problem with trots and eulogy arguing, but without them it seems like at least half of all threads were literally them arguing with occasionally someone else thrown in there like vixnix, or you, or myself. probably better for them, even, that they aren't here anymore

i've always tried to treat everyone humanely but i've lashed out a few times. we're all human i guess. i'm glad i have this place. it's definitely helped me.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:44 PM   #3235
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i agree... i mean i had no problem with trots and eulogy arguing, but without them it seems like at least half of all threads were literally them arguing with occasionally someone else thrown in there like vixnix, or you, or myself. probably better for them, even, that they aren't here anymore

i've always tried to treat everyone humanely but i've lashed out a few times. we're all human i guess. i'm glad i have this place. it's definitely helped me.
I got attacked a lot here, especially by people like trots and eulogy in the last few years before the Great Exodus. I'm DEFINITELY not saying I haven't been a profound idiot and scumbag here at many points in the past, but getting attacked trying to talk soberly about my mental problems and shit (by a deeply mentally ill person what's more) just became too much over time. My ex actually asked me to stop coming here because I would get so worked up trying to defend my life to them.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:57 PM   #3236
LaBelle
Socialphobic

This is definitely the more chill this place have ever been. For better and for worse.

I must say that since I returned to posting regularly last year, I went through a bad breakup and the silliness in netphoria really helped. It got me through a rough year where I was a mess and was acting really childish seeking attention, of course I got a few jabs along the way and even some of those ended up being as valuable as the sound sincere advice I got from some people here.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:57 PM   #3237
redbreegull

I feel like I can make jokes here that are the funniest to me but that no one IRL would understand.

also I actually find more humor in what goes on here than anything on tv or in my actual life

Old 10-14-2016, 11:57 PM   #3238
LaBelle
Socialphobic

But I didn't drink nearly enough to go all "I looooove you guiiiisee" on this thread.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:07 AM   #3239
redbreegull

oh I haven't even started drinking yet

my sentimentality is a disease

Old 10-15-2016, 06:21 AM   #3240
Elphenor
Braindead

I've never been so open and talkative before in my life E really takes that filter away that makes people say I'm too quiet

Also don't feel out of it or tripped or anything it's more like feeling more like myself

but now everyone had to go home and I'm home with nuthin to do