Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2017, 01:19 AM   #91
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

I mean, if not, where is the doppelganger?

http://www.forcesofgeek.com/wp-conte...2014/10/tp.png

Old 05-24-2017, 01:21 AM   #92
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Right. There's real coop, bad coop, and this newly created fake coop to trick bad coop into not coming back into the black lodge and switching rightful places with good coop.

its was supposed to be a 25 year cycle that (real) coop has been stuck in the lodge.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:24 AM   #93
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

that's why the two coops were barfing garbonzonia and bad coop held his in longer. that's how he won.

real coop got sucked through the portal and then through the electrical socket.

no idea who "dougie" was to begin with, however. some early theories (pre-season 3) say that FWWM scenes with Isaak were all a dream/fantasy of Coops so it's completely possible that all of this was a dream of Dougie's. Meaning, the entire story. Blind speculation/throwing coins in a fountain here.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #94
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Joan Chen wrote David Lynch a letter

http://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/fi...tter_embed.jpg

Old 05-29-2017, 04:07 AM   #95
redbreegull

ok here is my theory:

the creature which killed the dude watching the glass box and his girlfriend is the arm's doppelganger. The arm and the one-armed man tell Cooper it is time to leave and he should go now and then the one-armed man shows Cooper where to go. But after Cooper leaves the room, the one-armed man says something is wrong, and the arm says "my doppelganger."

Cooper looks through the curtain in the next room and sees South Dakota with doppelCoop driving by. Then suddenly the marble statue turns into the arm's doppelganger and "attacks" Cooper, eventually proclaiming "non-existent" and sending him falling through the floor and then through what appears to be space. We see Cooper materialize briefly in the glass box while Madeline Zima and her boyfriend are outside the room, but he disappears before they come back. We know from the previous episode that they are killed shortly thereafter by an entity materializing in the glass box. The creature which kills them has female breasts and no genitalia, like the statue in the Black Lodge, which we can now assume was a form of the arm's doppelganger.

The arm's doppelganger had a plan of its own to escape the Black Lodge and did so by fucking up the process by which Cooper was supposed to exit. Cooper was diverted from the box where someone was ostensibly waiting for him (maybe Philip Jefferys owns the building? who knows). Instead, the arm's doppelganger came in Cooper's place, and Cooper took this roundabout fucked up path back to Earth which resulted in his amnesia.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #96
redbreegull

Red face

also this curiosity: jean renault (killed by leland palmer 25 years ago) is the bartender at the roadhouse. he is clearly recognizable in the background of the last scene of episode 2, like they made him visible on purpose. I confirmed in the credits, it is the same actor. He is credited as "Jean-Michel Renault"

"is it future? or is it past?"

Old 05-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #97
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post

"is it future? or is it pass?"
fixed

Old 06-02-2017, 06:53 AM   #98
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Twin Peaks gonna have to wait Orange is the New Black is on next week.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #99
redbreegull

Unhappy

https://media.giphy.com/media/13IMGuXIesUZq0/giphy.gif

Truman: I loved her. She didn't have to die. I don't understand. There's a whole lot I don't understand.
Cooper: We're all like that.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #100
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Twin Peaks gonna have to wait Orange is the New Black is on next week.
yeah and shit is gonna get real!

Old 06-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #101
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i already saw 10 episodes of the new OITB

it is very good

Old 06-04-2017, 06:00 PM   #102
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

wut?

Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #103
redbreegull

last night's episode seemed slower than 3 and 4. I was happy to see some other familiar faces, but every episode of the original Twin Peaks moved the central Cooper story along at least a little, and this one basically didn't. We waited an hour to watch doppelCoop set off the prison alarm system and calmly state, "The cow jumped over the moon."

Old 06-05-2017, 10:51 PM   #104
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i fear 12 more hours of mindless coop wandering around

Old 06-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #105
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
i fear 12 more hours of mindless coop wandering around
yeah at this point I'm thinking the arc of the whole series may be Coop returning to Twin Peaks and remembering shit. I'm sure I will love it no matter what, but that would be a bit disappointing. It would also be very David Lynch, to bring back a project he swore he would never touch again after 25 years, and then hold the best part (the protagonist) above the audience's head teasingly

Old 06-05-2017, 10:56 PM   #106
redbreegull

I am also really sad that Shelly and Bobby don't seem to be together because I loved them and thought they would make it

Old 06-05-2017, 11:06 PM   #107
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
wut?

it is very good

Old 06-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #108
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Lynch shot this thing like an 18 hour movie and the story's core was, in his words 'Coop's Odyssey back to Twin Peaks'. I don't think he'll be braindead the entire way, he's already showing major signs of improvement and the parroting is slowing down. He probably won't be completely normal until he's back in Twin Peaks though, or faces off with Doppelcoop.

