Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up adam stephens - Vile Affections: Two Gallants singer solo project

Some great songs here. I like his singing on these better than the last two gallants album.

The Heights of Diamonds is as good as anything he's written for Two Gallants.

What do ye all think?

Well Turn it up man! Let's see if anyone calls me a street team moron for wanting to discuss this great record too

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=416771285

Last edited by dudehitscar : 12-10-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

post a link fuck face

Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i thought i made a thread about this..

i think it's siiiick!!

i agree heights of diamond is awesome. bitter angel really grew on me. in a live setting, miles we've marched was the one that made the most impact for me, but not the recorded version didn't grabe me as much. still really, really like it though. going to germany doesn't do anything for me though

Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
wHATcOLOR

MySpace.com - adam stephens - SAN FRANCISCO, California - www.myspace.com/adamstephensmusic

Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
i thought i made a thread about this..

i think it's siiiick!!

i agree heights of diamond is awesome. bitter angel really grew on me. in a live setting, miles we've marched was the one that made the most impact for me, but not the recorded version didn't grabe me as much. still really, really like it though. going to germany doesn't do anything for me though
if you made a thread already I'm sorry I missed it. What do you think about his voice on this? I really think it's better than the last two gallants record.

I like going to germany a lot actually. This guy is such an incredible songwriter. I am really just floored by some of these songs.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

whatcolor do you have some good quality mp3s of these songs. Mine are shitty.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #7
wHATcOLOR

i just downloaded the zip that was linked on their forum.. do you have that? i heard he was selling the cd at shows, im kind of hoping my brother picked one up at the show in seattle as a christmas present for me..

http://www.mediafire.com/?nuyozmj2qgk

Old 12-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i just downloaded the zip that was linked on their forum.. do you have that? i heard he was selling the cd at shows, im kind of hoping my brother picked one up at the show in seattle as a christmas present for me..

Adam Stephens - Vile Affections CD.zip
yeah that is the one I have too. It's much lower quality than the myspace ones.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehitscar View Post
if you made a thread already I'm sorry I missed it. What do you think about his voice on this? I really think it's better than the last two gallants record.

I like going to germany a lot actually. This guy is such an incredible songwriter. I am really just floored by some of these songs.

really like the voice. it sounds weary but calm and really good. the softer songs on the most recent record like trembling of the rose, and ribbons 'round my tongue didnt' really do anything for me.. i mean at times i definitely appreciated them, but the songs here are all so much better in my opinion. his voice sounds really sincere to me.

im not sure where you live, have you had any opportunity to see him live? he did a west coast tour, iv'e seen him perform a lot of these songs, i have one vid up on youtube if you haven't seen it

Old 12-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
wHATcOLOR

im on a crappy computer and was unable to notice any difference in the sound quality :/ i guess it makes sense if he ripped (and compressed) the myspace ones, which are already compressed once

Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
wHATcOLOR

Quote:
This guy is such an incredible songwriter. I am really just floored by some of these songs.

yeah he's such a badass songwriter, i've listened to these songs tons and tons of times

Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #12
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
really like the voice. the softer songs on the most recent record like trembling of the rose, and ribbons 'round my tongue didnt' really do anything for me.. i mean at times i definitely appreciated them, but the songs here are all so much better in my opinion. his voice sounds really sincere to me.

im not sure where you live, have you had any opportunity to see him live? he did a west coast tour, iv'e seen him perform a lot of these songs, i have one vid up on youtube if you haven't seen it
I live in michigan. I have not seen this solo effort live.. i kind of just found out about it today

While I love ribbons round my tongue... I completely agree about trembling of the rose. These songs all run circles around that song for sure.

This batch of songs take me back to the last show I saw of Two Gallants where they came down from the stage and played near the old piano in the place, cut the lights, lit some candles, and I sat literally 3 feet away from them for a special acoustic set. It was great.

I missed them for the last tour after S/T came out.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #13
wHATcOLOR

that sounds pretty awesome. i'm pretty spoiled living in sf, they do lots of shows here. they're doing one right before chrsitmas at the fillmore that i'm going to have to miss. but i've enjoyed the solo shows (2) i've seen more than the more recent 2Gs shows. its just top quality.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #14
wHATcOLOR

Talking

Quote:
I live in michigan. I have not seen this solo effort live.. i kind of just found out about it today

haha dude look in the related threads. you even made a reply in the thread where i linked them!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #15
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
haha dude look in the related threads. you even made a reply in the thread where i linked them!
geez. I do not recall that at all...

I was in England, celebrating Guy Fawkes (Bonfire) Night and the Obama victory. I guess I couldn't make room to remember that

Old 12-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #16
wHATcOLOR

fair enough

Old 01-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #17
wHATcOLOR

hey dude, my brother picked up the CD at the show he went to and gave it to me for a christmas gift. if you tell me what kind of files you want and what software i need to make them, i'm happy to get you higher quality versions from the cd

Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #18
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
hey dude, my brother picked up the CD at the show he went to and gave it to me for a christmas gift. if you tell me what kind of files you want and what software i need to make them, i'm happy to get you higher quality versions from the cd

192 mp3 is fine. Thanks!!!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 01:07 AM   #19
wHATcOLOR

192 is the one you prefer most? can do 256 or 320 if you want

Old 01-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
wHATcOLOR

hmm... alright..

here's 192 hxxps://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=640015256&email=bf538f3e57f252e01dce91bf4743b36f

the volume level is a little low on the cd fyi

Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #21
wHATcOLOR

theres some decent vids from him playing at sxsw, here's a thin lizzy cover and then a new song that sounds pretty different compared to his other stuff. also on there are heights of diamond, bitter angel, and lead in our lungs...

Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #22
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
theres some decent A from him playing at sxsw, here's a thin lizzy cover and then a new song that sounds pretty different compared to his other stuff. also on there are A of diamond, bitter angel, and lead in our lungs...

sweet. I really enjoyed the new song. Variety is always good. speaking of singer/guitarist and drummer duos.. I hope they get together and keep making two gallants records.. I need some drumming greatness from 2GS to counterbalance the loss of JC.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #23
wHATcOLOR

yeah i agree. as cool as it is to have songs in this style, it's not explosive like 2Gs can be, so i hope they will still work together in the future