Old 09-10-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Billy Talks Mike & Nicole Leaving & Friendship With Jimmy

http://www.alternativenation.net/alt...-billy-corgan/

Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

hmm…so Billy wasn't pleased with Mike and Nicole having side projects after all. Weird.

Good to know he's friends with Jimmy in some form or another, though it still seems kind of strained to me.

I'm also glad he has decided to shut up about the current music climate and accept that some people, or generations, prefer different types of music.

This is probably the most diplomatic and apologetic that I've read Billy being...shit, maybe he is reading netphoria after all.

Last edited by Araneae : 09-10-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:29 AM   #3
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Holy shit. He comes off as very pleasant, inspired, and conscious of the current state of rock but not hung up on it or dwelling in shit.

I'm excited for the albums and possible tours.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:33 AM   #4
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

oh and fuck the writer for asking about his cat's twitter account...way to end the fucking interview.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:44 AM   #5
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Nice interview man. Finally someone who asked about Mike and Nicole.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #6
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
oh and fuck the writer for asking about his cat's twitter account...way to end the fucking interview.
have you no soul

Old 09-10-2014, 01:46 AM   #7
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
hmm…so Billy wasn't pleased with Mike and Nicole having side projects after all. Weird.
I've always figured this to be the case. But really, can you blame the guy? He hires a couple nobodies into his world famous band and the first thing the members wanna do is work on getting another band off the ground? Seems pretty strange... and stupid.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #8
OldAtHeart
Oblivious Virgin

He actually has a good sense of what NOT to talk about... good interview.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #9
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
have you no soul
It combines two things that I dislike: twitter and people pretending to be their pets. Honestly, who the fuck actually decides, not only to start an account posing as their pet, but also to frequently update it with drivel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I've always figured this to be the case. But really, can you blame the guy? He hires a couple nobodies into his world famous band and the first thing the members wanna do is work on getting another band off the ground? Seems pretty strange... and stupid.
From what I remember, from past interviews, Billy said he was okay with it and claimed to encourage it. Obviously that was not the case. To be perfectly honest, there's something fishy about the whole situation. I get the feeling that things aren't as diplomatic as Billy is making it out to sound...but maybe he's trying something new (i.e. trying not to sound like a bitter asshole).

Old 09-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #10
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I bet bill thinks everything is great and nicole and mike do not!

Old 09-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #11
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

"At the end of the day"

Why is Billy so in love with Jeff?

also this pic is so badass

http://www.alternativenation.net/wp-...llybadass1.jpg

Old 09-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #12
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams of glass View Post
Why is Billy so in love with Jeff?
Loyalty.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #13
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Honestly, who the fuck actually decides, not only to start an account posing as their pet, but also to frequently update it with drivel.
me.
Billy Corgan.
Lil Bub's guardian.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:08 AM   #14
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm 100% certain that airplane mode is behind the cat twitter accounts and not Billy.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 AM   #15
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I'm 100% certain that airplane mode is behind the cat twitter accounts and not Billy.
Ya, it seems to be her.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 AM   #16
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

so do we know more about weilandfan being the same person as the alternativenation guy? or is that still uncertain?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 AM   #17
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Loyalty.
No... Asian fetish.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:52 AM   #18
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Speaking of that, what exactly happened with Mike Byrne and Nicole Fiorentino, and what is the future of the Pumpkins touring lineup for the new albums?

As far as future lineups, don’t know. With Mike and Nicole, I think it was simply a divide in what was the future of the band in terms of work and intensity. I think Jeff and I felt in order to push the band forward, it was going to take a Herculean effort. I don’t think that Mike and Nicole necessarily felt the same. Not to say that they weren’t committed, they did commit, and did a great job for what they were committed to.

But there are those points in every relationship where you say, ‘In order to get here, we have to do X.’ And they didn’t particularly agree with Jeff and I’s version of that, and having been through it before, as I have, I basically said very simply, ‘There is really no other way. You can’t be weekend warriors in a band like The Smashing Pumpkins. You have to go all the way in.’ There was some reluctance on their part to go all the way in, and I respect them for that, and that they have other things that they want to do in their life, and they should do their things.