Also glad to have it confirmed that Bob's a resident in Doppelcoop's body. That mirror shift was nice eerie stuff.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:30 PM   #109
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Lynch shot this thing like an 18 hour movie and the story's core was, in his words 'Coop's Odyssey back to Twin Peaks'. I don't think he'll be braindead the entire way, he's already showing major signs of improvement and the parroting is slowing down. He probably won't be completely normal until he's back in Twin Peaks though, or faces off with Doppelcoop.

Also glad to have it confirmed that Bob's a resident in Doppelcoop's body. That mirror shift was nice eerie stuff.
yeah. I'm wondering about exactly how this whole possession thing works. Leland did not seem to be a doppelganger, it seemed like Bob was literally manifesting in his body, and it is implied that "consent" has to be given in a way (Leland states he "allowed" Bob to go into him as a child, probably through molestation or rape is my guess). And Laura refused to let Bob inside of her after he vetted her as a child, which is ultimately why he killed her.

So what is happening with Cooper seems to be totally different? I think? His doppelganger is out of the Lodge but also has Bob in him? Maybe doppelgangers from the Black Lodge are like Bob's avatars or something?

Old 06-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #110
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
So what is happening with Cooper seems to be totally different? I think? His doppelganger is out of the Lodge but also has Bob in him? Maybe doppelgangers from the Black Lodge are like Bob's avatars or something?
Bob was originally described by MIKE as his familiar, kind of like a demon servant, I suppose. He's basically like a wild dog that went rogue. So considering that even The Arm has its own doppelganger (and I would assume absolutely anybody inside the lodge has the potential to have one) I don't think they're necessarily associated with him; from all evidence however they are inherently cruel and malicious creatures, which makes them perfect allies for Bob, willing to host him for mutual benefit in collecting the garmonbozia to sustain them.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #111
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Bob was originally described by MIKE as his familiar, kind of like a demon servant, I suppose. He's basically like a wild dog that went rogue. So considering that even The Arm has its own doppelganger (and I would assume absolutely anybody inside the lodge has the potential to have one) I don't think they're necessarily associated with him; from all evidence however they are inherently cruel and malicious creatures, which makes them perfect allies for Bob, willing to host him for mutual benefit in collecting the garmonbozia to sustain them.
I actually always thought the use of the word "familiar" was just incorrect, because Mike's actual description of their relationship is that they are the same, and they used to kill together. Mike seems to have an incorporeal self in the Black Lodge and manifests in human hosts, just like Bob, so I always assumed they were the same sort of entity, not that Bob was actually Mike's familiar in the traditional sense.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #112
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Why are you guys saying these horrible things about my boyfriend

Old 06-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #113
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

it is very good
https://media.tenor.com/images/965b0...94ca/tenor.gif

Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #114
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Erica, you're breakin' my heart here!

Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #115
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
It leaked a while ago. God. So pressed

Old 06-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #116
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Erica, you're breakin' my heart here!
yeah some hackers stole it or whatever and i downloaded it from piratebay.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:53 PM   #117
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Mods, please delete these spoilers!

Old 06-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #118
redbreegull

Quote:
I actually always thought the use of the word "familiar" was just incorrect, because Mike's actual description of their relationship is that they are the same, and they used to kill together. Mike seems to have an incorporeal self in the Black Lodge and manifests in human hosts, just like Bob, so I always assumed they were the same sort of entity, not that Bob was actually Mike's familiar in the traditional sense.
of course this is further complicated when you consider that Mike's spirit self in the Black Lodge LOOKS like his human host, Phillip Gerard, whereas Bob's true self does not exist in the physical world.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #119
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I think there's something to it even if the definition isn't traditional. At the end of FWWM he/they tell Bob they want all their garmonbozia and Bob just sort of obliges while looking pissed; there's still some sort of authority being exercised there. With how nasty Bob can get, I don't get why he would have refused unless he didn't have a choice.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #120
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

This all really makes me wonder if Mike and Bob have their own doppelgangers that have been kept from sight.