Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #151
paranoid
Minion of Satan

I hope these e-mails are the foreword in his spirituality book.

edit: the facebook ones.

Last edited by paranoid : 08-25-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #152
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I think it all just boils down to the dude being a megalomaniacal egomaniac.

I mean there's a reason people have been saying that since the early 90s. Social media brings out people's dark side, including celebrities.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #153
Venom
Ownz

He's just butthurt his career's in the toilet and he can't make any decent music. Oceania will suck, we all know it will.

Billy Corgan, he'll performing at the local Holiday Inn soon and nobody will come... well, except to laugh at him.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #154
Ball Sack Face
Banned

Why does he constantly try to prove he's a better guitarist/person/musician than James? Billy's got some ridiculous insecurities that consistently boil to the top.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #155
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 AM   #156
Venom
Ownz

Probably because it's something like his penis is small, and James' isn't.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #157
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

he just can't except it

Old 08-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #158
Venom
Ownz

Instead of sending him a pedal, send him a Swedish penis pump.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #159
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Girl 1979

... which was very true at the time... and yeah, I was being overly pleasant because I was hoping to collaborate with him... but once again... the Rocket diss... the lack of response to the Silver Rose... using MonteLDS as a place to communicate with the fan base... the endless tabloid / conspiracy / astrology stuff... the bleeding of wrestling with the new Pumpkins... music I wasn't enjoying any longer... etc. etc.

I'll admit, I was drinking the kool aid for a while because I was star struck to be working with an old hero of mine... but that quickly dried up as things he was doing just kept getting further and further away from stuff I'd personally want to support or be a part of....
To be fair, and I do NOT condone what he has said tonight AT ALL, but you were saying how much you hated the music/direction he was taking before and around the same time you were sending out these messages to him. I mean you sent him praise and understanding, you got on his side.. for what? the opportunity to work with him? A good push for your company? I can understand why he might be upset by some of the things you've said about him, but of course I do not understand his horrible reaction.

either way, it's pretty clear the whole thing is over with. Luckily you've got a lot of good people saying great things about your work. Keep a good working relationship with all those people, and steer clear of those who always need some sort of validation. never meet your idols, i guess?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #160
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Sack Face
Why does he constantly try to prove he's a better guitarist/person/musician than James? Billy's got some ridiculous insecurities that consistently boil to the top.
that whole line about tricking listeners about there being two guitar players.. well lol.. why the fuck does it sound like I'm hearing one guitarist all over zeitgeist and teargarden? let the fucking james thing go.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #161
Space Girl 1979
Ownz

Last edited by Space Girl 1979 : 09-03-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:51 AM   #162
paranoid
Minion of Satan

well one guy over at hipsters thinks the messages are a fake.. and if billy wanted to save some face here he could ride that wave.. but it looks like he's already got some supporters.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:57 AM   #163
Venom
Ownz

News at 11, Billy Corgan's bat shit crazy. He hates gays, transgenders and women.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #164
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Usually I'm a little bit bothered when Billy lashes out at the little people like this, but he's totally justified here. I mean, it's fucking ridiculous. Here's this person who made such a big deal here about how they were providing Billy with these pedals and acted oh so excited about how they were going to be used on the new material...and then suddenly they go off on him and air a bunch of dirty laundry in public to boot. And over what? The fact that he is taking 2 minutes out of his life per week to do a Q and A on a fan's blog and that said fan happens to be Mormon? That was really the tipping point? Who the hell wouldn't feel offended to have someone turn on them for such trifling reasons? Billy tries to throw the fans a bone, and you guys turn it into putting someone's religion on trial and condemning Billy along with it...and all just because you want to shit on Monte's parade out of jealousy and spite. It's as petty and small as Netphoria's ever been, and that's saying a whole fucking lot.

Yeah, maybe Billy shouldn't have stooped to this place's level. But it's gotta be hard to let it go when someone shows their true colors and reveals that they don't respect you, never respected you, and was only using you to further their own ends. Especially when it comes as a reaction to him trying to do something nice for someone.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #165
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

this will be the cost of you running your mouth on me ever again.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #166
Venom
Ownz

Apparently Billy's bone is very, very small.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #167
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist View Post
Usually I'm a little bit bothered when Billy lashes out at the little people like this, but he's totally justified here.

hahahahah!! what!!!!!!!!

i never really believed that your whole thing was a schtick, but now i'm convinced.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #168
Ball Sack Face
Banned

Quote:
Usually I'm a little bit bothered when Billy lashes out at the little people like this, but he's totally justified here. I mean, it's fucking ridiculous. Here's this person who made such a big deal here about how they were providing Billy with these pedals and acted oh so excited about how they were going to be used on the new material...and then suddenly they go off on him and air a bunch of dirty laundry in public to boot. And over what? The fact that he is taking 2 minutes out of his life per week to do a Q and A on a fan's blog and that said fan happens to be Mormon? That was really the tipping point? Who the hell wouldn't feel offended to have someone turn on them for such trifling reasons? Billy tries to throw the fans a bone, and you guys turn it into putting someone's religion on trial and condemning Billy along with it...and all just because you want to shit on Monte's parade out of jealousy and spite. It's as petty and small as Netphoria's ever been, and that's saying a whole fucking lot.

Yeah, maybe Billy shouldn't have stooped to this place's level. But it's gotta be hard to let it go when someone shows their true colors and reveals that they don't respect you, never respected you, and was only using you to further their own ends. Especially when it comes as a reaction to him trying to do something nice for someone.
nah

Old 08-25-2011, 02:01 AM   #169
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:

Yeah, maybe Billy shouldn't have stooped to this place's level. But it's gotta be hard to let it go when someone shows their true colors and reveals that they don't respect
you, never respected you, and was only using you to further their own ends. Especially when it comes as a reaction to him trying to do something nice for someone.

Oh hey look Corganist playing apologist as usual

Old 08-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #170
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Corganist are you implying someone is jealous of Monte?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #171
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Corganist: transgender bashing is justified

Old 08-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #172
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corganist

of course the republican can look past the transphobic comments.

whatever point you may have here is completely obliterated by how incredibly small, childish and petty corgan is acting in response. there is NO excuse for this type of behavior. There are many, many other ways, more professional ways he could have handled this whole debacle.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #173
Venom
Ownz

Who would be jealous of an intolerant Mormon like Monte? Oh noz, I'm jealous they have magic underwear! Give me a fucking break.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #174
Corganist
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Corganist are you implying someone is jealous of Monte?
How else could we get from "Billy is doing a Q and A on Monte's blog" to "WAAHH, he doesn't like my pedals and pay attention to me!!"?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #175
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Corganist: threats of physical violence are justified

Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #176
Space Girl 1979
Ownz

Last edited by Space Girl 1979 : 09-03-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #177
Venom
Ownz

Seriously, Monte? So what if he has Q&A sessions with Billy, that's nothing to be jealous of. He's still a gay bashing dickhead.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #178
Venom
Ownz

So as mentioned, I guess the transgender bashing and threats of violence against women mean nothing and I guess she somehow 'deserves' it?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:09 AM   #179
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
Corganist: threats of physical violence are justified
against women, mind you!

Old 08-25-2011, 02:10 AM   #180
Venom
Ownz

That's not cool man.