Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-01-2002, 11:40 PM   #31
Graveflower

Thumbs up

Oh, and other than that, I actually like it. It's something to do.

Old 04-02-2002, 12:02 AM   #32
june33

I also like taking smoking breaks at work... plus I work in a resturaunt, so that dosen't help any. Mainly, I smoke because I enjoy it. It calms me down and I genuinley enjoy sitting down to smoke a cigarette.

Old 04-02-2002, 12:22 AM   #33
twice

Cool

http://www.uiowa.edu/~commstud/adcla...amel-vegas.jpg

i took one look at him.

Nothing cooler than a smoking camel. Nothing.

[This message has been edited by twice (edited 04-01-2002).]

Old 04-02-2002, 12:33 AM   #34
frail_and_bedazzled

it's sad to admit, but i do find smoking to be glamorous. of course it does horrible shit to your body, but the actual act and visuals are quite sexy and 'cool'. it's shameful to say. of course not everyone who smokes is cool, ha, who would ever think that? it makes the gesture cool, not the person. blue smoke slithering out of the corner of your mouth and nostrils is an undeniably stylish and sensual thing.

Old 04-02-2002, 12:43 AM   #35
glued_on_wings

Quote:
Originally posted by frail_and_bedazzled:
it's sad to admit, but i do find smoking to be glamorous. of course it does horrible shit to your body, but the actual act and visuals are quite sexy and 'cool'. it's shameful to say. of course not everyone who smokes is cool, ha, who would ever think that? it makes the gesture cool, not the person. blue smoke slithering out of the corner of your mouth and nostrils is an undeniably stylish and sensual thing.

I kind of agree with you here. However the reason i started was partly to this, partly to get breaks at work, and pratly becuase of stress. It was the worst descion i have made, but i guess i will deal with it for the time being..

Rock On..

------------------
- I use music as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -

Sad Machines Audio Archive
Glued On Wings FTP

Old 04-02-2002, 12:55 AM   #36
Human Replica Droid

No matter what reason anyone gives, the real reason was, "To look cool."

Old 04-02-2002, 12:56 AM   #37
Graveflower

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov...89937xe4x9.jpg

Old 04-02-2002, 01:03 AM   #38
sickbadthing

I smoke because I want to give second hand smoke to you. I'm trying to murder you with my breath.

Old 04-02-2002, 01:36 AM   #39
failure

Quote:
Originally posted by Affectation:
Fag. The point is that you can either try your best to live inside of a protective shell, and experience nothing, or live a little. Chain smoking leads to cancer. Second hand smoke in a chain smoking house leads to cancer. Having a cigarette every so often DOESN'T lead to cancer.

But please, continue to live in fear. You'll meet your pathetic end soon enough.
well i'm quite sorry that every smoker on this planet doesn't have the strong, anti-addiction blockade that such an amazing person like yourself has. but, it's pretty fucking commonly known that the good majority of people who smoke are addicted. it's also common knowledge that those people will more-than-likely get cancer. so, with the exception of such resilient and powerful people as yourself who fear nothing and live life to the fullest, these people are smoking knowing that they will probably get cancer, and i have no sympathy for that. so fuck off.

Old 04-02-2002, 02:09 AM   #40
the_boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Graveflower:
I actually like it. It's something to do.
Ditto.
I started out of boredom, literally. I went to a high school way out in the middle of nowhere. The ONLY thing to do during lunch or spares was hang outside and smoke. I didnt really do it to fit in per se, but it was definitely a social thing. And I liked it....still do. I think that if i didnt enjoy my first cigarette, then I probably wouldnt be a smoker today.

Oh, and you Canadians....have u seen the pack with the guy lying on his back with all those blue tubes goin into him? Its the "CIGARETTES CAUSE LUNG CANCER" one. That guy looks EXACTLY like me. Its pretty freaky, actually. Almost freaky enough to make me quit......almost.

Old 04-02-2002, 03:23 AM   #41
BlueStar

A little bit of boredom, a little bit of coolness, a little of other stuff. The first time I ever smoked was my senior year in high school. I spent all my time at the dance studio, and it was what all the professional ballerinas did. But, I didn't start smoking reguarly until my junior year of college. And it was basically to have a reason to stand outside the classroom buildings on the lawn inbetween classes...to see and be seen (thus, bringing in the coolness factor). On average, I smoke 0-4 cigarettes a day. For medical purposes, you generally have to smoke at least 10 cigarettes a day to be considered a smoker. And I would say that I'm not addicted...today was the first time I had a cigarette in over a week. And I do that a lot. I just kind of randomly smoke. It's more of a something I do at bars and concerts thing.

------------------
~~Samantha~~
AIM: MercuryAdore

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~sag249/sigankle.jpg

Old 04-02-2002, 04:12 AM   #42
Silverstream

boredom, and trying to look cool.
i wouldnt say i am addicted, i prolly smoke a pack a month.
i mainly do it when i drink.

Old 04-02-2002, 04:32 AM   #43
Krafty

Curiousity, and then I enjoyed it.

Old 04-02-2002, 06:55 AM   #44
whiteSPider

started smoking in 9th grade just to try it out...smoked for 2 years and then quit for 2 years and then started up again once i was in college just to pass time and have been addicted to cigarettes since...but im a quitter now! *must defeat cravings*

xoxo
r o b y n* 2002

------------------
"so put your hands around my heart and squeeze me til im dry"

›‹{`;´}›‹

IM:XoPumpkiNGurLoX

Old 04-02-2002, 04:36 PM   #45
Ammy

-i liked the slight high i used to get (before i smoked pot http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif)
-i am an idiot
-i felt like i was just too smart to get addicted
-i am an idiot
-i felt cool http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif
-I'm an idiot
-the differnt social circles that arose were fun
-i am an idiot
-i liked it
-i am an idiot
-boredom
-i am, infact, an idiot

[This message has been edited by Ammy (edited 04-02-2002).]

Old 04-02-2002, 05:07 PM   #46
Massive Attack

I was a bad kid
so I got grounded a lot
my mom smoked
so when I was pissed at her for grounding me...I'd take some of her cigarettes out of her purse and smoke them when she wasn't home
I even fucking smoked her butts before...sicke sick GROSS
ew
k so yeah...my first cigarette was when I was in 5th grade, I think

I wanted to grow up too fast ;-[

Old 04-02-2002, 05:13 PM   #47
Delta

i was 16 and on a construction site. i started just to fit in with the other guys, and quit before the end of the summer because i really didnt enjoy it

Old 04-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #48
Helena Handbasket

To get smoke breaks at work, to look cool, etc.. Also when I'm out in public, I tend to get kinda nervous and awkward feeling, and it helps.

Curiosity was a big factor, too.

Old 04-03-2002, 12:10 AM   #49
Skye

I had a smoking phase around exam time in 2nd year, I used to smoke DuMaurier's on study breaks. It ended once exam time ended.