Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #31
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
This might come across as a "nice guy brag" but I cannot begin to fathom touching anyone without their consent, it astonishes me that it's so pervasive b/c I can't comprehend how anyone believes they should ever do it

And I was raised in a culture that full-on despises women and treats them as (at best) chattel. Yet I can't even approach an understanding of how a rapist justifies or accepts what they're doing
in my psych and law class there were some alarming statistics, when you ask men if they would rape if they could get away with it something like 13% say yes, and if you get them aroused first it something like doubles. in another study or the same study, not sure we went over it in both my evolutionary psych and statistics class, they tested other things like the thought of having sex with a 13 year old, or animals, plus more benign things like would you cheat on your wife and stuff. even the having sex with animals went up from about 6% to 11% and 13 year old went up from like 7% to 20%. imma try to find the study

Old 05-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #32
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
in my psych and law class there were some alarming statistics, when you ask men if they would rape if they could get away with it something like 13% say yes, and if you get them aroused first it something like doubles. they tested other things like the thought of having sex with a 16 year old, or an animals, plus more benign things like would you cheat on your wife and stuff. even the having sex with animals went up from about 6% to 11%
This makes me want to die

Old 05-11-2017, 11:00 PM   #33
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i found it. it's a little different than what i remembered. here's the article:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bdm.501/epdf

for context, each male was able to move a bar on a graph going from 0 to 100 to indicate how likely they would be to do the thing being asked about.

Research participants were 35 University of California, Berkeley male undergraduates recruited with ads placed around campus, who received $10 per session in exchange for participating.

FYI 35 people may not seem like very many but 30 is considered a magic number for what can be considered a robust study in non-physical sciences (biology, psychology, sociology). Anyway this is just food for thought.

http://i.imgur.com/zEzb3KH.png

http://i.imgur.com/SIheizg.png?2

Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #34
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so those are all significant except

Can you imagine having sex with a man?
Would you find it exciting to spank your sexual partner?
Do you prefer to have sex with the light on?

and some of the ones about if you can still get an STD if the person is your friend (lol)

Old 05-11-2017, 11:06 PM   #35
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Hoqw does aroused/non-aroused answer yes/no questions? I don't get it.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:07 PM   #36
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I guess all of that is to say, when ppl are aroused they act with much less regard for themselves and other people

Old 05-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #37
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Hmmm.

Quote:
The panel on the
right, when activated, displayed an ‘‘arousal thermometer’’ with regions colored from blue to red represent-
ing increasing levels of arousal. Two keys on the keypad allowed the user to move the probe on the arousal
meter to indicate their momentary level of arousal. The panel on the top left occupied the largest part of the
screen, displaying diverse erotic photographs. When this panel was activated, the same two keys used to
move the probe on the arousal thermometer allowed the subject to scroll forward and backward through
the photographs. The panel at the bottom of the screen presented the series of questions that the subjects
answered. This panel was visible in both treatments, but, in the arousal treatment, the questions could be
answered only when the self-declared level of arousal was 75% or higher on the arous al thermometer. (This
criteria was set to create high level of arous al but at the same time not too high in order to avoid ejaculation.)
The same two keys used to move the probe on the arousal therm ometer, and to scroll forward and backward
through the photograp hs, allowed the subj ect to move a probe to indicate their answers to the questions pre-
sented in this panel. A different key was used to submit the answer and progress to the next question.
The questions took the form of statements, which participants could react to on a visual-analog scale that
stretched between ‘‘no’’ on the left to ‘‘possibly’’ in the middle to ‘‘yes’’ on the right. Because the movement
of the probe on the visual-analog scale was carried out by repeatedly pressing keys, we used a discrete scale
with twenty-six steps along the visual-analog scale. Responses were converted to a 0–100 scale, where 0 is
the most extreme negative response and 100 is the most extreme positive response.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #38
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Hoqw does aroused/non-aroused answer yes/no questions? I don't get it.
it's not yes/no, i misremembered. so basically the question of if you could find a 12 year old attractive. when not aroused, the average score was a 23 (out of 100) and when aroused it was double that.

This is not the study I was thinking of that actually asked if you'd rape someone or have sex with animals etc, I unfortunately do not seem to have the class lectures anymore

Old 05-11-2017, 11:10 PM   #39
noyen
Immortal

the "can you imagine" questions are they poised as "can you imagine YOURSELF masturbating a llama" or "can you imagine?" cuz I can imagine those things and concepts and like yeah, can you imagine a horse jumping into a vagina with rainbows shooting from it sure.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #40
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

although it does ask if you'd keep trying to having sex if your date said no and the answers were alarmingly high, 20 (non-aroused) and 45 (aroused)

but anyway i didnt get across my point because this is the wrong study, i seem to have melded them into one in my mind

Old 05-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #41
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Keep in mind these are undergrad males. So I would assume half of them aren't even old enough to drink legally.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:14 PM   #42
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

How does the aroused response DROP from the non-aroused response for having sex with the light on? That doesn't make any sense, does it?

Old 05-11-2017, 11:14 PM   #43
noyen
Immortal

hungry/stoned/roofied/bleeding/tired/cracked out undergrads

Old 05-11-2017, 11:15 PM   #44
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
How does the aroused response DROP from the non-aroused response for having sex with the light on? That doesn't make any sense, does it?
the drop wasn't significant, meaning that for all purposes the scores are the same

0.46 significance means there's basically a 46% chance that if they had two groups that difference (2 either way) would happen spontaneously, meaning yeah it doesn't mean anything

Old 05-11-2017, 11:16 PM   #45
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
the drop wasn't significant, meaning that for all purposes the scores are the same
I agree with this conclusion. I think it shows you some general margin of error for these tests.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #46
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Study discovers that aroused men aged 18-22 lack good judgment!

Old 05-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #47
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Except when it comes to energy savings!

Old 05-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #48
noyen
Immortal

Can you imagine taking that test?

Old 05-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #49
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

It sounds really hard to even concentrate, right? Like getting spammed with random sexy images and trying to answer how turned on you are in conjunction with questions about banging a 60-year-old woman sounds like trying to bounce a basketball and play chess.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #50
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
Can you imagine taking that test?
that stats professor used it because he thought the circumstances were funny

Old 05-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #51
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

He sounds like a Baphomet cocksucker for sure.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #52
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I agree with this conclusion. I think it shows you some general margin of error for these tests.
well it depends how different the scores are. that previously mentioned 20 vs 45 score on if you'd keep going after being told no is very significant, p = <.001 means that there's less than a 0.1% chance that the scores being that different is a coincidence

Old 05-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #53
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I know how statistical analysis works. I think frankly these bros were too fully torqued to even read the questions part of the time.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:23 PM   #54
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

lol that might be true

Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #55
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

anyway i undermined the thread with my shitty study that didn't even say what i thought it did. there's another one though i swear. anyway.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:25 PM   #56
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Can always look at rape statistics and then estimate that about 50% of the actual cases go unreported.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:26 PM   #57
LaBelle
Socialphobic

And then make fun of a woman when she says she gets aprehensive/nervous when a guy gets confrontational on a one on one situation.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #58
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
i guess what i'd say about being groped being or not being rape, if you let's say were stuck in a subway car and were groped for 5 minutes i might be inclined to say you were raped. a one second encounter? i guess not

if you were inclined to say that as professional, and it would go to court, it should be interesting because this is the legal definition

Quote:
“The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

Old 05-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #59
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

So if someone gives me an unconsensual handy it's not rape but an unconsensual blowie is rape?

Old 05-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #60
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

when is sex during intoxication rape and when is it not?

serious question