Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Default ITT: Post Things Your Teachers Did in Elementary that You're Still Angry About

This was back in the days where report cards were hand-written instead of printouts. You had to return your report card to your teacher so that they could write the next term's marks on them.

On the last day of school, I didn't get a report card. I told the teacher, and she asked Alex, the student she had hand them out (who was kinda a teacher's pet), and Alex said that she gave me mine. The teacher accused me of lying. I insisted that I wasn't, but the teacher replied that she "trusts Alex," and threatened to send me to the office. I started crying.

I later found evidence that there was no way Alex could have handed me my report card… because it turned out that I had forgotten to return the report card from the previous term, anyway.

Fuck Alex and fuck Mrs. Dobko.

Old 05-09-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Shallowed
Braindead

My primary school teachers were all pretty okay.

I can only think of things that I'm angry at myself about.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
Disco King
Minion of Satan

https://pics.me.me/yung-based-dookie...l-19196937.png

Old 05-09-2018, 06:45 PM   #4
Ram27
dumb

One time one of the troublemaker kids threw a pack of carrots across the lunchroom then blamed me for it. Teacher believed him and sent me to the office.

i started crying and they let me go lol

Old 05-09-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

My 4th grade teacher explained the concept of cats being in heat by using me (as a male cat) and her (as a female cat) as examples. Even at the time, I knew it was insanely fucked up on so many levels.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

we had a young substitute when i was a junior maybe and i was working a math problem at the front of the class. i was shifting a lot as i am wont to do and he said it looked like i was "having an orgasm". i snitched in the office and never saw him again.

when i was only 13 in 8th grade somehow a class conversation steered toward hormone pills (in english class; this wasn't a great school) and someone mentioned females taking pills to make their breasts smaller. mr. moon said i must take those. i snitched on him to my mom. she called the school and i never saw him again.

i don't know how kids found out i was responsible, but he was well-liked ("cool") and a lot of people were mad. there goes an easy A!

Old 05-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #7
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

1. This asshole boy, Jeremy, hated my guts. He was pinging rubber bands at me in class. Actually, he had joined a whole bunch of them together and was pinging them at me. I gave them back twice; the third time I refused. He tried to grab them out of my hand but I clenched my fist shut tight and he couldn't, so then he basically wrestled me out of my chair onto the floor. The teacher saw us on the floor - me, a straight A student with no prior history of behaviour problems, on the student council, and him, probably the rudest and most outspoken boy in our year, who had white guy dreadlocks because his single father was a hairdresser at one of those places where rich punks go to get their hair styled and dyed bright colours. She sent us BOTH to the principal, saying "I'm not interested in who started it; you're both going." When I got to the principal's office, she said "It takes two people for a situation like this to happen."

Um no. He was being an asshole to me with these rubber bands and when I refused to give them back he wrestled me to the floor. Only one fucking kid in the class would ever do that, and it's this guy right here, the biggest asshole in the school.

I think maybe they were trying to cut him some slack, because he was from a broken home, and had come to our school from the local private, presumably when his parents split up and could no longer afford the fees.

Yeah, well. Not my fucking problem. I was 12; he was an asshole to me; I ended up in the principal's office. Fuck you, school. I didn't expect anything better from him, and of course he amounted to a sum total of nothing as an adult. But I expected better from my school.

2. A teacher explaining muscle development had me stand next to the smallest boy in the class, facing away from everyone. I had no idea what was going to happen. Our teacher explained, to my and his horror, that because I was half-Polynesian I would likely always have larger calf muscles than him, because Polynesians are mesomorphs and tend toward big muscle development, whereas he was a typical Euro ectomorph, and tended toward being lean but skinny. He asked us to both flex our calf muscles, and this guy's face was just turning bright red and I could see he was trying really hard. Meanwhile, I was doing the opposite, determined to minimise my behemoth qualities before my classmates. Still...there was a "Oh my God...." kind of murmur. I don't think this guy and I ever spoke to each other after that.

Did that kickstart a complex about how much of a woman I really am? Yes, yes it did. Fuck you school.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #8
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Shit.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #9
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Teacher, leave those kids alone.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #10
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

https://i.imgur.com/Sq8byhw.jpg?1

Old 05-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #11
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
My 4th grade teacher explained the concept of cats being in heat by using me (as a male cat) and her (as a female cat) as examples. Even at the time, I knew it was insanely fucked up on so many levels.
What the absolute fuck?

That took the wind right out of the false accusations of plagiarism thing I was going with.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #12
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Yeah, sorry about that.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:59 PM   #13
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I'm hesitant to ask for the details.

Go on, though.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 PM   #14
redbreegull

I just came here to say I correctly explained why the sky is blue once and my teacher told the class I was wrong, but "good try"

but some of these others wtf

Old 05-09-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I'm afraid I can't really recall any other details. I mean, we're talking something that happened almost 25 years ago. I just remember her going "If Andy was a boy cat and I was a girl cat..." and just feeling really hot and uncomfortable almost instantly.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #16
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

vix and **** sound a lot more painful tbh

Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #17
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

lol ****

Old 05-10-2018, 06:43 AM   #18
FoolofaTook

when i was in fourth grade my teacher made us try out in front of the class for choir. i got up and squawked a bit. she told me that i couldn't sing for shit. everyone laughed.

i don't sing.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #19
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Angry

I wanted to be part of the bus patrol and didn't get picked...twice! This actually has to do with my bus driver as opposed to a teacher...but WTH, Jack! You could have at least given me a chance.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #20
slunken
Virgo

In the 3rd grade my teacher pulled me out into the hallway and told me that I'm really smart but I need to learn self-control.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #21
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

what i remember from each grade:

kindergarten: in afterschool, this taller kid was picking on my friend Scott (RIP dude). i got pissed off at him and swung at him and he ducked and i decked my friend in the nose, bloody nose and errything. didn't get in trouble though

1st grade: Ms. Larson. one time i went into her classroom after everyone had left and she hastily put out a cigarette.