So there is no animosity there, but at the end of the day, I’m the one who has to stand there and answer for whether or not The Smashing Pumpkins can be a contemporary band, can be a band that can headline a festival, can be a band that still gets talked about in a regular way as an artistic group, and not just [a mess of] drama. So I’m the one that ultimately has to answer for if what I’m getting inside the house is what I need to push the band.

So Nicole is definitely gone from the band at this point?

Yeah, I don’t see her coming back. But I respect the heck out of her talent. She’s one of the most talented musicians that I’ve ever worked with. I love the things that she’s contributed, and we remain in touch, and I also remain in touch with Mike. So it’s not the typical blow up, have a nice life, type stuff. We remain friends, and I do care about what happens with them in the future. It’s just the Pumpkins is a thing where at this point, there’s not a lot of room for interpretation.

- See more at: http://www.alternativenation.net/alt....nbpLb8aA.dpuf
Finally somebody asked him about Mike & Nicole.
So instead of being the drummer in SP, Mike prefers to be the drummer in Bearcubbin and give Skype lessons?....rrrrright.

Last edited by amoergosum : 09-10-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:53 AM   #19
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

You can't sit with us, Jimmy

Old 09-10-2014, 02:56 AM   #20
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe we should give Billy credit here for being nice this time. Mike was shitty for the band, but rather than say that he's framed the situation as a new direction.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:59 AM   #21
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Pope View Post
Maybe we should give Billy credit here for being nice this time. Mike was shitty for the band, but rather than say that he's framed the situation as a new direction.
I'm sure they would have appreciated if he said those kind things last May...

Old 09-10-2014, 05:06 AM   #22
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Finally somebody asked him about Mike & Nicole.
So instead of being the drummer in SP, Mike prefers to be the drummer in Bearcubbin and give Skype lessons?....rrrrright.
he's young enough to believably make idiotic decisions like this, on the presumption taht bearcubbin will make it why i was already in SP!

Old 09-10-2014, 05:40 AM   #23
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belteshazzar View Post
Good luck, Nicole.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:43 AM   #24
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
William Patrick Corgan
5. Februar
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a man I respect so much, and who is so cool he doesn't need social media. Jeff 'The Shredder' Schroeder of The Smashing Pumpkins
>>>

Quote:
Chris Byrne
It's my son's birthday too. Happy birthday Mike!

Old 09-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #25
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Maybe it's nothing more than a hot gal turned her down who it later turned out had crabs.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #26
myosis
Minion of Satan

i can't believe the people who have no understanding of other people who are aiming to have their own projects...
just think of the terms we've been using... hired guns, yes-men.
maybe they don't want to be that their own lives, maybe they want to realize themselves.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #27
Ram27
dumb

100% COMMITMENT

Old 09-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #28
Ram27
dumb

WEEKEND WARRIOR

Old 09-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #29
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
i can't believe the people who have no understanding of other people who are aiming to have their own projects...
just think of the terms we've been using... hired guns, yes-men.
maybe they don't want to be that their own lives, maybe they want to realize themselves.
You can tell jeff is really invested in SP. He moved to chicago and wanted to be part of the reissues etc.

I think with Mike, he doesn't want to say the truth because it is mean. But that is the truth about nicole. Nicole def was not into SP past the money or fame. This was a stepping stone for her.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #30
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
You can tell jeff is really invested in SP. He moved to chicago and wanted to be part of the reissues etc.

I think with Mike, he doesn't want to say the truth because it is mean. But that is the truth about nicole. Nicole def was not into SP past the money or fame. This was a stepping stone for her.
But Jeff took time out of SP to finish his university degree. They all seemed to do things outside of SP for themselves. Mike wasn't a good fit but he seemed committed to SP. He cancelled tour dates with his band because Billy said they were going to be recording demos, only for Billy to then change his mind. He seemed to only really become heavily focused on his own band after he was fired from SP. As for Nicole, isn't the side band a new thing for her too? It seems she was completely focused on SP in the first 3 years or so. I can't really fault her for wanting to start a band with her life partner. I just don't see why Billy thought she couldn't be committed to both of them, since she still put SP above her own band when it came to rehearsal/writing/touring time. None of it really makes sense.