View Poll Results: Pick one
Gish 24 53.33%
Machina 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #481
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Gish has better energy, by far. Sounds more like a band

But machina has waaaaaaaaay more developed songwriting and more diversity of noises, so for me it edges or just rubs out gish by like a couple droplets

Old 01-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #482
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Gish/adore/mcis/SD/PI/aeroplane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> machina

Old 01-12-2019, 02:46 PM   #483
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Ban mashed vajayjay

Old 01-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #484
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Unhappy

ok

Old 01-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #485
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Gish/adore/mcis/SD/PI/aeroplane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> machina
C’mon let’s face it at the end of the day youre telling us u never had a Slow DAWN where you go home, reclaim your innosence, and then let me give the world to your vanity?

Plus not even WOUND though? Not even Standing Inside the Spotlight of Your Mother’s Love with very Light that shining down onto you In Your Body?

Old 01-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #486
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Wound alone is better than anything on Gish, and I love Gish.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #487
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

now you know what would be a good poll?

pre-gish vs machina ii

Old 01-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #488
Alice
Minion of Satan

Pre-Gish vs. Machina pre-master

Old 01-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #489
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

pre-gish vs machina ii
still scared to make it

Old 01-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #490
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i'm voting pre-gish though

Old 01-12-2019, 08:49 PM   #491
Modern90's
Demi-God

pre-gish probably wins that one

Old 01-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #492
Eulogy
huh

Machina is like my first born. It got me into this band and it sticks with me still.

Sorry.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #493
FoolofaTook

Oh I thought you were going to say you offered it up to Moloch.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #494
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

got into the band with Machina? n00b

Old 01-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #495
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

pre-gish vs machina ii
your dads pole was pretty good too

Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #496
FoolofaTook

Old 01-14-2019, 12:24 AM   #497
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i got into SP during Zeitgeist era, but my first album was Adore

even so, my pole is better than that of Took's daddy

Old 01-14-2019, 01:06 AM   #498
Elphenor
Braindead

Machina has higher highs but lower lows

Old 01-14-2019, 09:00 AM   #499
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
C’mon let’s face it at the end of the day youre telling us u never had a Slow DAWN where you go home, reclaim your innosence, and then let me give the world to your vanity?

Plus not even WOUND though? Not even Standing Inside the Spotlight of Your Mother’s Love with very Light that shining down onto you In Your Body?
slow dawn, vanity, stand inside your love and maybe in my body are good, probably the best tracks from both machina's, along with a handful of others, but nothing reaches the heights they achieved before that. add to that a whole lot of mediocre songs and a fair amount of godawful ones, overall terrible production and just the endless dragging of the whole thing, not to mention the cringey lyrics and the fucking machina mystery and it's fair to say both the albums are really bad.

heavy metal machine, sacred and profane, crying tree are absolutely terrible. hardly any redeeming qualities in the first place, also as if that's not bad enough the songs are stretched out to a ridiculous extent. hey guys hmm is only 4 minutes long, let's add the chorus again. and again! and then let's add multiple, even worse versions on m2.

glass and the ghost children has awesome atmosphere, moreso than the other aspects like chord progression or singing melody. but then there has to be a minute or two of the sound of billy talking to his therapist. the therapist had to be rolling his eyes when hearing that pretentious bullshit but billy thought it was good enough to put it in the middle of a song, for the whole world to hear.

I remember really trying to like it when it came out and the first few years after that and I kind of did, although the disappointment after the earlier albums always prevailed. on listening occasions later in my life I disliked most of it and I still try it once in every few years and I usually end up asking myself why.

I don't completely hate everything about it, I like aforementioned songs and glass' theme, dross, age of innocence. I love the superhuman drumming on TEG and cash car star. and some other aspects. but the bad outweighs the good by a big margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Wound alone is better than anything on Gish, and I love Gish.
song bores me.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #500
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

sounds like a personal problem

Old 01-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #501
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

and what the FUCK is people's deal with Sacred + Profane? do y'all just pick track titles at random or something and start talking shit about them? at worst I could see someone deeming it a skipper but it doesn't even approach the levels of being potentially objectionable as HMM or GATGC

frankly i can't believe people still even waste their energy on hating/fighting against anything pre-Zwan by this point. Bill was at least still respectable here

Old 01-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #502
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
Bill was at least still respectable here
nope!

Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #503
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
and what the FUCK is people's deal with Sacred + Profane? do y'all just pick track titles at random or something and start talking shit about them? at worst I could see someone deeming it a skipper but it doesn't even approach the levels of being potentially objectionable as HMM or GATGC
to me, it's a nothing song. Nothing happens in it. it's not very happy nor very sad, it doesn't rock yet it's not very gentle either, no memorable melodies or riffs. But yet bill felt the need to stretch it out to 5 minutes or something, whereas it would have outstayed its welcome after half of that

Old 01-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #504
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Sacred and Profane is a horrible load of shit.

HMM and GATGC are singular epic rock near-masterpieces.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #505
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

depending on your definition of 'near', I agree!

Old 01-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #506
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

y'all're fucked up!

Old 01-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #507
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

truly fucked up

Old 01-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #508
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Sacred to me has the ambiguity of sounding celebratory & melancholic at the same time, sometimes more one than the other - a mark of a lot of Bill's best work

plus, it's got that bangin' rhythm underneath it all

I'll chalk it up to you guys being disappointed by Machina on release & never quite overcoming the trauma

Old 01-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #509
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I can honestly say that Sacred is the only SP1 era album track that I not only dislike but find truly disposable. It just feels bland and listless with that drum loop forcing Jimmy to stay on the grid and its meandering tempo. Also it has no hooks.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #510
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

the drumbeat thing's a matter of taste i guess, but it has like 3 hooks, lol. & that's not even counting the heavenly lead that goes into Bill's "will love ever BE enough?"

god damnit i love the song