2nd grade: Ms. MacCauly or some other spelling. gave us jolly ranchers at the end of the day.

3rd grade: Mr. Mogalevsky. This guy was a badass. I remember he once illustrated reflexes to us by telling a kid he was going to light his hand on fire and to not move. Lol that wouldn't fly now. anyway he had "Mo Money" he would give out for good behavior etc, and at the end of the semester he had an auction. people donated stuff, he also got some useful trinkets like locked boxes and the main item was one of the class turtles we had all year. we also did a big unit on the middle ages and made a big castle out of cardboard boxes with glued on paper "bricks". also I had another teach just for language arts and she accused me of just reciting the book for a book report instead of putting things in my own words EVEN THOUGH I HAD FORGOTTEN TO BRING THE BOOK HOME WITH ME AND SOME OF THE DETAILS WERE IN THE WRONG ORDER. my mom gave her a note about it. whatever bitch. Mr. Mo also gave me a bunch of C's one quarter which I had never gotten before, which helped me realize i couldn't keep doing nothing and getting A's

4th grade: ms. hetman. put our assignments on the board, didn't teach shit, and gave us hours and hours of recess each day. a horrible, terrible teacher. another kid had to teach me long division and once i got it i taught other kids, for example. she spoke with a microphone/speaker combo for some reason. bullshit teacher.

5th grade: don't remember her name. she was ok. i remember her teaching us sex ed, girls only. she tried to get me into advanced placement in middle school but my mom had decided she didnt want me there because of the pressure. for social studies and science we switched with another teacher, who had a big scandal going on with the school board because he was openly gay (this was in like 1993) and some parents didn't like it. i know he ended up dying early, possibly of AIDS. my mom would know, i forgot his name. he was a really good teacher and was the first teacher i ever had who did oral exams and most of our work was projects

the end

Old 05-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #22
myosis
Minion of Satan

it was probably the oral exams that had parents scandalized

Old 05-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #23
ilikeplanets
Braindead

an art teacher told me my paper mache project looked like it got run over by a truck

my gym teacher mocked me a few times (and other kids. he was an asshole.)

my 2nd grade teacher blamed me for laughing at some kid who threw a cockroach across the room (ew) instead of blaming the kid who threw it. bitch also told my mom if i forgot my lunch again not to bring it but to let me be hungry. no teacher better attempt that shit when my daughter is in school or else they are going to have a nightmare of a school year.

but in middle school a kid got in trouble for disrupting the jenga game my friend and i decided was appropriate to play in the middle of math class so i guess it all evened out (not really)

fuck public school

Old 05-11-2018, 11:35 AM   #24
ilikeplanets
Braindead

mildly upsetting that so many people have stories for this topic

Old 05-11-2018, 11:37 AM   #25
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
In the 3rd grade my teacher pulled me out into the hallway and told me that I'm really smart but I need to learn self-control.

and that's the story of the band

Old 05-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #26
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
it was probably the oral exams that had parents scandalized
lol

I remember his name now. Looks like he died of lymphoma. Here's his obit (though nobody cares):

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pa...&pid=107638947

Old 05-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #27
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also found Mr Mo, he's an assistant principal now. he looks like he is in his 50s, probably was only around 30 when he was my teacher.

oh i also remember he organized a kids vs teachers kickball game, and one of the teachers fainted. so he ran to the clinic (i guess) and got a wheelchair, but somehow on the way there he cut himself so he was bleeding everywhere. it was a large campus and we were totally opposite the clinic, so there and back had to be a good 1/2 mile

also i remember the last few days of class there were about 5 of us who played risk, including him, and he helped us all strategize and think logically. oh oh oh, also he used to be the permanent quarterback when we played touch football at recess, and i remember him specifically trying throwing me a touchdown and yelling "TOUCHDOWN ER-I-CA". i was the only girl playing, which was always awkward at the beginning of the year but after a few weeks people realized i could play. he also used to give us brain teasers in the morning and sometimes after lunch, and really by luck i got the answer to one really really quickly and went up to him and i remember him being super impressed. he would give out starbursts sometimes and he gave me two. really it was just luck, i was doing trial-and-error and happened to pick the right answer on my first or second trial

we also had sex ed in 3rd grade and i remember people being all giggly about "sex" and him being like "it's no big deal, people are male or female" and people being giggly like not that kind of sex and him just saying "well if not for sex none of us would be here". we mostly talked about deodorant though and like where is appropriate for people to touch you

damn i remember quite a bit about his class considering i remember very little about all of my other teachers

Last edited by reprise85 : 05-11-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #28
yo soy el mejor

my 8th grade computer teacher mr. morris called me some combination of dumb and too smart.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #29
yo soy el mejor

8th grade is when i first saw a penis; my home-ec class was also sex-ed and we were shown pictures of diseased dicks (to know what to avoid?)

i also ran an epilator across my arm in that class and it hurt so goddamn much.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #30
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
and that's the story of the band
pretty much.