Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #211
the mahatma
Demi-God

i did a little cleanup and tried to add some "balls" to the radio rip. i kind of brick-walled it, but since the quality is shit anyway, there was only so much i could do.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14940609...eanup.mp3.html

this song does remind me of zoom, but also white spider and WBFTT at times. this is a better single than tarantula, and hopefully it's indicative of whatever they do next being better than zeitgeist in general. the second half of this song is as good as some pre-breakup songs in my opinion. the chorus is just really boring.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #212
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

The breakdown in the middle is pretty cool. Based on the rip, the guitars will probably sound much better in a higher quality recording.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #213
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mahatma View Post
i did a little cleanup and tried to add some "balls" to the radio rip. i kind of brick-walled it, but since the quality is shit anyway, there was only so much i could do.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14940609...eanup.mp3.html

this song does remind me of zoom, but also white spider and WBFTT at times. this is a better single than tarantula, and hopefully it's indicative of whatever they do next being better than zeitgeist in general. the second half of this song is as good as some pre-breakup songs in my opinion. the chorus is just really boring.
yeah the chorus sucks

Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #214
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

i definitely thinks it smore palatable than tarantula...but not sure i would use the word "better".

again, its obvious to me that billy is trying to write a catchy song and capture more new fans. lest we forget, he's not playing to the front row anymore!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #215
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm liking it. It is what it is...a radio single. I really like the fades on the guitars as someone mentioned earlier! Pretty kick ass.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #216
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm View Post
this is tcm.
savant-like in his ability to find old postings. or pretty much any other information ever committed to paper or screen.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #217
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
i definitely thinks it smore palatable than tarantula...but not sure i would use the word "better".

again, its obvious to me that billy is trying to write a catchy song and capture more new fans. lest we forget, he's not playing to the front row anymore!
kind of a bummer to have his straight up admit that he's less interested in the loyal followers than the mainstream listeners. *sigh* oh well.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #218
28if
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: yeah seriously i think we've more than established a consensus on reality, it's not that abstract.

Come on baby, no time for maybe's?

Old 09-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #219
sniffingchimp
Ownz

95% of Q101 voters seemed to like it. What the fuck that indicates I dont know.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #220
???
Minion of Satan

HAZY LAZY MAYBE CRAZY

Old 09-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #221
???
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffingchimp View Post
95% of Q101 voters seemed to like it. What the fuck that indicates I dont know.
it indicates that bill is an expert at proxy IP voting.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #222
skipgo
Minion of Satan

i'm scared to listen to it.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #223
avsfan7733
Apocalyptic Poster

could have been alot worse.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #224
the mahatma
Demi-God

Quote:

agreed after reconsideration.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #225
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolmos View Post
fuck off monty.
seriously

Old 09-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #226
jm9843
Ownz

Alerting all morons: this song was recorded primarily for a video game and not for you.

You can now resume listening to Crestfallen and its ilk.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #227
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo View Post
kind of a bummer to have his straight up admit that he's less interested in the loyal followers than the mainstream listeners. *sigh* oh well.
its not about shitting on the loyal followers. its about billy being less self indulgent. he knows the loyal followers will like anything & everything SP puts out, therefore obscuring any objective take on the work. so instead he is tryign to ground himself in the reality of trying to make good songs (catchy songs?) that would have more mass appeal and/or non-fan appeal. sure, in the end the front row will still like it, but the appraoch is different.

at least thats how i see it, reading all the recent comments, the stuff he said on the uli-man-date, and now hearign this song. he wants to see what a stand-alone catchy single will do, before he moves on to the forthcoming psychadelia!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #228
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
Alerting all morons: this song was recorded primarily for a video game and not for you.
shut up, dickface.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #229
the mahatma
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post

You can now resume listening to Crestfallen and its ilk.
your avatar horrifies america, and me.

by the way i never gave the song a numerical rating.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #230
skipgo
Minion of Satan

well i didn't say that he was shitting on us, just that he wasn't as interested in us. And I'm sure my view is skewed by my netphoria tunnel vision, but it seems like the loyal fans are fairly critical of the new stuff. I don't think he should assume the fans will automatically like it. I mean, I get what you're saying about trying to write catchy "good" songs. I honestly think he shouldn't care about either group. it would be best if he just wrote for himself and let the rest of the world sort it out on its own. But maybe he's doing just that. I'm only commenting on that one quote about the "front row" that you alluded to; maybe that was just some off the cuff comment that didn't mean much.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #231
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
I post with my real name here

Old 09-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #232
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo View Post
well i didn't say that he was shitting on us, just that he wasn't as interested in us. And I'm sure my view is skewed by my netphoria tunnel vision, but it seems like the loyal fans are fairly critical of the new stuff. I don't think he should assume the fans will automatically like it. I mean, I get what you're saying about trying to write catchy "good" songs. I honestly think he shouldn't care about either group. it would be best if he just wrote for himself and let the rest of the world sort it out on its own. But maybe he's doing just that. I'm only commenting on that one quote about the "front row" that you alluded to; maybe that was just some off the cuff comment that didn't mean much.
fairly critical of the new material or not...you're still waiting in line all day and you're still in the front row! thats the point he's tryign to make. even the long-time highly-critical fans still show up in the end!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #233
jm9843
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
shut up, dickface.
Try and make me stupid head person.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #234
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
fairly critical of the new material or not...you're still waiting in line all day and you're still in the front row! thats the point he's tryign to make. even the long-time highly-critical fans still show up in the end!
hm. yeah, i see your point. but i do think he shouldn't just take that for granted. "oh they'll be there, i'm not worried about T****.

eh, it's not a huge deal to me though. I'm starting to think it doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. Yes, I'll still be on the front row, even if i don't like the new stuff. But I wish I DID like the new stuff. or rather, I hope I DO. But if I don't, it's no big deal anymore.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #235
Northern_Hazel
Pledge

Good production, very boring & meaningless song. I listened once, enjoyed not hearing too many vocal effects, put down my headphones and said "well, that was interesting". Not at all moved to listen to it again.

Billy - if the next album is full of shit like this, I will finally throw in the towel. I used to say that I liked SP in a proud voice. Now I have to make up tons of excuses. Fuck.

Last edited by Northern_Hazel : 09-29-2008 at 12:17 PM.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #236
slappyspank33
Pledge

Quote:
Yeah, to hear the old songs. I'll sit through GLOW to hear Porcelina or Ruby.
It's also too bad about the two night packaged shows. That's a perfect way to shit on your fans, make it even easier for scalpers to buy all of the tickets.

- a sad soul who couldn't get toronto tix

Last edited by slappyspank33 : 09-29-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #237
wilch
Ownz

terrible vocal delivery as usually, ending is quite good, chorus is quite good, verse is shit. Minge!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #238
slappyspank33
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Hazel View Post
Good production, very boring & meaningless song. I listened once, enjoyed not hearing too many vocal effects, put down my headphones and said "well, that was interesting". Not at all moved to listen to it again.

Billy - if the next album is full of shit like this, I will finally throw in the towel. I used to say that I liked SP in a proud voice. Now I have to make up tons of excuses. Fuck.
Ha! I couldn't agree with this more.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #239
epinson
Oblivious Virgin

There are not enough Billys on this song.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #240
skipgo
Minion of Satan

for what it's worth, i do think if they continue to not "play to the front row", they will lose some of those fans. your monte's and davins will still be there, and a lot of the rest of us too; but I'm sure there are plenty who will get fed up with it. There's being loyal and hopeful, and then there's just blindly following... it's a fine line, and even I will get bored with it eventually.